Page 1 of 5
Ok guys, I don't get this.

Maybe you've noticed that the British are very proud of their humour, sure why not, it's great. I'd even say that sometimes they look down on humour from other countries, but that's not a shortstorm I wanna kick off, but keep that in mind.

All right, so I grew up on Seinfeld when I was in Canada and goddamn, that shit shaped my life. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. From being a master of your own domain, to faking orgasms, to the soup nazi, airline food, Cosmo Kramer, etc.

If you don't appreciate its humour, you got to at least admit that it has created a legacy.

Right, so now I'm in the UK, and ain't nobody know what a Seinfeld is.

I've seen the show air in Portugal and Germany. Germany, for Christ's sake.

You know what's the worst though? Everybody, and I do mean everybody, watches Friends. I'd even say a good few people praise it.

Come on now, Friends is good enough for the UK, but my home boy Jerry ain't? That is some serious crime right there.

So anyway, what the shit is up with that, Pit?
I'm a product of Seinfeld. Watched it feverishly back in my teenhood, have like 5 seasons on dvd.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
lack of taste. gotta expand yr horizons and take the best of everyones culture. like taking a lil nibble of all of the different finest cheeses until youve had em all
Seinfeld was only ever on like 10am on channel 4 or late night on some dead-end cable channel when I was growing up.

I have never liked it for all kinds of reasons. I don't care enough about the show to recall them all now. I think the main one is that none of the characters are likeable to me.

Friends was popular because of all the drama and the main characters were generally attractive.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by raoooos
Is that article insinuating that Two and a Half Men is funny? Clearly they only polled invalids.

That was established in the first sentence.
Quote by raoooos
Is that article insinuating that Two and a Half Men is funny? Clearly they only polled invalids.

Stupid author of the article =/= invalid study. Study was not done by Gawker.

Less funny and less intelligent.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Stupid author of the article =/= invalid study. Study was not done by Gawker.

Less funny and less intelligent.

I'm tired
Quote by raoooos
I'm tired

I have had seven hours of sleep in the last three days.

Go get some rest, because I won't hear someone else complain about sleep deprivation.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
****ing England haha take that

I would kill myself if I never watched Seinfeld. Kill yourselves England. Put yourself out of your misery.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
hey people in uk, click the link in my sig
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I don't think you're rly supposed to like them, I mean, they're all kinda terrible ppl. you are supposed to laugh at their misadventures.

So much this. That's why they ended it the way they did.
We put it in the vault. It's all about dat worlds theory. Both nations would suddenly explode if Seinfeld collided into the British spectrum.
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Dec 5, 2012,
Quote by neidnarb11890
I don't think you're rly supposed to like them, I mean, they're all kinda terrible ppl. you are supposed to laugh at their misadventures.

bingo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Alternatively, you can love them because they are selfish assholes who say what we are thinking (both literally and figuratively).
I have never heard anything funny come out of England.
Ricky Gervais- not funny
UK version of Impractical Jokers is the most pathetic and repulsive shit on TV.
UK version of The Office is garbage.
They aren't funny people.
Butthurt brits, wank your arse in me face, or whatever. I don't give a shit, you know I'm right.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by jonathan666666
I have never heard anything funny come out of England.
Ricky Gervais- not funny
UK version of Impractical Jokers is the most pathetic and repulsive shit on TV.
They aren't funny people.
Butthurt brits, wank your arse in me face, or whatever. I don't give a shit, you know I'm right.

what about bill bailey, monty python, or in the loop? you have to find at least one of those things to be funny
I remember as a kid spending a good chunk of my Summer holidays watching a Seinfeld marathon, making it my mission to watch every episode. Still funny to this day!
If it wasn't for Seinfeld and it's legacy we wouldn't have shows like It's Always Sunny or, of course, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

George 'Art Vandelay' Costanza bitches!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by ironman1478
what about bill bailey, monty python, or in the loop? you have to find at least one of those things to be funny

I don't like Bailey, I don't like in the loop. Monty Python is amusing. It has some good moments.
The worst thing with a lot of British comedy is whenever something funny is happening, it usually involves some pink guy screaming "Oi focking c***". I can't stand that. Fart jokes are funnier than that.

Nobody can compete with this. this is beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GzAmLozd6Y
FORZA CATANIA
Last edited by jonathan666666 at Dec 5, 2012,
I feel bad for the UK then. A life without Seinfeld.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Philip_pepper
So much this. That's why they ended it the way they did.

What I love about the final episode, is that Jerry tells George about how the button on his shirt is done up too high (or something like that) and he's like "didn't we have this conversation before?" which they did, in like the first episode. So it basically means, that even though all that shit had just gone on, and people have basically said "you guys are terrible people" it's like it just didn't even faze them. They kept the same attitude and would keep doing the same shit

A lot of the episodes are actually based off real stories if you can believe it. A soup nazi in new york actually did exist
Quote by TunerAddict
I've yet to see a funny monty python sketch.

I don't like to defend the British as much as the next guy, buuuuut Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies ever and you know it!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I think the best thing the British do are the game show style tv... 8 out of 10 cats, Would I lie to you, QI etc.. These are so funny and generally revolve around the same comedians like Jimmy Carr, Shaun Locke, David Mitchell.

But if we can all agree on 1 thing... It's that Australian Comedy Sucks... With the exemption of Tim Minchin.
It's not our fault.

It's the telly stations fault for not showing it (at least not in my 20 year old memory).

I've seen some Seinfeld, it's good. Would like to have seen more on telly.
Quote by jonathan666666

u wot m8
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Dec 5, 2012,
Yes, America has good comedy. But it doesn't mean American humour is amazing. Blackadder, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, most game shows (QI, 8 out of 10 Cats, etc) and stuff are all amazing.

Now what Americans should admit is that the British have a higher ratio of funny programs out of the comedy programs that we do make. I mean America just seems to go "Oh we should make a show JUST TO MAKE THAT JOKE!" (i.e. Big Bang Theory).
If you don't like Seinfeld, it's because you're too stupid to get it, or because you're simply a shitty person. Bold statement, but I'm gonna back it, hard.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
If you don't like Seinfeld, it's because you're too stupid to get it, or because you're simply a shitty person. Bold statement, but I'm gonna back it, hard.

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The only thing I know about Seinfield is dat tasty bass lick. Otherwise, nothing. And Kramer's racist, and "It's hot as a sauna in here" when they're in a sauna. Damn, that's it.
Quote by risingforce1
If you want to be good you gotta git gud
Quote by necrosis1193

Hmm I wouldn't say that...America has some humour that just sux ass...lots of it actually and Britain has some that kicks it...I'd say they maybe more or less on the same level. I'm from South Africa and I've obviously heard of Seinfeld but have never watched it (never showed it here) but yeah Friends has been shown alot. I can understand if you've grown up with it, you'd understand the dynamic and miss it a lot but from a perspective of never really knowing the show and looking at its oldish matt (again this is from ordinary people who just have seen previews/clips of it and don't really know anything about), I'd say we ain't missing much, which is what the English attitude towards it is about (again its probablty awesome to someone whose grown up on it, but for the rest of us not so much).
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Now I want to move to the UK.

If you were any more of a faggot, you'd be an actual bundle of sticks.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Curb is better, if you get HBO. Larry modeled George after himself when he wrote it, george was really the best character. Larry did the baseball guys voice, Steinbrenner
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by Fat Lard
The only thing I know about Seinfield is dat tasty bass lick. Otherwise, nothing. And Kramer's racist, and "It's hot as a sauna in here" when they're in a sauna. Damn, that's it.

wow you totally butchered the joke.

Quote by Tempoe
Larry modeled George after himself when he wrote it, george was really the best character. Larry did the baseball guys voice, Steinbrenner

Anyone who has ever seen Seinfeld knows these things.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
I have never watched Seinfeld in my life.

I don't feel incomplete.

Page 1 of 5