Apparently I have all of Metallica's albums on Spotify, which I find sort of funny since I thought Lars didn't really like the Internet at all. Does this have anything to do with Metallica's new label perhaps?
"Since the comprehension of sweet sound is our most indefinite conception, music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry. Music without the idea is simply music."
- Edgar Allan Poe
Well Spotify isn't illegal downloading or anything.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Nah, it just means they're getting money for all of this. Lars doesn't hate the internet, he hates not being rich.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by blake1221
I think you should listen to Lord Snow, TS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhNech6sbYw

Who the **** shat on that recording?
"Since the comprehension of sweet sound is our most indefinite conception, music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry. Music without the idea is simply music."
- Edgar Allan Poe
Quote by Trowzaa
Nah, it just means they're getting money for all of this. Lars doesn't hate the internet, he hates not being rich.

The amount of money that artists make from Spotify is more or less nothing
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by lushacrous
Well Spotify isn't illegal downloading or anything.

No, that's true, but I just found this sort of interesting since people aren't buying their music. They get some money yes, but no where near what they could get from records or merch.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Quote by whywefight
God.

I am now a Christian. God hates horrible music.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Quote by RiffsanBridges
I am now a Christian. God hates horrible music.

You misunderstand God's will.
Quote by whywefight
You misunderstand God's will.

I'm already acting like a true Christian!
- Edgar Allan Poe
Quote by lushacrous

But it's still something. Lars probably puts the money from Spotify up his bum and gets off over it. Dirty bastard.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
But it's still something. Lars probably puts the money from Spotify up his bum and gets off over it. Dirty bastard.

I bet Metallica is one of the 100 most profitable bands on Spotify, and they probably make less than $40 a day collectively from Spotify, likely much much much less.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by RiffsanBridges
Who the **** shat on that recording?

Not ready.
Not willing.

You fail me.
Quote by soundgarden1986
I think Spotify syncs with your library. That's how all of The Mars Volta's and Chris Cornell's solo stuff got on there without any premium member restriction nonsense.

This is, of course, assuming Metallica's discography is in your library to begin with.

I checked, even the Metallica cds I didn't have were on spotify. And I got TMV without having to be a premium member
Quote by soundgarden1986
I think Spotify syncs with your library. That's how all of The Mars Volta's and Chris Cornell's solo stuff got on there without any premium member restriction nonsense.

This is, of course, assuming Metallica's discography is in your library to begin with.

It's not. Not at all. I only have Master Of Puppets on CD, and it's not even on my PC's library. Plus I just saw Metallica's announcement on Facebook.

From Facebook:

30 years of Metallica now streaming on Spotify!
Metallica
open.spotify.com
Metallica, an artist on Spotify.
- Edgar Allan Poe
They were never on it before. I thought it was from people sharing their playlist online.
Spotify links up all my music from the computer to my account without asking.
I somehow got the 30 day trial without even signing up!

Had it for 2 days then it got patched.

Took so much advantage that day hehe.
You can link your music file folder to Spotify and play stuff from there. Other people can find it in search (I think) but can't play it. It's only for your convenience.
Quote by lushacrous

But almost nothing is better than absolutely nothing.
Nice. I have been wanting to get into them for a while. Not my sort of music but I like all the songs I've heard.
Lars was pissed at people getting his music for free, but he was more pissed that people were distributing HIS music however THEY wanted. It's his product, it's his choice how it should be distributed, not his fans.

They likely chose to be on Spotify.
I can almost guarantee that Lord Snow is better than anything anyone in this thread listens to.
Quote by due 07
I can almost guarantee that Lord Snow is better than anything anyone in this thread listens to.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

+11111111
- Edgar Allan Poe
Quote by due 07

Post has been backed.

Yeah I'm listening to them now on Spotify and don't have my external harddrive connected (or actually have much of their stuff).

Usually I couldn't care less about Metallica, but I quite liked St Anger when I borrowed it from someone by my rip of it is all buggered up. Now I can have a listen.