Page 4 of 18
Quote by whywefight
I'm glad to see no-one is defending AC/DC.

Most overrated band ever

They're fun to listen to on the highway but if I had to choose between an AC/DC album and a(n) *insert obscure extreme metal band here* album I would pick the latter.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Dec 6, 2012,
Oh, Slayer and just about 95% of the rest of thrash metal are boring.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I can't stand Gun's and Roses. How anyone can handle Axl's vocals is beyond me. That, and I don't understand why everyone kisses Slash's ass. He's nothing exceptional. There's so many other players; famous and bedroom warriors alike that can outplay him. In shredability, harmonic structuring, and overall playability. He's not terrible though by any means, I just don't see why people worship him like he's the best guitarist ever.

Oh and I actually like Trivium's The Crusade more than I do Ascendancy and I love all their albums.
Quote by palm mute

That's just you. And a few saps here.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by soundgarden1986
Ten is the worst Pearl Jam album

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Have you not heard the last album they put out?

It's their most boring one, and the one I'm least likely to put on. Vocals, solos and general passion peaked with that album though. Backspacer is probably worse yeah, but Ten is far from PJ's best. Oh, and Oceans, Deep and Release are its best songs (okay, Black too).
Quote by The Madcap
1. People who hate on the Beatles are either ignorant, or just trying to be controversial. The only thing that they can really be criticized for is that they aren't very technically skilled at their respective instruments. But I've never liked that reason to criticize a musician.

2. The Beatles are on a whole 'nother level musically to the Rolling Stones. They took on much more versatile styles and had far more diverse songwriting. The only reason to prefer the Rolling Stones is because they have more of a badass rock 'n roll image, and The Beatles are a little more sensitive.

Well, a lot of (mostly early) Beatles songs are just silly and annoying. I love a lot of their stuff, but there's a lot to hate too. They also weren't that great at putting out consistently great albums (fucking White Album is even worse in that respect than Pink Floyd's The Wall).

In a sense, they've been both really great, and really hateable.
Quote by palm mute

Sturgeon's law.
To everyone talking about AC/DC: AC/DC was fun, simple rock up until Bon Scott died. Just stupid, easy music that's fun to listen to. It went to hell when they hired the Cookie Monster to replace him though.

John and George were the best Beatles, not John and Paul. All three are groovy though.

I don't get Radiohead.

A lot of people who bitch about how culturally dry and lifeless modern music is have no idea what they're talking about and need to know where to look.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Nietsche
Sturgeon's law.

Sturgeon was a sap.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by necrosis1193

I don't get Radiohead.

A lot of people who bitch about how culturally dry and lifeless modern music is have no idea what they're talking about and need to know where to look.

These

Especially Radiohead. I don't hate the band and I've tried listening many times. I just don't get it.

And yea to the second one. People who say that are just to lazy to look for anything
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Nietsche
Sturgeon's law.

Beyond that

Thrash metal just fell hard out of favor for me, I can list on one hand the bands I still occasionally spin. And Slayer in particular seem to embody the specific type of thrash I find boring.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
Beyond that

Thrash metal just fell hard out of favor for me, I can list on one hand the bands I still occasionally spin. And Slayer in particular seem to embody the specific type of thrash I find boring.

You find the good kind of thrash boring?

Quote by necrosis1193
John and George were the best Beatles, not John and Paul. All three are groovy though.

What about Ringo?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by palm mute

Fair enough, though even if you exclude Slayer and their progeny I can still think of a few more than five decent bands, but I found 'Watching from a Distance' boring so we probably have slightly different ideas of what's interesting.
Quote by jjfeu662
What about Ringo?

who
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
who

Please tell me you're trolling...

he's the Beatles drummer
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
You're spelling Pete Best wrong, mate.

Nah but Ringo's the odd man out. I like his stuff, and I like his work, but he's a definite fourth for me. Being the fourth-place Beatle is still pretty damn good though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Nietsche
Fair enough, though even if you exclude Slayer and their progeny I can still think of a few more than five decent bands, but I found 'Watching from a Distance' boring so we probably have slightly different ideas of what's interesting.

There are some definitely important and great thrash acts, I just rarely find myself in the mood for thrash anymore. It's been declining for years now.

I have absolutely no problem seeing how someone could find Watching from a Distance boring actually, I recognize doom metal is just not going to click for most people. Especially Warning's variety of doom.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I guess the types of music I listen to most are progessive rock, alternative rock, and metal; I don't just listen to those genres of course (I don't know, I listen to a lot of shit), but an unpopular opinion about music I have is that I actually like some metalcore. Not the chugga-chugga-BOOM (bass drop)-breakdown-horrible pig squeally vocals shit, but the melodic metalcore with actually good, sung vocals, not too far off from "melodeath" I can dig (and prefer to a lot of uber-brutal elitist shit a lot of metalheads love).
Last edited by MrDo0m at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by im not mental
the dillinger escape plan > btbam

I love both, but don't see how you can even compare them.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by im not mental
the dillinger escape plan > btbam

How you could say that?! Nah, jk, I don't listen to either.
My unpopular musical opinions:

Dream Theater/Opeth annoys me.
Technical death metal music flat out sucks.
I don't understand nor care for the Beatles.
Music should be paid for.
We're all alright!
Quote by whywefight
Radiohead's really grown on me lately. I've known them for years, but I've just recently started listening to them much more.

That's how I hear it from most Radiohead fans, they didn't "get" them at first, and then after awhile they grew on them and became converts.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by The Madcap
That double kick drum thing in most Metal music that's popular on this board is incredibly obnoxious.

'Srongwiju?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by whywefight
That's actually funny, cause I thought the gif in your avatar was from the alaska video at first

Gojira's To Sirius music video actually

I do actually like Son of Nothing
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by necrosis1193
Pop is actually a lot like metal in the sense that it's not as bad as a lot of people think, but most people generalize because of the handful of really bad examples that get strawman'd to death.

Yngwie is very capable of being a soulless wanker with no artistic value and pure technique. He's also very capable of creating enjoyable-yet-technical music with emotion.

Bruce Springsteen is a badass and a great lyricist.

I most definitely agree with these three.

I don't care for the Beatles most of the time, I just find them really boring and don't get anything out of them, and I only actually respect George Harrison out of the four.

I find a lot of 'true' death metal to be repetitive and cliche, and I don't like black metal either. I think DM has a good amount of variety if I look hard enough but most that I've heard I just find to be boring and uncreative. Hell, I don't even mind deathcore, I find that I can be a bit more varied within that genre than with what people call true DM.

I really like Miss May I's first album but I think they are shit live.

I dislike Gibson guitars except for Explorers but I don't have any qualms with Line 6 amps.

I buy most of my music and I don't like illegal downloading unless the band/artist gives free downloads.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by whywefight
Ooh, that's an interesting one.

Care to elaborate?
I don't really care for Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and I really don't like The Wall. I like the Syd Barrett era the most, however I still think DSOTM is just a really great, cohesively written album. It still has that weird, kind of eerie Pink Floyd sound, but it doesn't go too far or try too hard.

The Wall is just too much for me. I don't know how to explain it. And SOYCD is okay. None of the tracks really hit me hard, though. And sometimes I find it cheesy (which I find most tributes, anyway).
Last edited by The Madcap at Dec 6, 2012,
I find Dark Side of the Moon incredibly boring and I don't understand why it's considered one of the best albums of all time.

Not even getting high and listening to the whole thing in the dark makes it interesting. Just even more boring.

Edit: Typo.
Last edited by archangels at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by archangels
I find Dark Side of the Moon incredible boring and I don't understand why it's considered one of the best albums of all time.

Not even getting high and listening to the whole thing in the dark makes it interesting. Just even more boring.
I'm a sucker for dorian harmonies. They reprise the i-IV chord progression theme in so many tracks.
Quote by thePTOD
I buy most of my music and I don't like illegal downloading unless the band/artist gives free downloads.

It isn't illegal then.

Also Echoes > anything else Pink Floyd ever did
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Linkin Park are a good band (A Thousand Suns is their best album)

Not really the music itself but flamenco elitist are probably more annoying than metal elitist.

I like Muse's past two albums. /fanboy
No matter what anyone says the band fun is pretty good. I'm really liking them lately.