Page 1 of 18
silhouettica
Plays Red Instruments.
1,566 IQ
Within the style of music that you most often listen to, what's an opinion you have that most people who listen to that style don't?

For example, I listen to a lot of progressive rock and progressive metal, yet despite everyone's new found obsession with them, I can't stand The Contortionist.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Anyone who doesn't eat, live, and breathe djent is a gay.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
GazzaCee
Tyrion is da bomb.
837 IQ
Metalcore is shit.

Wait, that's not unpopular.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
cam sh
UG's bad seed...
13 IQ
I like both old and new Green Day.
YESTERDAY, I WOKE UP SUCKING A LEMON...
jazz_rock_feel
UG Resident
2,342 IQ
I hate Schubert. Schubert is untouchable in the circles of Classical music. You can dislike virtually any composer you want, but Schubert is an absolute no-go for whatever reason.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by silhouettica
Within the style of music that you most often listen to, what's an opinion you have that most people who listen to that style don't?

For example, I listen to a lot of progressive rock and progressive metal, yet despite everyone's new found obsession with them, I can't stand The Contortionist.

the contortionist are a bit meh
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
cam sh
UG's bad seed...
13 IQ
I liked Coldplay's last album. In fact, I like Coldplay.
YESTERDAY, I WOKE UP SUCKING A LEMON...
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by silhouettica

Me either. I don't see the hype.
Quote by cam sh
I liked Coldplay's last album. In fact, I like Coldplay.

This. And U2.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
I like Metallica and Dream Theater

I'm going to be shot for saying that on this forum.

Also, A7X isn't quite as bad as everyone says it is.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 6, 2012,
Carl6661
UG Freak
2,096 IQ
I don't like Periphery, or I guess more specifically - I can't stand Misha Mansoor. The band's music dosen't really do a a whole lot to excite me, but there's just something about Misha specifically that I dislike more than the band as a whole.

I have no idea why, but mentioning that seems to upset people more than it really should.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 6, 2012,
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
The music that hipsters tend to listen to is quite boring.

Metal vocals are retarded.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
arabmetallion
569 IQ
*I don't think Ronnie James Dio's voice was anything spectacular [seriously it's only after he died that people started to worship the ground he walked on]
*I think Kirk Hammett is a great lead player [he's composed some of the coolest and most memorable rock & metal solos out there (e.g. one, ride the lightning, blackened, fade to black, the unforgiven, the shortest straw, wherever I may roam) ]
*I think the black album is one of metallica's best albums
*I find dream theatre's music repetitive and boring
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by Carl6661
I don't like Periphery, or I guess more specifically - I can't stand Misha Mansoor. The band's music dosen't really do a a whole lot to excite me, but there's just something about Misha specifically that I dislike more than the band as a whole.

I have no idea why, but mentioning that seems to upset people more than it really should.

Yeah, I never really got the hype on periphery either. They obviously are one of the better djent bands, but they're not exactly that genre's Converge.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The music that hipsters tend to listen to is quite boring.

Metal vocals are retarded.

So are sweeping generalizations.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by cam sh
I like both old and new Green Day.

This
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,558 IQ
The Beatles are 99% shite.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,558 IQ
Quote by arabmetallion
*I don't think Ronnie James Dio's voice was anything spectacular [seriously it's only after he died that people started to worship the ground he walked on]
*I think Kirk Hammett is a great lead player [he's composed some of the coolest and most memorable rock & metal solos out there (e.g. one, ride the lightning, blackened, fade to black, the unforgiven, the shortest straw, wherever I may roam) ]
*I think the black album is one of metallica's best albums
*I find dream theatre's music repetitive and boring

I'll agree with the middle two, first one.. bit unfair, he was a great vocalist, just didn't have any good songs.

Last one, I dont like Dream Theater, but not for those reasons. I dont like them because it takes forever for their songs to sound good. Everything else is 70's bluesy-prog rock riffs up until the bridge, where they just pile on everything in one go.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by Carl6661

periphery are lame too

so are protest the hero

deal with it
Quote by JamSessionFreak
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by Tsar66
metal in general is retarded

Your sig about your user title fits you well.
davonirvin
SerpentEatingTail
10 IQ
I understand why people don't like these bands but I like both Suicide Silence and Whitechapel. I await my death sentence
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by Burgery

so are protest the hero

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
Quote by Tsar66
metal in general is retarded

I disagree. There's some metal that's pretty good, but the vocals always end up ruining it for me.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Can we do this in the style of reddit?

DAE ELSE H8 BIEBER AND NICKELBACK?

But srsly, I think metal is cringe-fest except for a few bands. PTH are one of those bands. DO YOU LOVE ME YET PHILLYS?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

korinaflyingv
Pick Rich
1,772 IQ
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I hate Schubert. Schubert is untouchable in the circles of Classical music. You can dislike virtually any composer you want, but Schubert is an absolute no-go for whatever reason.

Probably because he died young, everyone who does that ends up untouchable. Why do you hate Schubert though? I can understand finding his music dull or whatever but hate is quite extreme
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
Can we do this in the style of reddit?

DAE ELSE H8 BIEBER AND NICKELBACK?

But srsly, I think metal is cringe-fest except for a few bands. PTH are one of those bands. DO YOU LOVE ME YET PHILLYS?

It only grew stronger :3
___

Quote by The_Blode
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by WCPhils

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

I don't like Mozart, for the most part. I know the feels.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
Oh great, another thread that's bound to turn into a shit storm.

Don't you people learn not to make music threads in the pit? It gets bad. Real bad.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
metal is superior to most of your silly musics
Quote by JamSessionFreak
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
Quote by Burgery
metal is superior to most of your silly musics

If you're specifically talking about shit in the style of the stuff that you've linked me to in MSN then I agree.
Quote by L2112Lif
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
BTBAM is a group of extremely talented musicians who make extremely annoying, grating music.

While their adherence to the Loudness War is terrible, Coldplay themselves are not. Hell, parachutes is a great album.

Eric Clapton still sounds pretty good on a stratocaster.

I don't get the Nick Cave appeal, other than that he looks like Vince from Pulp Fiction.

Pop is actually a lot like metal in the sense that it's not as bad as a lot of people think, but most people generalize because of the handful of really bad examples that get strawman'd to death.

Yngwie is very capable of being a soulless wanker with no artistic value and pure technique. He's also very capable of creating enjoyable-yet-technical music with emotion.

Bruce Springsteen is a badass and a great lyricist.

Cm is actually sadder than Dm half the time.
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193
While their adherence to the Loudness War is terrible, Coldplay themselves are not. Hell, parachutes is a great album.

Eric Clapton still sounds pretty good on a stratocaster.

I don't get the Nick Cave appeal, other than that he looks like Vince from Pulp Fiction.

Pop is actually a lot like metal in the sense that it's not as bad as a lot of people think, but most people generalize because of the handful of really bad examples that get strawman'd to death.

Yngwie is very capable of being a soulless wanker with no artistic value and pure technique. He's also very capable of creating enjoyable-yet-technical music with emotion.

Bruce Springsteen is a badass and a great lyricist.

Cm is actually sadder than Dm half the time.

Boom, all of this. Love BTBAM, however.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
I don't like The Beetles, and I'd much rather be in the company of a Bieber/Nickelback/Coldplay (hell, I like Coldplay) etcc fanboy/girl than pretty much any metal band's fans.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193

Agreed.

Also, i don't get Nick Cave.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Rockford_rocks
Z -> v -> ^+A
1,316 IQ
I like Dream Theater. I remember 5 years ago nobody on this forum could get off their jock. Funny how things change.

Quote by Todd Hart
I don't like The Beetles, and I'd much rather be in the company of a Bieber/Nickelback/Coldplay (hell, I like Coldplay) etcc fanboy/girl than pretty much any metal band's fans.

Agreed with both, except for the last part I'd change it to "I'd rather hang out with an extremist fan of Bieber/Nickelback/Coldplay than an extremist fan of a metal band". A casual fan of anything is always tolerable.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Dec 6, 2012,
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193

I can understand people not liking the sounds he makes, but he's a good singer when he's actually trying (stuff from The Good Son, Boatmans Call, and most of Let Love In). I also think he's one of the best songwriters around (when Johnny Cash covers one of your songs, you know you're doing something right).

Also, that opinion isn't exactly unpopular. There's only like 4 people on here that I know of that are into Nick Cave.

Edit:

This would probably be decent for the people that are only used to the harsher stuff that Zoot always went on about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQC8xAobdc
Quote by L2112Lif
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Dec 6, 2012,
chaoticfables
all she needed was some
2,012 IQ
I like Coldplay's Parachutes. I half-enjoyed Mylo Xyloto.
my e-wife
mdwallin

soundcloud
a stupid scrapbook for my music