Junglie
134 IQ
So what are you guys getting people for Christmas?

I'm really struggling to think of presents for everyone and hoping this gives me some inspiration

So what are you getting your parents, brothers, sisters, boyfriends, girlfriends this year?
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
Got my dad some books, my sister some CDs and my mam I'm giving money because she wants a new coat but isn't sure exactly which one, or even what style, so she can find one herself with money from me and my sister.
raoooos
gaffer
291 IQ
Dunno, I'll go out on Christmas Eve and pick random shit
lol nah bish
Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I only receive presents since I'm not a christian.

Nor am I, but it's more of a social convention than anything else. I don't even like Christmas, I always tell people not to get me anything but then they do and I feel bad about not giving anything back
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,209 IQ
My good friend from back home called me yesterday and said, "hey, you're coming back down for Christmas, right? Well you have to, because there's a present waiting for you"

I've never bought a Christmas present before, and I've never received one, so idk wat do.

I need to get him something, but given that I only get to see him at Christmas time (he's been in the navy for a few years), I'm not sure what to get him.
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
374 IQ
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
I feel like alcohol has become an appropriate gift for my siblings. Too bad they won't be around for Christmas.
Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
My good friend from back home called me yesterday and said, "hey, you're coming back down for Christmas, right? Well you have to, because there's a present waiting for you"

I've never bought a Christmas present before, and I've never received one, so idk wat do.

I need to get him something, but given that I only get to see him at Christmas time (he's been in the navy for a few years), I'm not sure what to get him.

How much are you willing to spend? We navy guys like anything alcoholic
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
idk maybe up to like $50 or something.

I've been a jobless student for a few years or so

Last year he brought back absinthe from France, I'm well aware of your enthusiasm for alcohol

$50?! Dude, I don't even buy my friends presents, so screw spending that much.

Crate of beer.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Last edited by Junglie at Dec 6, 2012,
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,209 IQ
Quote by Junglie
$50?! Dude, I don't even buy my friends presents, so screw spending that much.

Crate of beer.
He and I go back. The most I've spent on someone else's birthday outside of family is like $20 (because I rarely buy presents for people anyway, and I always refuse to accept gifts from people outside of family).

But him and I are bros.

And I don't want to show up with something that isn't presentable. I've been doing Christmas Eve with him and his extended family for like the past three or four years, including the gifts exchange (where I would stand around and watch because I'm not family, but I'm okay with that).

So I wouldn't want him to give me a gift and me give something back that isn't comparable.

But idk what he got for me.
Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
He and I go back. The most I've spent on someone else's birthday outside of family is like $20 (because I rarely buy presents for people anyway, and I always refuse to accept gifts from people outside of family).

But him and I are bros.

And I don't want to show up with something that isn't presentable. I've been doing Christmas Eve with him and his extended family for like the past three or four years, including the gifts exchange (where I would stand around and watch because I'm not family, but I'm okay with that).

So I wouldn't want him to give me a gift and me give something back that isn't comparable.

What's he into? Is he away at sea/deployed a lot?
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495

But him and I are bros.

Unlabeled liquor.
Harvey Swick
Naive American
1,260 IQ
my best friend traded me a flannel for a thermal so i will take that as a X-mas present considering the facts...
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
Computers, gaming, robotics, sciencey things, anime that has to deal with robots and sciencey things.

His deployment just ended in October, he's home for good now.

Amazon gift voucher.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,209 IQ
Quote by Junglie
Amazon gift voucher.
He's got enough money from the navy, I don't think getting him more is gonna say much

I wanna get him something relevant to his interests, since I know that's what he's gonna do for me. But knowing him, it'll be eccentric in one way or another.

I may get something off of thinkgeek or something.
Thrill-house
150 IQ
A new laptop for my parents. Some video games for my younger brother and sisters. Steam gift card for my older brother, a couple TV shows (on dvd) for my older sister. Wii-U for my girlfriend.
supersac
Tab Contributor
630 IQ
rock tumbling some whiskey stones for my drinking freind now
skarf for neice
making amusic box for the lady
perfume for the mother
nice bottle of liquor for me pops
anice lighter for my smoking freind
restored anice vintage camera for my pitcher takin freind

i doubt im getting anything though family is going through rough times so i usually just thank my parents that they still let me live here and most of my freinds are broke as hell
but its aight i like giving more than receving gifts

although the lady might give me a lil something something
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
1,474 IQ
I'm going to buy whatever I get an impulse to buy then give it to whoever is nice to me.

Quote by jetfuel495
thinkgeek

really? Why not just buy him some blurays?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover
192 IQ
I got my mom some computer speakers, my brother got into Minecraft this year, so he wrote down on his list Minecraft shirts, so I got him 2 of them (They were also the cheapest things on his list >_> ), I got my dad a Ray Lewis Fathead, my step mom is getting a few packs of Berger cookies (Only made locally, but she lives non-locally so can't get them too easily) Grandma is getting an original painting I bought online, and my sister wanted Mario Party DS, but that's a shitty present to get, so I also got her bacon soap.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
1,429 IQ
Went splits with my family to get the old dude a coffee machine (even though I had to pay and they haven't paid me back), got my sister a dinosaur skeleton type thing you piece together out of small-ish wooden slats because she'd just a 20 year old kid, and got mammy a box of soaps and weird smelling stuff.
bluecondition
137 IQ
my brother got me a David Bowie colouring book last year and I could tell he wanted it for himself(we are both big fans of Bowie and colouring in). So im getting him that
Thrill-house
150 IQ
Quote by muffinduck01
I got my mom some computer speakers, my brother got into Minecraft this year, so he wrote down on his list Minecraft shirts, so I got him 2 of them (They were also the cheapest things on his list >_> ), I got my dad a Ray Lewis Fathead, my step mom is getting a few packs of Berger cookies (Only made locally, but she lives non-locally so can't get them too easily) Grandma is getting an original painting I bought online, and my sister wanted Mario Party DS, but that's a shitty present to get, so I also got her bacon soap.

I really miss not being able to buy those, I'm gonna have to make the 4 hour drive to Baltimore just to get some.
K'Nuckles
The president of ass
1,885 IQ
Quote by Thrill-house
A new laptop for my parents. Some video games for my younger brother and sisters. Steam gift card for my older brother, a couple TV shows (on dvd) for my older sister. Wii-U for my girlfriend.

Holy shit man, you're seriously splashing out.
Thrill-house
150 IQ
Quote by K'Nuckles
Holy shit man, you're seriously splashing out.

A lot of that stuff was on sale so it's not as expensive as it would normally be. Plus I had a decent year money wise so I figured why not.