Page 5 of 18
Quote by Thrill-house
Jack White is awful.

He sure is.

Some have even gone so far as to describe his music and person as "butts".
Quote by whywefight
I'm that kind of boring Pink Floyd fan. I love everything after DSOTM but haven't bothered listening to the stuff before.

I probably should, but I haven't gotten around to it

I tried some of it, I didn't get why people love it so much.

The Green Album is the best Weezer album. I love Pinkerton too, but the Green Album just feels like the best album by the band before it went to hell.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
That guy from Sigur Ros sings like a girl.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by The Madcap
1. People who hate on the Beatles are either ignorant, or just trying to be controversial. The only thing that they can really be criticized for is that they aren't very technically skilled at their respective instruments. But I've never liked that reason to criticize a musician.

I dislike The Beatles because I never really listened to them until I had already been listening to so many bands that had been influenced by and surpassed them.

I agree though, there are a lot of stupid reasons people give just to hate on them. I greatly respect what they contributed to music, but aside from their more progressive stuff I find them kind of boring to listen to (Sgt. Peppers is a damn good album, I'll admit).

And I feel pretty much exactly the same about Led Zeppelin.
Django is jazz for people who don't actually like or know jazz

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Django is jazz for people who don't actually like or know jazz

Do you not like Gypsy Jazz as a whole or just Django?
Oh, jazz is great. I love jazz. Most dynamic and exciting music there is.

The only thing better than jazz is very old blues.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by RU Experienced?
Do you not like Gypsy Jazz as a whole or just Django?

I don't dislike either. They're just not representative of the language of jazz at all.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Django is jazz for people who don't actually like or know jazz want to feel cool and cultured while drinking their coffee.
Fixed.

I like gypsy jazz, but still...
Quote by phlip999
Kyuss was pretty good.

This is unpopular? Kyuss were great. Not as good as QOTSA but still great.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by The Madcap
Fixed.
that too

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ErikLensherr
Oh, jazz is great. I love jazz. Most dynamic and exciting music there is.

The only thing better than jazz is very old blues.

You can't beat some delta blues, I know that much. I sometimes just get in a car on Mafia II, put Delta Radio on and then lurk the internet
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't dislike either. They're just not representative of the language of jazz at all.

Well sure, but nothing is stopping one from enjoying both.
emo and math rock singers need to not be as whiny and pitchy

i like the soft spoken tone but have some strength in the notes plz

Quote by necrosis1193
I tried some of it, I didn't get why people love it so much.

The Green Album is the best Weezer album. I love Pinkerton too, but the Green Album just feels like the best album by the band before it went to hell.

Someone skipped over Maladroit
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well sure, but nothing is stopping one from enjoying both.

Django's style of jazz is much more diatonic and harmonically/melodically familiar to people who are used to rock/pop/metal/etc. There isn't even a hint of the kind of chromaticism, rhythmic syntax, and melodic characteristics, not to mention instrumentation of jazz centered around bebop. I have the nagging suspicion that many of those people can't reconcile with these differences.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by Xiaoxi
I have the nagging suspicion that many of those people can't reconcile with these differences.
Oh, I'm inclined to agree with that. I don't really talk to a lot of people about music and when I do it's pretty much never about jazz so I haven't really encountered anyone like that. I suppose it's just another one of those instances where feelings towards obnoxious fans are associated with the artists themselves.
i actually think the contortionist is better than most of that style, but i hate bands that sound like that. i think the contortionist have maybe 2 good songs, same goes for every other djent band liek that. i only like btbam and cynic and opeth and devin townsend, no i dont like mastadon or protest the hero or any other metal band. i just like btbam.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Oh, I'm inclined to agree with that. I don't really talk to a lot of people about music and when I do it's pretty much never about jazz so I haven't really encountered anyone like that. I suppose it's just another one of those instances where feelings towards obnoxious fans are associated with the artists themselves.

I got nothing against Django. It's just.....curious how often people who claim they like jazz to list "Django Reinhardt - Minor Swing" as their top selection. Oh, sometimes this is paired with "Miles Davis - Kind of Blue" for good measure.

No doubt these are notable works, but you can see how it's kind of like selecting "Stairway to Heaven" for rock music.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
emo and math rock singers need to not be as whiny and pitchy

i like the soft spoken tone but have some strength in the notes plz

I like the pitchiness.

I actually have more problems with bands trying to not be pitchy through autotune even though their signers aren't that great
Quote by davonirvin
I understand why people don't like these bands but I like both Suicide Silence and Whitechapel. I await my death sentence

SS was the shit! Whitchapel is still one of my favorite live bands.

Well executed clean vocals > harsh vocals in any genre of metal.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I got nothing against Django. It's just.....curious how often people who claim they like jazz to list "Django Reinhardt - Minor Swing" as their top selection. Oh, sometimes this is paired with "Miles Davis - Kind of Blue" for good measure.

No doubt these are notable works, but you can see how it's kind of like selecting "Stairway to Heaven" for rock music.

I know where you're coming from now, just upon seeing your first post it seemed like you were saying if you listen to django anything you think or say about jazz is invalid. Which is probably only true mostly.
HERE WE GO
BTBAM is horrible, even when I liked prog and tech metal I hated them
after Scenes From a Memory DT got stupid, Mike Portnoy is a shit drummer
99% of music that isn't metal is terrible
brostep is generally better than dubstep, although I still hate it
Radiohead is trash, hurr durr let's throw a bunch of chords that don't sound good together and call it prog
metal is getting better and better, all the old bands like Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth etc are garbage
Bob Dylan can't sing, can't play any instruments, can't write lyrics
I could go on but I won't
sunbather is shit
i don't like ICP, but most of the people i know do for some reason.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by beefcake122
HERE WE GO
BTBAM is horrible, even when I liked prog and tech metal I hated them
after Scenes From a Memory DT got stupid, Mike Portnoy is a shit drummer
99% of music that isn't metal is terrible
brostep is generally better than dubstep, although I still hate it
Radiohead is trash, hurr durr let's throw a bunch of chords that don't sound good together and call it prog
metal is getting better and better, all the old bands like Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth etc are garbage
Bob Dylan can't sing, can't play any instruments, can't write lyrics
I could go on but I won't

THANK YOU!!!
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by Xiaoxi

I like Jazz. The only Jazz I know is Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Joe Pass and Pat Metheny. I only started listening to jazz this year.

I don't see what's wrong with liking (and/or only knowing) the less obscure artists in a genre.

As for the Radiohead discussion, I actually thought they were really weird the first time I listened to them...but I came back, because I liked just that one riff in Paranoid Android (the one that plays over 'Ambition makes you look pretty ugly'). After a while I started enjoying most the things I thought were weird, and all of a sudden (well, it was a lot more gradual, but that's not a very exciting narrative now) I had their entire discography and only listened to them the majority of the time. They grow on you. If they don't, they never will (at least until your tastes change).
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
People who have a whinge that all of one genre sounds the same and then listen to a genre that all of it sounds the same
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I like Jazz. The only Jazz I know is Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Joe Pass and Pat Metheny. I only started listening to jazz this year.

I don't see what's wrong with liking (and/or only knowing) the less obscure artists in a genre.

Django's different though, his music is basically not representative of what jazz sounds like at all. I've never heard anyone claim to like jazz based on listening to his music though. I only know a few people who have heard/like his music and I don't think they even realise he's considered a jazz musician.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Dec 7, 2012,
I love lots of fairly recent pop music, my icon isn't ironic, I actually like them.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Ozzy Osbourne's Black Sabbath can't hold a candle to Dio's Black Sabbath.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I like some Nickelback songs. In a completely non-ironic way, when i'm in the mood for it, I like listening to them. Photograph is a good song.

I don't know how unpopular this, but I really like Taylor Swift. I think she is getting better and better as she goes on, and her last album had some killer songs on it (As usual, some filler too, but as each album comes out, the ratio of filler to good songs gets better and better)

I prefer the new vocalist of Alice in Chains over Layne Staley.

I really like the Snow Patrol album "Eyes Open"

I think My Bloody Valentines only good song is "Sometimes"

I don't see what's so good about The Dark Side Of The Moon. It bored me to death.

Slash's solo material is 10x better than anything GnR ever did.

Ok, thats all I have for now, please don't hurt me UG
Quote by GoldfishMoon
I like some Nickelback songs. In a completely non-ironic way, when i'm in the mood for it, I like listening to them. Photograph is a good song.

I don't know how unpopular this, but I really like Taylor Swift. I think she is getting better and better as she goes on, and her last album had some killer songs on it (As usual, some filler too, but as each album comes out, the ratio of filler to good songs gets better and better)

I prefer the new vocalist of Alice in Chains over Layne Staley.

I really like the Snow Patrol album "Eyes Open"

I think My Bloody Valentines only good song is "Sometimes"

I don't see what's so good about The Dark Side Of The Moon. It bored me to death.

Slash's solo material is 10x better than anything GnR ever did.

Ok, thats all I have for now, please don't hurt me UG

I love you.
Quote by MH400
I love you.

I also like "How You Remind Me" and "Someday"

My favourite song from "Red" was the acoustic version of State Of Grace (From the deluxe edition).