I can never get internet at a new place unless I restart my computer. This takes a minute and I really don't have the patience.

I've heard you can do something in ipconfig /release and /renew, so I messed around for a while, but it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know how ipconfig works? What do I need to type in exactly in the cmd window?
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
The computer thread probably would.

But do you have dhcp enabled?

yes i do.
i have 'obtain ip address automatically' and 'obtain dns server address automatically' both selected
You don't have patience for a minute, yet you spend the time asking a guitar forum for computer advice?
Quote by Lavatain
You don't have patience for a minute, yet you spend the time asking a guitar forum for computer advice?

Obviously, he's hoping for a permanent solution so he doesn't have to restart every time he wants internet access.
In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, you must run command prompt as an administrator in order for those commands to work.

Also, keep in mind that sometimes the only way for a device to assign or receive an IP is to be restarted.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /releasedns

Also, send me a screenshot of your network adapters. I've had this problem before, and it turns out there was a conflict with either the VMware virtual adapter or the Cisco VPN adapter.
drivers updated?
windows updated?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
^ thanks guys, I think I just needed to run cmd prompt as administrator... also i was using ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew instead of ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /releasedns... i don't know what the difference is but i should be able to work it out now.

Thanks!