Page 4 of 5
Also, generally, it seems British comedy rely more on improvisation, whereas the American one has a higher gag rate.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Black Books is one of my all-time favourites. So bloody good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Yrd5YK2H4

Besides you can never go wrong with Dylan Moran AND Bill Bailey in the same show.

Yeah, I loved it. But I felt like one more season wouldn't have been a bad thing, and I felt like I wanted to see more of the characters and more of their misadventures for just a little longer. I also watched it all in one go, so it probably felt even shorter lol.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by TooktheAtrain
peep show makes up for any shows you americans have.

That doesn't make sense.
A SIGNATURE.
I might have accidentally seen it once, and enjoyed it. It looks like something I'd enjoy.

I only watch TV over breakfast these days.
Quote by The_Casinator
God, the arrogance in this thread.
Yeah, that's the feel American Pit users feel all the time.
Quote by The Madcap
Yeah, that's the feel American Pit users feel all the time.

As an outside observer (kinda, I mean we're somewhere in between you two), it really makes me sad watching the unnecessary bickering when I know full well there is great stuff coming from both sides of the pond.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
One of the main things that annoy me about American sitcoms is the moral lesson at the end of every episode.
Yeah, that's what turned me off shows like Scrubs or HIMYM even though sometimes they could squeeze a laugh out of me.

But plenty of our shows have no hugs to give. Such as It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, etc.
Last edited by The Madcap at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by DonGlover
As an outside observer (kinda, I mean we're somewhere in between you two), it really makes me sad watching the unnecessary bickering when I know full well there is great stuff coming from both sides of the pond.
Sometimes it's alright to point out differences you might not care for, but some users are just awful about that stuff. Like Mistress_Ibanez. It's pretty annoying reading her posts about Americans.
Quote by The Madcap
Sometimes it's alright to point out differences you might not care for, but some users are just awful about that stuff. Like Mistress_Ibanez. It's pretty annoying reading her posts about Americans.

well obviously you wouldnt grasp what shes saying, youre from texas
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
American posts about Brits are the worst. We're all gay and our culture's gay and our cars are gay and everything seems to be gay. Pathetic cunts.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by The Madcap
Sometimes it's alright to point out differences you might not care for, but some users are just awful about that stuff. Like Mistress_Ibanez. It's pretty annoying reading her posts.

FTFY

I would say I prefer British humour, but I may be biased because I actually live here.
I like the US Office, and I think quite a few American dramas are better than British ones.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by The Madcap

For sure. I don't mind picking out flaws and having different tastes. But it's the elitism that irritates me, and it's exuded overwhelmingly from Britain.
Quote by Trowzaa
American posts about Brits are the worst. We're all gay and our culture's gay and our cars are gay and everything seems to be gay. Pathetic cunts.

But the users who would post aren't shitty users because of where they're from. They're just shitty people. And you get that from users not originating from the US as well. There's just more of them, so you'll notice more of them being American.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
By the way, this thread needs much more of this:

SPACED

Got both seasons on DVD.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Dec 6, 2012,
Spaced is the best.

I like that all the British people trip balls all the time whenever they get criticized. So sensitive. Pretty gay.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Spaced is the best.

I like that all the British people trip balls all the time whenever they get criticized. So sensitive. Pretty gay.

You can't spell British without gay

Amiright?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
You can't spell British without gay

Amiright?

British? More like Buttsex!
So edgy and cool.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by DonGlover

I think most of the nationalism on here is expressed in a tongue-in-cheek manner.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
I think most of the nationalism on here is expressed in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

But for the Americans, it's often a very clear tongue-in-cheek nationalism with "'MURICA!" comments and whatnot, whereas the Brits don't let on that there being tongue-in-cheek at all. It just comes off as pure elitism, and is much more convincingly anti-American and nationalistic (despite constantly complaining about their own countries when Americans aren't mentioned). But perhaps that's just a good social observation on the subtlety of the British style as opposed to the blatancy and bluntness of the Americans.
A SIGNATURE.
Sort of off topic, but I love Canadians and Australians. Not some much the Brits...
Brits take everything so seriously. So it makes sense why they don't have a good sense of humor.
Quote by bradulator
Spaced is the best.

all their butthurtedness makes sense now. their butts literally hurt. from the gayness.
#DTWD
seriously though, every time i see a commercial for a new BBC show it seems bland as ****ing hell.

British people aren't gay. you can't be gay when you're bland and boring.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
seriously though, every time i see a commercial for a new BBC show it seems bland as ****ing hell.

British people aren't gay. you can't be gay when you're bland and boring.

good point. they probably just masturbate to gay stuff. but they don't take any enjoyment in it. they just kind of do it.
#DTWD
If British comedy was any good, they wouldn't have to reach back 45 years to Fawlty Towers and Monty Python for examples of good shows.

Just saying.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
If British comedy was any good, they wouldn't have to reach back 45 years to Fawlty Towers and Monty Python for examples of good shows.

Just saying.

yeah boyeeeeeeeeeeee.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by ErikLensherr

Just saying.

I was thinking the same thing when everyone kept saying 'Fawlty Towers'. Keep up with the times Britain.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by ErikLensherr

Just saying.

Seinfeld and Friends both suck. Friends sucks about a thousand times more, though. Seinfeld is mildly amusing, Friends is aggravating.

EDIT: I'm so ****ing sick of these America vs UK threads. I hate the lot of you.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Dec 7, 2012,
You Americans are offending me and I've been on your side.

Quote by Trowzaa

Let's get a group of lads together, meet them somewhere and have a right ol' tear up.

Fackin' seppos. Let's av it!
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Dec 7, 2012,
Louie is better than Seinfeld, Friends, Black Books and anything I can think of right now: also I can't stand Seinfeld (well I can't stand anything with the retarded laugh tracks to be honest). Louie is what makes being flooded with decades of unfunny american tv-series forgivable.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Just saying.

That's like saying British music is bad only because you can ignore the classic bands of old.

When it came out is completely irrelevant for my enjoyment.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
guys.

stop mentioning Seinfeld and Friends in the same sentence.

one of those things is not like the other. (hint: Friends sucks eggs)
Quote by jakesmellspoo
guys.

stop mentioning Seinfeld and Friends in the same sentence.

one of those things is not like the other. (hint: Friends sucks eggs)

I have to agree with this. The two aren't even on the same plane of existence. Seinfeld is streets ahead.
A SIGNATURE.
I live in the UK and I've watched Seinfeld on UK TV, (always liked Kramer myself) admittedly it was quite a few years ago but Seinfeld is currently being aired in the UK on the Sky Atlantic channel.