I own a ferret and I walk it
2 3%
I am a ferret
32 47%
Voters: 68.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
I used to really want one as a kid. You can put them on a leash and everything.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
Harvey Swick
Naive American
1,260 IQ
ferrets stink, man. not stink like they are bad but they smell. not smell like sniff things but they have a terrible odor.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Harvey Swick
Naive American
1,260 IQ
if your girlfriends walks it, i don't doubt some stray dogs will be after it.

suckersdream
105 IQ
I'd love to have one as a pet and walk it. Its just the smell that puts me off, and some of them can be pretty agressive.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i want a leash for my cats.

i'd love to smoke a doob and take em for a walk.

plus, i'm sure i'd get plenty of strange looks from the people in my town.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah
1,033 IQ
Quote by chaoticfables
I trained mine and now I have a Sentret

awesome, and made me chuckle

But as has already been said, they smell, like, pretty bad, way worse than any other rodent I've kept, and they can be quite aggressive if you don't put a lot of effort and time into them, they are pretty clever little things and so can get bored easily. It's not like having a skinny bunny rabbit or a stretched out guinea pig!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
I own(ed) and ferret and I walk(ed) it.

Ferrets are boss. Females and neutered males don't smell, and they only bite as much as a kitten or puppy does. Hell, I was bitten more by my friend's rabbit on one visit than I was two ferrets in seven or so years.

Edit: ^ this guy, for example, is talking rubbish. They aren't aggressive and barely smell, so long as they cleaned correctly and neutered/mated (females need to be spayed unless you're going find them a mate, otherwise they'll die shortly after their first season.

Except for the cleverness thing, they're pretty nifty when they want to be. Little escape artists and thieves.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Dec 8, 2012,
skippy_moogoose
1,033 IQ
^ I worked with ferrets in a rescue shelter for a time, and enjoyed it, but they smelled and were a little bitey
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by skippy_moogoose
^ I worked with ferrets in a rescue shelter for a time, and enjoyed it, but they smelled and were a little bitey

I assume ferrets found in rescue shelters were not neutered/castrated or correctly maintained. Otherwise they wouldn't smell, except in the mating season when hoblets (castrated males) and females start to smell faintly of honey.

If they aren't spayed/neutered then the males do stink, but unless you're going to be breeding them there's no reason not to have them snipped, especially the females.

As for biting, as I said they're no worse than a puppy if they're properly cared for. Like any animal they will attack if they feel nervous, but otherwise they just play by biting lightly, like any predatory pet does.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Dec 8, 2012,
skippy_moogoose
1,033 IQ
I'm guessing you're right about the not neutered thing dude!
And yeah, they wern't bitey as in super aggresive, more playful nips a lot, as you say, like a puppy or a kitten, but I know some people get really funny about it.
If I had the space, I'd consider having a ferret or two, sadly, Im not even allowed a goldfish where I currently live, which drives me mad as I've always been surrounded by animals
Quote by the humanity
Harvey Swick
Naive American
1,260 IQ
Quote by TunerAddict
I need to watch that movie again.

its not a tumor!

mystical_1
Doomed
336 IQ
I had three ferrets when I was fifteen, they lived about five years, all died from tumors; which is pretty common. Ninja, Taffy, and Prancer. They were extemely intelligent, far smarter than a dog or cat, hands down.

I trained them to walk with me without a leash, steal lighters and put them in my baseball cap, and to attack my best friends cat.

The black sables and females are pretty tempermental but the gray/white male ones are about as loving as an animal as you can get. You still have to be very careful that the one you get has a good temperment or you will hate it.

I miss them. They don't smell if you give them a bath once a week but they will reak havoc on your carpet and shoes. And they will take and hide your stuff. But so much fun.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
My brother has one and keeps it in a cage 80% of the time.

But they're pretty cool creatures, the smell thing is true though and they can be pretty pesky (his always steals his stuff like socks and hordes them into a pile, lol) and once he made a shit mountain behind his couch.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by Harvey Swick
ferrets stink, man. not stink like they are bad but they smell. not smell like sniff things but they have a terrible odor.

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,511 IQ
They smell worse than those piss reekin ocelots.

edit Sorry Baboo
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 8, 2012,
bloodtrocuted93
UG's Crack*****
104 IQ
Lol, awesome. They're pretty cute. I don't think I'd own one, but I'd take it for a walk. My friend's friend has a ferret that likes to jump in the shower with him.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Ew, they smell awful

Also, lol @ taking it for walks.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
eli7121
----
174 IQ
It depends on the smell, mine actually didn't stink. I took him for walks on car trips or whatever if he had to get out, but at home I trained him and let him out of his cage to run around for an hour or two a day and he was fine. He was pretty good compared to most though because some of them know how to **** shit up. He died like a month ago
----
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by BurningStarlV
Do not get a ferret. No one will ever want to visit your place of residence if they know you have a ferret. Even cats are better than ferrets, and I hate cats.

Bitches love ferrets. Fact.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i'd rather a legit weasel i could call "I M Weasel"

or a mongoose
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by BurningStarlV
I know some pretty gross trashy chicks who are into them, but even they are probably only in it for the felching.

Every girl I've ever seen with a ferret has been really trashy so that's what I associate them with.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
Yeah apparently they smell pretty bad. I have seen a guy walking a ferret on a leash though, it looked kind of strange, but after seeing this thread, i guess it's not an uncommon thing. Personally, i wouldn't like to own a ferret, just because of the smell, i would own a rat or something though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Dec 8, 2012,
Arfey McFeeshy
666 IQ
Ferrets smell like ammonia, but they are highly amusing. I used to have two of them, and I would put them on top of things and watch them get down. It usually ended up with them jumping and crashing to the ground. They're highly flexible and they like to create stashes of random items, most notably, shiny things.

I stuck them in the washing machine once, and put them on spin for a couple of seconds.
BLANKBLANK