Page 3 of 18
Well, I'm a huge fan of drone and ambient stuff, which a lot of people label as "not real music" (of course brian eno doesn't compare to your intro, verse, verse, chorus, verse, solo, chorus, outro), which I think is just stupid to say. It's just sound, all of it.

I also like progressive rock/metal, but I get bored of it quick. I realize the skill it takes to make stuff like that, but that doesn't mean I understand them as well as people who know their shit do.

This is probably my favorite piece of music, ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQLA77X6Qw
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by soundgarden1986
Ten is the worst Pearl Jam album

Have you not heard the last album they put out?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Bon Jovi's 90's material is the best thing ever.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Queens of the Stone Age bore me to death, I get confused everytime I visit UG to see everyone love them.

I like listening to Limp Bizkit, I ignore Fred and what is personality is.

I like Creed and their christian themes yet I am athiest.

I don't see why The Beatles are so great.

I don't like Converge at all.

I don't have time for Steel Panther.

Halestorm do nothing for me.
Quote by J-Dawg158
I like Load

+1

Load and ReLoad are actually very good albums if you accept them for what they are.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Well, I'm a huge fan of drone and ambient stuff, which a lot of people label as "not real music" (of course brian eno doesn't compare to your intro, verse, verse, chorus, verse, solo, chorus, outro), which I think is just stupid to say. It's just sound, all of it.

This is probably my favorite piece of music, ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQLA77X6Qw
Quality post. It's like Ulver's electronic stuff (haven't listened to them in a long while), but a hundred times better.
It takes a little more "something" for me to get into songs with the basic verse-chorus structure. Once I hear the verse and the chorus I get bored because I know what is coming up next.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.
I hate Oasis post Morning Glory. (Blur FTW.)
AC/DC are incredibly stale and repetitive.
YESTERDAY, I WOKE UP SUCKING A LEMON...
Bob Dylan was better after he went electric.

Jazz was the best Queen album.

Fly By Night and Grace Under Pressure are the best Rush albums.

A well mixed live album kills any studio recording.

Weird Al is a smarter songwriter than most of the "great" songwriters of the last few decades.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Hitler had the right idea; the execution was just wrong.

Oh unpopular musical opinion? I've got nothing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The only metal i deem acceptable is Judas priest and black sabbath.
Quote by Burgery
>finds extreme metal hard to take seriously
>likes guns 'n roses

THAT'S your argument? Ha whatever man.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
All extreme versions of metal are ridiculous and I can't take them seriously.

You deny it now but you will probably grow out of listening to that kind of music.

Steve vai is boring.

As are the Beatles.

Gangnam Style is the biggest pile of crap since Friday.

There is not a single RG out there that looks remotely attractive.

Out of curiosity, what extreme metal bands have you tried listening to? Many of the really popular extreme bands do come off as corny, but some of the lesser known bands do actually write serious stuff.

Not trying to berate you, just curious.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Tsar66
well yeah, there's some metal that's good, but most of it is still horrible

That's pretty much every genre though.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
THAT'S your argument? Ha whatever man.

guns 'n roses are pretty damn ridiculous bro
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Within my most listened to genre?
Most metal is absolute generic, boring, over processed aural garbage. (Apart from the bands I listen to, obviously)

Music in general?
Most music is absolute generic, boring, over processed aural garbage. (Apart from the music I listen to, obviously)

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
1. People who hate on the Beatles are either ignorant, or just trying to be controversial. The only thing that they can really be criticized for is that they aren't very technically skilled at their respective instruments. But I've never liked that reason to criticize a musician.

2. The Beatles are on a whole 'nother level musically to the Rolling Stones. They took on much more versatile styles and had far more diverse songwriting. The only reason to prefer the Rolling Stones is because they have more of a badass rock 'n roll image, and The Beatles are a little more sensitive.
Quote by thes50
True, unlike the majority of their fans I'm not a drooling retard, I know they're far from the best band in the world. I still feel ashamed about my join date. :P

Either way that's what encouraged me to buy my first guitar, since then I've started liking a lot more genres and being generally more open to new music. xD

Same here

I like them. They aren't the best band ever but they're fun to listen to and they got me into playing the guitar. They also got me into heavier music which helped me find so many of my favorite bands today bands.

Quote by The Madcap
1. People who hate on the Beatles are either ignorant, or just trying to be controversial. The only thing that they can really be criticized for is that they aren't very technically skilled at their respective instruments. But I've never liked that reason to criticize a musician.

2. The Beatles are on a whole 'nother level musically to the Rolling Stones. They took on much more versatile styles and had far more diverse songwriting. The only reason to prefer the Rolling Stones is because they have more of a badass rock 'n roll image, and The Beatles are a little more sensitive.

I completely agree, although I actually like the Rolling Stones more.

I like the Beatles but I just find the Rolling Stones more fun to listen to.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap

lol

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Quote by muffinduck01
Out of curiosity, what extreme metal bands have you tried listening to? Many of the really popular extreme bands do come off as corny, but some of the lesser known bands do actually write serious stuff.

Not trying to berate you, just curious.

Periphery, children of bodom, lamb of God, dream theatre, opeth, coheed and Cumbria, mushugga... I've looked them up from hearing about them on here. I'm not one of those people who will hate on a band without listening to them.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Periphery, children of bodom, lamb of God, dream theatre, opeth, coheed and Cumbria, mushugga... I've looked them up from hearing about them on here. I'm not one of those people who will hate on a band without listening to them.

cob and log i can understand but how are meshuggah, opeth, dream theatre, etc, bands that you grow out of?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

i like how you misspelled the names of half the bands
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

>Extreme metal
>those bands

(note, I don't like much metal)

Also, Coheed and Cambria are not metal, are they?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by Burgery
guns 'n roses are pretty damn ridiculous bro

Well you don't like my sort of music and I don't like yours. Let's not be childish about it (not implying you are)
I'd say Coheed are prog/alt rock.

AC/DC are incredibly boring and use the same chords in every song.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

AC/DC are unlistenable garbage that makes my ears unhappy.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I disagree. There's some metal that's pretty good, but the vocals always end up ruining it for me.
Even when the vocals are the same style as other music?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Trowzaa
+1 I also find the production of their songs really sterile and lackluster.
Quote by Trowzaa

Almost every song is mind-numbingly boring

I've heard one or two played at weddings that were fun to dance to but that's about it with that band.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Well, looks like that's not an unpopular opinion then
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I disagree. There's some metal that's pretty good, but the vocals always end up ruining it for me.

Just listen to more doom metal.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
AC/DC is one of the few bands I actively avoid listening to.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
AC/DC are unlistenable garbage that makes my ears unhappy.

The worst technical deathcore band ever.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Kid Cudi is very very overrated.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
A lot of people seem to be missing the point of the thread. The TS asked for opinions that are unpopular within the scenes of the genre you listen to the most. For example, I like a lot of US power metal, and Liege Lord's 'Master Control' and Vicious Rumour's 'Digital Dictator' seem to be considered classics of the genre by a few fans (or at least the posters in the Heavy/Power/Speed thread on metal archives) but I don't like either of those albums particularly, Liege Lord's prior two efforts are much better. Same with VR.

Quote by Emperor's Child
Even when the vocals are the same style as other music?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that piercing falsetto wail.

Quote by whywefight
Most overrated band ever

Eh, maybe I'm biased because 'Live at Donington' was probably the first proper album I ever had, but I think they're pretty decent at what they do. I get why a lot of people don't like them though, especially on UG where of late everyone seems to be bending the stick a bit too far in the other direction when it comes to 'classic rock'. It's not even something that I feel particularly compelled to listen to on a regular basis anymore.