|-4---4--4-4-4---------------|-0~------------9--999--------------4~-4---4-|
|----------------------------|--------------------------------------------|

|---0--------0-----------0-------------------4-------4------|
|-7-7-7------0-------------4-------5------4----4h5-7---7p0--|
|-8-8-8--4-4-4-4-------2-----2-----4------4-----------------|
|-6---6--2-2---2-4---4---------4h6-6--6-6-6-----------------|
|-4---4--0-0---0-4-4-----------4---4--4-4-4-----------------|
|----------------4------------------------------------------|

Ok, which one's the Jazz and which one's the Djent?
Stupid ass musical superiority arguments.

Only Ian can answer. Or anybody that seriously doesn't know.

2 easy
you're a stone fox
Quote by Jako215

Recognized that second one and I don't even really play guitar anymore. Yikes.
Quote by Saint78
What? You made no sense there. Jazz elitists exist on internet forums. They don't walk around in suits and cool hats while smoking reefer and spouting off their opinions about jazz.
Well they certainly don't look like that, no. But they absolutely do exist in person, except they often look like Napoleon Dynamite crossed with Weird Al and wear Plaid T-Shirts.

Seriously, every time I go to a music store there's some asshole saying I need to "grow out of hard rock/metal" and listen to "sophisticated" music. It's like, fuck off. They all seem to assume I'm just another one of those kids I described earlier, who only listens to heavy music to set some sort of image.

I was listening to Led Zeppelin when I was 2.5. I've always been into this music. Kiss my ass buddy. Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't be listening to.

THOSE guys, are who I can't stand. Don't even try to say Jazz elitists don't exist in real life.
Quote by Jako215

I don't read tabs, so I honestly have no clue. I play strictly by ear as I feel it's more "proper."

That's another thing I love doing: pissing off all my idiot guitar friends who can only read tabs and struggle when I try to show them a riff because they can't pick out the simplest of shit by ear.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

And I'd laugh even harder when they'd be totally clueless and oblivious when I'd mention a blues guitarist like SRV, or if I would I'd try to mention some older Classic/Founding bands, like Zeppelin or Cream.

For real, it's amazing how many of those kids have no fucking clue who Clapton, Page, or Hendrix is. Metal wouldn't even be an OBJECT if it weren't for these guys. But hey, "DAT AWESOME NEW TRACK BY KSE! YOU GOTTA HEAR IT!" That's all that went through their minds.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Kiss my ass buddy. Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't be listening to.

yeahhhhh
Quote by Ian_the_fox
I don't read tabs, so I honestly have no clue. I play strictly by ear as I feel it's more "proper."

That's another thing I love doing: pissing off all my idiot guitar friends who can only read tabs and struggle when I try to show them a riff because they can't pick out the simplest of shit by ear.

oh god how pretentious are you
Quote by Avedas
yeahhhhh
Oh crap I forgot to fix that in the edit.

I thought to quick, what I was actually intending to make out was "Don't tell me what to focus my listening on." I actually do listen to plenty of jazz music (as well as having seen George Benson live) but it's not my focus genre. At all.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Well they certainly don't look like that, no. But they absolutely do exist in person, except they often look like Napoleon Dynamite crossed with Weird Al and wear Plaid T-Shirts.

Seriously, every time I go to a music store there's some asshole saying I need to "grow out of hard rock/metal" and listen to "sophisticated" music. It's like, fuck off. They all seem to assume I'm just another one of those kids I described earlier, who only listens to heavy music to set some sort of image.

I was listening to Led Zeppelin when I was 2.5. I've always been into this music. Kiss my ass buddy. Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't be listening to.

THOSE guys, are who I can't stand. Don't even try to say Jazz elitists don't exist in real life.

They don't.
you're a stone fox
I'll ask this one more time:

Ian, are you trolling?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Ian, are you trolling?

I already called it, much like I called a bunch of other things in this thread. It has to be true.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Ian, are you trolling?
No. I'm seriously not, but I think it would be better to let everyone assume I was, though...

Quote by Saint78
They don't.
So that makes those guys...?

If they're not Jazz elitists what are they then?
Quote by Saint78
Human people telling you to grow the **** up.
So Internet-forum-people aren't human people as well?

Well then shit, who am I even talking to?
Dude, come on. Let off some steam in FiM if you must.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
lol again, I'm confused as to why you distance yourself from axelfox. You both have the exact same amount of tact in dealing with arguments.

You suck at them and can't see your personal hypocrisy.
it all is yelling of nonsense,drop tuned, blast beated midi drums and open chugs 90% of the time anyway... no heart or emotion imo. /hater gonna hate.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by blake1221
lol again, I'm confused as to why you distance yourself from axelfox. You both have the exact same amount of tact in dealing with arguments.

At least Axel had autism or something :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by blake1221

Well, the difference being that Axel's a loon who rapes his plushies, and I'm just a dick.

It would probably help the argument if I knew music theory and all the terminology but I'm too lazy of a cocksucker to learn that shit.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Well, the difference being that Axel's a loon who rapes his plushies, and I'm just a dick.

It would probably help the argument if I knew music theory and all the terminology but I'm too lazy of a cocksucker to learn that shit.

Learn modes.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
An idiot guy I showed Gojira to referred to it as "Djent,"

okay but djent is an onomatopoeia, and some gojira songs have the dissonant "djent" sound in them

well, technically "djun", but that sound is also in djent songs, so they have some similarities

edit:

Quote by Ian_the_fox

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't be listening to.

Oh my god

I don't find all metalcore to be that good, but my oldest friend may be starting a new metalcore band with some friends. I'll definitely support him in it because it's what he enjoys.

You're probably one of those people who just won't let anyone enjoy anything. You think you know so much about music that you believe your own opinion is objective.

I like what people call djent. I like some metalcore. I think that while Led Zeppelin was a good band, they bore me now and I'll only listen to them when I'm with friends. I don't think they're musically bad by any means, I just don't enjoy hearing them that much and I don't deify old music to appear to be cool when I know I'm not.

Come on. Tell me your opinion is more legitimate than mine. I dare you.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by Primus2112
okay but djent is an onomatopoeia, and some gojira songs have the dissonant "djent" sound in them

well, technically "djun", but that sound is also in djent songs, so they have some similarities
Well, indeed it is onomatopoeia, but still it's been used to described a distinct genre so often that it's become a classification.

"Heavy Metal" was the same way. From a Jimi Hendrix performance, someone stated it sounded of "Heavy metal falling from the sky." Since then the term stuck and became it's own classification. Same with Djent.

Quote by Primus2112
Seriously. I learned how to operate a CD player, got ahold of my dad's CD collection, and listened to them all. The Led Zeppelin CD was one of my favorites. As well as a Joe Satriani CD, for some reason.

Up until I was about 6 or 7 I had thought Robert Plant was a woman based on his vocals.
Music with screaming is retarded, as are those who listen to it, so who the hell cares what it is called.
I think I'm one of "those people". If it's got unintelligible screaming instead of lyrics, and 8 strings with 18v EMGs all tuned to drop H then it's ****ing noise to me. And if you paint your fingernails black... ur a fag.
Last edited by X-plorer88 at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Seriously. I learned how to operate a CD player, got ahold of my dad's CD collection, and listened to them all.

Suuuuure......
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
In my opinion, if one don't know jack shit about what they are listening to or has no respect for the far, far superior genres of classic rock and blues, the genres that established it all, I'm just going to assume you're an immature little cunt who's only listening to heavy and aggressive music to set an image.

And you know them when you see them: always wearing all black, baggy black pants with chains, have greasy, un-maintained, unmanaged long hair they wear in their faces, eyeliner, and they all play B.C. Rich Warlocks and Line 6 Spiders and post gay ass Facebook statuses such as "Music is my life" and "Play till fingers bleed" when they can only play All That Remains and A7X songs at 1/4 tempo that they learned strictly from UG tabs.

Quote by Ian_the_fox

Ok mate, that seems reasonable.
Maybe cause it all sounds the same to us. (It is all the same)

I remember a few years ago, not agreeing with TS would get you flamed so hard.

Are the kids still using that word? Flamed?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Dec 6, 2012,
Don't you hate people who refer to poo as poo? Poo is the new poo. I showed this idiot guy some poo and he said "I don't like poo" even though it was clearly poo.

/how OP reads to me.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
I used to love the djent genre, but it's proliferated into countless bands that sound unimaginably alike. Only band I've ever heard that took it in another direction is Vildhjarta, and they make my brain hurt.

Actually, it's much alike to the way the internet handles funny image macros.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to love the djent genre, but it's proliferated into countless bands that sound unimaginably alike. Only band I've ever heard that took it in another direction is Vildhjarta, and they make my brain hurt.

Actually, it's much alike to the way the internet handles funny image macros.

Without wanting to sound terribl hipster - I was a huge fan of DEP from Calculating Infinity and I've been a fan of SikTh since the How May I Help You EP.

Nobody seemed to give 2 shits about this kind of music back then, seems all the rage now though - although I must admit I don't see loads of similarities.

I'll check out Vildhjarta - any rec's on where to start?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.