Poll: Are you happy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you happy?
No - I genuinely hate my life.
25 10%
Nah - not really happy, but it could be worse.
84 33%
Eh - I'm neither happy or unhappy.
33 13%
Yeah - I'm fairly happy, although things could be better.
81 32%
Hell yes - I f*cking love my life.
31 12%
Voters: 254.
Page 2 of 3
Urgh, I'm ashamed to say I'm being a whiney-ass little bitch because some girl broke it off with me.

I've had 2 (yes, 2!!!) days off uni in a row now due to bad sleeping and lack of motivation, badtimes!

But aside from that, I'm gravy really, my monetary situation is dire but hey, **** it!

therefore I voted 'Yes - fairly happy but things could be better' option. Give me a week and it'll be back up to the 'hell yeah' option!
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
This is my default facial expression
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
I'm actually the happiest I've been in a long time. I dropped out of Uni because I was in my fourth year and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Now I'm about to start managing at the restaurant I worked at part time in college. I like my coworkers and I like my work. I still struggle with depression almost daily, but it's sooooo much better than when I was in school.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Well, I always dreamed about moving abroad, and guess, that's where I am?

I haven't made any real friends here yet, but perhaps that'll change someday; this is the only thing that kept me from voting #4. I'm lonely at times, but I'm never genuinely bored; if I don't feel like doing anything, I would study Japanese or something, and my course keeps me busy most days...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by King Donkey
That's some good advice. I still get negatively affected but seeing them as opportunities for change would be helpful. Just need to have that mindset when shit happens.

Check this link.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I'm happily depressed. Feels good in a bad way.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
For me I feel unhappy because I haven't built any solid relationships, I just need to be more pro-active when it comes to my social life, I just find it hard to find the kind of people that I want to be around.
Surprised by the poll, lots of you aren't too happy. Probably an age thing, it'll get way better for most of ya
I genuinely don't get depressed. I have friends and I'm studying Performing Arts in Sixth Form, some which I love doing. A girlfriend would be the only step up but that doesn't really bother me.
Musical Theatre! *jazz hands*

...what am I doing on this site...
i feel like piss most of the time. i struggle to have fun. stress and depression has made me physically weak. still, it's better than when i had manic episodes. thank you lithium.
Aggravated because of work stuff and annoyed that I suck at guitar now. But other than that I'm pretty happy. I don't have a life, but my daughter will be here in March and I can train her to do my bidding.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Yes but I'd like to touch another human being indecently once in a while
This is a funny gauss curve right here.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Jon777
At the same time, I hate a lot of things about myself and I have a lot of regrets. I also hate that I'm too much of a bitch to do anything about my undesirable qualities. It feels pretty shitty when (I'm sure you guys know the feeling) you're laying on your bed at night trying to fall asleep, and have nothing to do but think about these things and dwell on your regrets.

i try to repress them

i think to myself NO BAD THOUGHTS GO AWAY it usually works although leaving me feeling p shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The poll is a sinewave.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Im a cynical negative realist, who is pretty "meh" always.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Yep. I'm a generally happy and grateful person, though lately it's been a little tough... I've been dealing with some anxiety/paranoia and I'm constantly reminded that my musical career isn't going anywhere.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The poll is a sinewave.

EDIT: One thing I really have to change is that I need more ambition/passion and I need to learn how to commit to learning new things. I want to learn how to play more instruments, for starters.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Dec 7, 2012,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Im a cynical negative realist, who is pretty "meh" always.

"A cynic is a man that sees the price in everything and the value of nothing."
-Oscar Wilde
Quote by TheSennaj
I'm really happy but just mentally exhausted from school. I feel like my brain has been running a non stop Marathon for 3 months now. Just gotta make it through finals..
Life's been excellent recently. I'm the happiest I've been in ages.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Happy = / = confused/troubled

Am I happy for the moment? Maybe
Am I happy in general over the whole picture? lol no
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I fucking love my life, TS! Seriously, shit's going great!

Yeah, there's room for improvement, but that's always the case. Life is a constant state of improvement, after all.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
"A cynic is a man that sees the price in everything and the value of nothing."
-Oscar Wilde

Oh no not a quote by a historically famous person.

"In the depths of my heart I can’t help being convinced that my dear fellow-men, with a few exceptions, are worthless."
-Sigmund Freud
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

"In the depths of my heart I can’t help being convinced that my dear fellow-men, with a few exceptions, are worthless."
-Sigmund Freud

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

Clearly shooped
I'm extremely content with my life atm. I like the way things are going so far. my only real problems are more like first world problems/humblebrags (can't choose between two fantastic internships, no money for events because I spent it on tickets for other things, can't have a cat because I have the best hamster in the world, can't move out of parents' house because I live in a city which I love, I won't see the bf for a month because he's traveling to awesome places to help animals, I'm graduating with an inferior degree because I get to do what I want, etc) so they don't count as much. So yes I am happy with my life
cat
My life will like so much more awesome when C'thulhu returns and make all the posers pay.

I don't really get depressed any more once I realized that it was just an irrational train of thought. All I need to think about is all the people that would love to have my life and realize how much of a whiny bitch I'm being.
Seriously, once I like transition and shit I'll be the happiest person here.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i love my life, I work on ****ing helicopters bro. plus my wife is one awesome woman. bills are paid and foods on the table, these days thats all you should need to be happy.
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
I honestly hate everything about my life. I have so many regrets and f*ck ups in the past, and I can't keep them out of my head. One that keeps dragging me down is when I made peace with everyone around me before I attempted the second time, then I just ended up waking up covered in vomit a couple hours later
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by JimmyBanks6

-Sigmund Freud

Seriously, why choose for your life to be shit? What the fuck does that do?

It's not even a good quote because it's subjective.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 7, 2012,
I live in Utah and on probation and owe courts alot of money from 5 years or so ago, despite all that I guess im pretty happy, but will be happier when I finally get out of the hole and move out of here.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Seriously, why choose for your life to be shit? What the fuck does that do?

It's not even a good quote because it's subjective.

What makes you think that cynics necessarily live a 'shit' life?