Page 2 of 3
Okay, no, this is absolutely dreadful. Every time I go on I have to click on subscriptions and then uploads only, the last update had that as default whenever I went on. I don't see why no one liked the old update, it was brilliant.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Change your bookmark to http://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions/u then.
It's really not that hard.

I think the layout is great.
It looks really nice.
It's going to take a day or two to get used to where everything is, but it really won't affect a single thing I do on there.

The only thing that will affect me is that the top comments on all of the videos I watch for the next two weeks will be "omg dis new utube layot sux. thumb up if u agree!!!!"
Why do I have to have those numbers next to my subscriptions though? How do I even get rid of them?

People are going to bitch about it for a couple of weeks and then forget the old layout existed.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
It showed up for me a few times, then disappeared, its very similar to G+, which is a terrible thing.

edit/ now its there permanently, brutal.

I just dont understand why they keep going with excessive blank space.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 6, 2012,
Half the page is completely blank.

What were they smoking when they thought of this?

stratkat
Way too much negative space, it's looks like shit, fairly unprofessional. It hurts my eyes.

Also adding everyones profile picture to the comment section is pretty ****ing pointless too.
Last edited by stratkat at Dec 6, 2012,
Great use of space, very well done.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
It showed up for me a few times, then disappeared, its very similar to G+, which is a terrible thing.

edit/ now its there permanently, brutal.

I just dont understand why they keep going with excessive blank space.

Weren't you stroking G+'s cock about a year ago on how great it was?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Weren't you stroking G+'s cock about a year ago on how great it was?

About how great it was? no.

About how it had potential and that i hoped it took a chunk of facebooks social monopoly? yes.

I also liked their first layout actually, I absolutely despise their current one.

I sign into G+ maybe once a month? I just use it to +1 music now

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I don't mind it, just take some getting used to. Probably more efficient the way the channels load marked vids now
First off, in the previous layout, I could see what my subscribers uploaded and any new comments I receive. Now I have to click links to get to them. No notifications.

Second, the comments section looks cluttered.
They better fix the notifications. I'm too lazy to check my inbox all the time if there's nothing in it.
Check out my band Disturbed
They also took a lot of cues from Microsoft's metro styling.

Everything is flat, especially the player's buttons and red navigation line.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I like the new layout, not to complicated. Ive gotten less views on my youtube channel though. Which sucks cause I get paid through views with google ad sense. ughh, oh well though
Quote by guitargodofaus
So annoying that the video is no longer in the centre of the screen. I personally hate the new layout.

Can't unsee.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
'hi im youtube and I herd u liek huge empty spaces down the right side of ur page'
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by bradulator
Can't unsee.

They were never in the middle of the screen.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Todd Hart
'hi im youtube and I herd u liek huge empty spaces down the right side of ur page'

I've a feeling ads go there, but I have adblock...
Quote by WCPhils

Unless you put it on the second size setting, next to full screen.

Quote by Trowzaa
Unless you put it on the second size setting, next to full screen.

I know that.

It's the same now.

The first setting is offset to the left, the second one is centered, and the third is fullscreen.

It's no different
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
They've gone nuts with the harvard F-shape interface research, to the point that it looks like you've given this primitive knowledge to 10 year olds and told them that it's ultra important that anything worthwhile is bang in the top left.

The new layout is horrific. Why all that blank space? I paused adblock and there aren't any ads, what. It's poor ass design for the buttons too, no one wants Windows Metro. I feel I've been redirected to the YT page for smart phones, rather than my nice 26" LED screen.

Basically, YT UAT testers are ****ing dumb, blind, and no doubt deaf, though the last will be proven when the changes aren't reversed.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Dec 7, 2012,
Quote by WCPhils

Either way can't unsee.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Anthony1991
They've gone nuts with the harvard F-shape interface research, to the point that it looks like you've given this primitive knowledge to 10 year olds and told them that it's ultra important that anything worthwhile is bang in the top left.

The new layout is horrific. Why all that blank space? I paused adblock and there aren't any ads, what. It's poor ass design for the buttons too, no one wants Windows Metro. I feel I've been redirected to the YT page for smart phones, rather than my nice 26" LED screen.

Basically, YT UAT testers are ****ing dumb, blind, and no doubt deaf, though the last will be proven when the changes aren't reversed.

The problem with youtube, same with facebook, is that they are so monopolized in their field, that there really is nothing the user can do if they dont like the layout.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Anthony1991
Why all that blank space? I paused adblock and there aren't any ads, what.

It may be that they'll add ads later on, not that I'll be seeing them. Still, you're right; it's a terrible-ass design.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
The problem with youtube, same with facebook, is that they are so monopolized in their field, that there really is nothing the user can do if they dont like the layout.

Yeah; it's what has actually annoyed me about it, there's just no alternative. The even more frustrating thing is: just because you're the only product out there, that doesn't give you the license to just turn your current product into some crappy user interface designed by someone only thinking within the parameters of UI audience interaction, rather than actually asking the users themselves.

I really don't know how this passed User Acceptance Testing. Especially when the old layout was practically perfect.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
I wouldn't mind it if they would design it like they actually use it.

I've had to click "Got it" on that stupid ****ing box every time.

I've had to click "My Subscriptions" instead of "What to watch" every ****ing time. Who the **** goes on youtube without knowing what they want to watch? **** Google and **** YouTube, I don't need their shit. I'm starting my own ****ing video site.

**** SWEAR FILTERS!
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
http://i48.tinypic.com/9ghe0k.jpg

Okay I took a 1080 snip :p i'll lower size
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster