Page 1 of 2
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Ok pit, I turn to you 'cause this is really driving me mad. It shouldn't be driving me this mad but it is.

Since last week, I've started learnign how to roll cigarettes (money problems)

Ehm..I know what to do, how to do it, but here's the problem.

Sometimes the rolling won't work.

At times, I put the baccy in, etc, and start rolling, it rolls beautifully, no problem, close it (still learning this bit properly) but a nice smokeable cigarette comes out.

Other times, and this really annoys me, I start rolling, doing the exact same f*cking movement a before and..nothing. the paper sticks together, my fingers slip fro the paper, for some reason it starts wrapping itself around the filter, and it just won't work, driving me mad.

This seems to happen mostly when my hand are cold..but it's wore when I've just washed my hands. For some reason, after I've washed my hands, rolling is absolutely impossible.

Any advice please?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
practice.

or a rolling machine thingy.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
it's because your hands are smoother after washing them, and drier in the cold (humidity and that.)

Crinkle your paper to ****, get it really crease-y, then unfold it and straighten it out. It seems strange, but it adds grip and makes it much easier to roll.
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
2,894 IQ
Quote by Krieger91

Since last week, I've started learnign how to roll cigarettes (money problems)

Any advice please?

There's an even better way to save a few dollars.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Johnny_Ibanez
ʎuuɥoſ
1,251 IQ
When I have to, I use a rolling machine because I can't roll. But I know it's not as good because it packs the baccy too tightly.
homeless-john
Registered Scum
880 IQ
Quote by JimmyBanks6
There's an even better way to save a few dollars.

Yeah TS. It's like you've never even heard of scratchcards!
Junglie
134 IQ
I have the same issue, it's just all about practice. I also got a rolling machine, for £2. It's not too bad and uses less tobacco.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Greenie_777
UG Newbie
547 IQ
Practice.

Also dry your hands and if you rizzlas even get slightly wet get rid of them because it will lose the stick. You can make them work if you lick them enough but it's more likely to come apart.
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Practice makes perfect. To get better grip on them lick your rolling fingers and then dry them off a bit on your jeans and the lack of grease on your fingers will help you do it better. I still occasionally **** rollies up 4 years on.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Thrill-house
150 IQ
I work with a girl that does that, it's nasty. She's always got this plastic container with her that's stained black from having tobacco in it, plus her fingers are stained darker as well.
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,512 IQ
One thing I saw last week here was some italian guy rolls with the paper inside out and glues the inside then burns off the access paper, pretty cool, never seen that. I'm never gonna bother though

also...Rizlas suck no? OBB expert or Ziz zag thin my fav for the other anyways
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 7, 2012,
BenRaah
zebra
676 IQ
Practice. Also if your fingers are a bit damp and they touch the glue then the two sides will stick together before you want them to.
ne14t
1,045 IQ
Quote by Tempoe
I roll a lot of dooobs. One thing I saw last week here was some italian guy rolls with the paper inside out and glues the inside then burns off the access paper, pretty cool, never seen that. I'm never gonna bother though

To do this you just flip the rollie over then you normally would then the glue sticks to the first bit of paper and you can burn the excess off to reduce how much paper is in your spliff, really easy and looks fancy.

To the OP if you have a big bag of sugar and a spare pack of rollies practice rolling sugar, I know it sounds stupid but if you can learn to roll sugar you wont have any problems rolling anything. You will end up being able to roll cigs that are nice and tight burn evenly and stay lit perfectly.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
1,337 IQ
Stop smoking.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by Tempoe
One thing I saw last week here was some italian guy rolls with the paper inside out and glues the inside then burns off the access paper, pretty cool, never seen that. I'm never gonna bother though

Zig Zag are terrible! The ones I use never, ever, ever stick. I just use the papers that come with the baccy.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Quote by Tempoe

My friends (here in Itay believe it or not) used to do when we were smoking joints. We called it the "bandiera", whih means flag.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
CrazyPigeon
Ugh.
573 IQ
Rizla are the best. Blues especially. Your hands need to be bone dry when doing it, make sure there's no lumps in the 'baccy. I roll because they taste better than 'straights'.
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Blues barely smoke for me, they keep going out. I prefer reds. I don't like corner-cuts. They taste better and they're a lot cheaper.

Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
Blues barely smoke for me, they keep going out. I prefer reds. I don't like corner-cuts. They taste better and they're a lot cheaper.

Amber leaf skins are probably the cheapest, considering they come with the baccy Otherwise, Greens.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Quote by Junglie
Amber leaf skins are probably the cheapest, considering they come with the baccy Otherwise, Greens.

Or if you wanna drop down a level, Gold Leaf Reds are basically green just without the cut-away anyway.
Cutter's, reds/greens and extra slims are the way forward.

Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
Or if you wanna drop down a level, Gold Leaf Reds are basically green just without the cut-away anyway.
Cutter's, reds/greens and extra slims are the way forward.

Gold leaf is terrible, worse than smoking Berkely's.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
When it comes to papers, yes I'm a fan of blue rizlas. Although I find them harder to roll than the ones my sister used, which are bravo. But I hate them.
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Quote by Junglie
Gold leaf is terrible, worse than smoking Berkely's.

If it costs under £3.50 for skins and baccy, of course it's gonna be terrible

Junglie
134 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
If it costs under £3.50 for skins and baccy, of course it's gonna be terrible

Payday, I buy Marlboro golds, the rest of the week it's Lamberts then it's onto Amber Leaf for the rest of the month
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Quote by Junglie
Payday, I buy Marlboro golds, the rest of the week it's Lamberts then it's onto Amber Leaf for the rest of the month

Marlboro Golds and Lucky Strike blues are my cigarettes of choice when I'm not rolling (Saturday nights and stuff..and always soon if I don't get the hang of this rolling biz
Junglie
134 IQ
Lucky strike are horrible! I bought my first pack of them the other week, and it was like smoking Fibreglass. I quite like Chesterfields, though.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
9 times out of 10, I roll my own smokes.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Lucky Strikes are beautiful things. Probably the only straight that I can honestly say I enjoy.

treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
Lucky Strike got a few good mentions, one in Beverly Hills cop at the beginning and the other, in an episode of Smart Guy.

Other than that, they blow, if I'm going to give my self cancer, and not get stoned, then Marlboro Red is my choice of death.

As for rolling proper cigarettes and, not that other stuff, not since I was 19.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
It happens, i usually find it impossible to roll when i'm really drunk or high. Then again, i find it difficult to do just about anything when i'm in that state.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Redsectoreh
not blue
168 IQ
If you end up being completely hopeless at rolling, just take a cigarette and trace it. Its time consuming but if all else fails...
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,512 IQ
Sometimes you can't get papers here for months, I've used all sorts of stuff for doobz, like tampon wrappers...lol, they work pretty good and you can do a big one, just have to keep them a bit wet. In Jamaica they use brown paper bags and do huge ones that catch on fire. Best is a cigar leaf but that's expensive
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Banned
664 IQ
Quote by Tempoe
Sometimes you can't get papers here for months

Where the hell are you from? Buttlandia?
guitarmaniac88
Procrastinate & Dominate!
650 IQ
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Where the hell are you from? Buttlandia?

An island. His shipments often come in wet, obviously, so he may not get good ones for a while.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
shattamakar
Clitigator
788 IQ
Protip: Spend a good amount of time getting the toab into a nice tube like shape, evenly inside the unrolled paper.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.