singingbarely
30 IQ
Found this all-solid acoustic-electric guitar on artist guitars website. I've heard of them, but never really bothered to check them out. I don't live in Sydney so I can't test them out, and no music store near where I live carries them. Anyone know what they're like? Whether they're worth the money? If they're a good guitar brand?
innertom
Registered Sex Offender
10 IQ
iv seen them, there super cheap.
without playing one id advise you to avoid them.
that being said i bought a "black snake custom" les paul witch appears to be a kit basted guitar that some guy sells. it was set up horribly, the binding is messy, the finish is runny in spots. i swapped all the pickups to emg's replaced the bridge tunners and nut and its turned out decent.

what model are you looking at
innertom
Registered Sex Offender
10 IQ
i cant say for sure but i expect youd be better off going with a more well known brand
but thats upto, it just may be abit of a risk buying it. then again it could also be a solid guitar i dont know sorry
singingbarely
30 IQ
Quote by innertom
i cant say for sure but i expect youd be better off going with a more well known brand
but thats upto, it just may be abit of a risk buying it. then again it could also be a solid guitar i dont know sorry

Oh well. Thanks anyways
tom183
40 IQ
On paper it's pretty damn good. I can't think of any other all solid guitars you can pick up for $600 (AUD).

I've never played one or even heard of them before today. Any chance you can try before buying?
singingbarely
30 IQ
Quote by tom183
On paper it's pretty damn good. I can't think of any other all solid guitars you can pick up for $600 (AUD).

I've never played one or even heard of them before today. Any chance you can try before buying?

No chance at all, I live in Canada, and they're made in Australia. I also read on the site that they're an online-only company, and their guitars aren't in ANY stores.
singingbarely
30 IQ
Just found out they only deliver to Australia, so I can't buy them anyway
I guess I'm going with the Xaviere XV 580SS. If anyone wants the link:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/OUR-BEST-Solid-Spruce-Top-Solid-Rosewood-Back-and-Sides-with-Binding_p_4274.html

Seems like a good guitar, and from what I've heard on youtube and some other forum, their solid top guitars sound pretty good, so I guess I'll be the first to try out their all-solid guitars.

Thanks everyone
hotrodney71
10 IQ
Recording King, Yamaha, Seagull and Epiphone offer all-solid wood models in the $500-700 range.
hotrodney71
10 IQ
Quote by singingbarely
Just found out they only deliver to Australia, so I can't buy them anyway
I guess I'm going with the Xaviere XV 580SS. If anyone wants the link:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/OUR-BEST-Solid-Spruce-Top-Solid-Rosewood-Back-and-Sides-with-Binding_p_4274.html

Seems like a good guitar, and from what I've heard on youtube and some other forum, their solid top guitars sound pretty good, so I guess I'll be the first to try out their all-solid guitars.

Thanks everyone

Wow, $369 is an unheard of price for an all solid acoustic and the mahogany b/s is only $329. Never heard of them until now but they look beautiful in the pics. Let us know how you like it.
Tony Done
60 IQ
This thread is four years old.

However, just a comment on cheap solid b&s. I would see it as a minus rather than a plus. I can envisage all kinds of problems with timber quality and stability in the lowest price ranges. I would rather play safe with laminate especially in a steel string.
Bellcose
10 IQ
I bought an Artist Black Demon (Tasmanian Blackboard) a few years ago. I don't think its made any longer. All solid. Got it from a pawn shop. A decent guitar in my view. Sold it when I was thinning out the herd. If it were the only guitar I had, I would have been quite contented with it. Merely because stuff is not expensive doesn't mean it's rubbish. May have been that way years ago but construction standards have improved remarkably I think.

Had a Katoh classical, made in China and sold here as Australian designed, but really a good, sturdy, enjoyable guitar for not all that much money. It's now gone as I bought an Alhambra 7C.

Anyway just my view.
Gear that I currently have:

Maton Custom Shop; Seagull S6 Qriginal QI; Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele BB; Gretch G5135; Alhambra 7C, Martin GPCPA4, Gibson J-45TV

Yamaha THR 10C
Tony Done
60 IQ
Tried a few Katohs, fantastic sound for that price range, and I've been recommending them. They seem to have focussed on function rather than form, not common in Asian guitars.