corrda00
Unregistered User
3,069 IQ
So I have been looking around for a bass to replace my current 5 string fretless.
I was thinking of going of Warwick and I was wondering if people thought thier Rockbass lineup is any good?
I played a fretted 4 corvette rockbass in the store and it sounded pretty good. Any one have opinions on this?
joey-only
449 IQ
I play a 5 string Rockbass Corvette, they are great basses, not as good as a Warwick obviously but they hold their own against a lot of basses in that price range.
Guitarist-Visceral Violation
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier
BC Rich Jr V NT
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah
1,033 IQ
I played a 2nd hand passive Rockbass 5 string not too long ago...I liked it, but it certainly didn't blow me away.
It was very well built, and very nice to look at, but the tone had nothing on the real Warwick growl and punch, and I do like my active pre-amps which this model didn't have.
I'd say yeah, go out, try one, and see what you think, and then try any other 5 strings within your budget, look used as well as brand new, there's always great deals out there!!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Rockbasses are great but only worth getting if you like the shape, they don't sound or feel like Warwicks.

If you want something special on a budget then look at Ibanez.
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Quote by Spaz91
Rockbasses are great but only worth getting if you like the shape, they don't sound or feel like Warwicks.

If you want something special on a budget then look at Ibanez.

+1

Rockbasses are a great basses if want the Warwick body shape but if you're looking for the Warwick tone they're not for you.

As like Spaz said get an Ibanez have better basses at that price point new and used.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!