B&J
1,062 IQ
So for christmas i want to get a new effect, thing is.... i have the prettiest board ever. I have the T-rex Alberta for distortion for the raw edge. I have the Mxr Phase 90, there's a MXR stereo chorus, boss fender reverb (which i like over my fender blues junior amp) , Carl Martin Delayla XL, and there's a MXR dynacomp(ressor)

I also have this boss looper, and i hate the thing but i can work with it.... now there is no point asking for a new guitar cuz i have two amazing guitars. (Eric Johnson strat and a great standard tele) So i want to ask for an effect... but i'm like what!!!

What is going to be like.... the next Wow factor i need
ragingkitty
meow?
1,727 IQ
Prettiest pedal board ever?

Not sure if serious.

Get an AxeFX 2
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by ragingkitty
Prettiest pedal board ever?

Not sure if serious.

Get an AxeFX 2

thats an all in one kinda thing. I meant like stompboxes kinda thing. And yeah there's not much that i miss out of my desired tone i have now with stompboxes. So to me this is the prettiest pedal board ever. But i would love to hear from you ppl what stomp boxes i miss
racertj5
Wannabe Guitar God
330 IQ
If you have the tone you want then thats all you need. Get a looper if you want something to play around with I guess
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by racertj5
If you have the tone you want then thats all you need. Get a looper if you want something to play around with I guess

I have one... The boss Rc2, i hate its guts but it does the trick. No point buying a more expensive one since i own my own studio. I can pretty much record whatever and however i want. So i need creative effects....

Help.

Cuz well next to new strings its the only thing i can think of asking
racertj5
Wannabe Guitar God
330 IQ
Sorry, missed that part. Get a nice tuner pedal? I really don't know what else to say, normally people buy effects because they are looking for a certain sound...If you have your sound why screw it up?
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by racertj5
Sorry, missed that part. Get a nice tuner pedal? I really don't know what else to say, normally people buy effects because they are looking for a certain sound...If you have your sound why screw it up?

Well in the studio i tend to use effects on crazy settings to get inspired. Like i have this effect that makes your guitar sounds like an organ. Makes you play awesome stuff you would never think of to play... i guess i need more crazy effects. I can recreate them in the studio but i love to create them through the amp.
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
You don't have a wah pedal. No board is complete without a wah.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
1,335 IQ
Quote by B&J
I have one... The boss Rc2, i hate its guts but it does the trick. No point buying a more expensive one since i own my own studio. I can pretty much record whatever and however i want. So i need creative effects....

Help.

Cuz well next to new strings its the only thing i can think of asking

Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by Cathbard
You don't have a wah pedal. No board is complete without a wah.

I dont have one.... hmmz which one do you reccommend me... its like john mayer meets bb king kinda stuff. Wah wah to me seems more to be hendrix-ish
AWACS
I want all of the things
6,888 IQ
What you need is a new amp.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
mmolteratx
UG God
3,786 IQ
Quote by B&J
I dont have one.... hmmz which one do you reccommend me... its like john mayer meets bb king kinda stuff. Wah wah to me seems more to be hendrix-ish

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by AWACS
What you need is a new amp.

Does it make so much difference? I always have the feeling i can make a cheap amp sound expensive in the studio by using some smart EQ. I might just be completely wrong here
dkunick
Waco
138 IQ
MXR CAE Wah, Strymon Flint, Line 6 M13, or Digitech Whammy DT
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Wah is extremely versatile. Not all wah work is Voodoo Chile.

Quote by B&J
Does it make so much difference? I always have the feeling i can make a cheap amp sound expensive in the studio by using some smart EQ. I might just be completely wrong here
If that "smart EQ" is something like an Axe-FX or a Kemper sure, otherwise, no, just no.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 7, 2012,
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by Cathbard
Wah is extremely versatile. Not all wah work is Voodoo Chile.

If that "smart EQ" is something like an Axe-FX or a Kemper sure, otherwise, no, just no.

I generally route my guitar into my Uaudio Solo 610 and then into amplitude, or run it straight from my amp. then adding some EQ and i'ts pretty much done. I really need Effects... Maybe a cool wah way
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Oh ok, you're using amplitude - gotcha. Still, it couldn't hurt to get some special amps like an 18W Marshall or sometin. It's going to be years before anybody's gonna get the dynamics of that amp modelled properly. Same with the old Fender Deluxe.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by Cathbard
Oh ok, you're using amplitude - gotcha. Still, it couldn't hurt to get some special amps like an 18W Marshall or sometin. It's going to be years before anybody's gonna get the dynamics of that amp modelled properly. Same with the old Fender Deluxe.

I'd love myself a Princeton or something like that, i just think santa doesnt have the funds for that lol. So lets stick to effects. Heard of this instant arpeggio effect mayer uses???
B&J
1,062 IQ
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
No offense BJ but the pedals you got are NOT the most attractive. Just sayin'

you need a MXR Carbon Copy.

When it comes to delay i love my delayla and if i need anything else i use my PSP audio stuff in the studio. So really, i guess i need crazy effects
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
That looks suspiciously catlike.
Trying to get in the first cat are we?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
1,189 IQ
Engl E530. With a very broad interpretation of preamp, I consider it an effect.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
fogger808
Greg
44 IQ
tremolo is nice, or you can get some messed up sounds with a whammy, like using the harmony mode in octave up and picking chords.
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Crazy effects you say, I say if you can get a voodoo lab wahzoo or earthauaker devices rainbow machine. The kimgs of epicly trippy effects.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!
1,619 IQ
If you've already got a nice board and you're happy with your sound, don't buy more pedals for the sake of it.

Get something useful like a rack tuner or a good wireless system.
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon
1,326 IQ
You want to re-create your 'organ-like' sounds through an amp, you say???

EARTHQUAKE DEVICES ORGANIZER!!!

DO IT NOW!!!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...