Page 2 of 3
no.

why would i change my musical tastes because of what these dipshits say?

if i did, i i'd probably listen to lame shit like Gaslight Anthem.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
No. The pit has a boner for eletronic and awful indie music. These remain 2 of my least favorite genres ever.
Check out my band Disturbed
I wouldn't say so. My musical tastes have changed a bit since I've been here and I listen to stuff I never used to and stopped listening to certain things. But this forum had zero influence over that. It was more just me maturing over time and my tastes changing as a result.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
The bros in B&A dramatically shaped my tastes. I started posting there as I was growing out of shit music, and they definitely guided me into better and better shit.
No, but sometimes I wonder if I'm wrong to hate everything my friends like.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, but sometimes I wonder if I'm wrong to hate everything my friends like.

Yes you are ya pretentious fool!
Quote by JackalUK
Yes you are ya pretentious fool!

Out of every band I saw at Lollapalooza this year, I only liked three. I couldn't understand how anyone actually listened to the rest of the bands.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by StewieSwan
No. The pit has a boner for electronic and awful indie music. These remain 2 of my least favorite genres ever.

Do we?
Not really. Might've found a few new bands though but I have not based my opinion on genres/artists based on what The Pit thinks of it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by StewieSwan
No. The pit has a boner for eletronic and awful indie music. These remain 2 of my least favorite genres ever.

I was about to ask if you were drunk, but then I remembered your last thread...

No, the Pit doesn't. Generally it has a boner for "metal" bands such as Avenged Sevenfold etc. Of course there are exceptions, but I don't know a single UGer that likes Indie.
Quote by MH400

No, the Pit doesn't. Generally it has a boner for "metal" bands such as Avenged Sevenfold etc. Of course there are exceptions, but I don't know a single UGer that likes Indie.

Wasn't Avenged Sevenfold The Pit like 3 years ago?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JackalUK
Tremendous quantities of drugs & alcohol.

That's true. I was probably the only sober person there. It would also explain why girls are wearing 90s cutoff mom short and neon suspenders.

I miss the hell out of Teegman now. Melody is for sheep.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Dec 10, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Wasn't Avenged Sevenfold The Pit like 3 years ago?

Yes. Just like it was 5 years ago.
Nah, there was a thread just the other day asking what people thought of A7X and the response was overwhelmingly to shit on them.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Porcupine tree was pretty popular here for a couple months a few years ago. Never saw the appeal.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Ian_the_fox

I.e.: "I don't want to listen to *insert band/genre* because it's/they're insulted regularly in the Pit and I don't want to look like a dweeb."

I find it hard to believe that you let petty stuff like this bother you while you still stride around the pit dressed up as a fox.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by MH400

lol, wut

I get shit on constantly for liking them

Most people here think their musical tastes are the be all end all of any discussion.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I found out about a few cool bands on UG, but besides that

Quote by guitarninjaruy
No, I like what I like **** you

This.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by WCPhils
lol, wut

I get shit on constantly for liking them

Most people here think their musical tastes are the be all end all of any discussion.

They just don't like you I'm afraid.
as if
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by MH400
Generally it has a boner for "metal" bands such as Avenged Sevenfold

LOL

You are obviously an alien, because any pit goer would know that the pit hates Avenged and all of metalcore.
Lol, not even a little.

PP&E & Hardcore introduced me to a lot of my favourite bands though.

This place has made me more aware of just how much music is out there and how little of it I was exposing myself to. I've regularly checked out stuff that gets talked about here, but I don't think I've let this place actually talk me into liking something.
Quote by MH400

Haven't you ever set foot in the Where Do I Even Start thread?

I would like to see what happened if all Pitters put their last.fm accounts together. Who we listen to most and stuff. Probably Ke$ha.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
That's true. I was probably the only sober person there. It would also explain why girls are wearing 90s cutoff mom short and neon suspenders.

I miss the hell out of Teegman now. Melody is for sheep.

Teegman!

And Porcupine Tree is politically correct proggish stuff for white guys, which makes it perfect for us here in The Pit. Do think a couple of their songs are tasty though.
Last edited by frankv at Dec 10, 2012,
No.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Back when metal was the shit here (I remember there being a lot more fans, at least with no. of posts) I was inclined to listen to certain bands. Some bands stuck, most didn't because I can't really get into it. The pit influenced me, but didn't change my taste
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by JackalUK
They just don't like you I'm afraid.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Ian_the_fox

I.e.: "I don't want to listen to *insert band/genre* because it's/they're insulted regularly in the Pit and I don't want to look like a dweeb."

No, far better to listen to the opinions of random strangers, assign them actual value and base your actions on said opinions, thereby confirming your permanent status as a sheep...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Jyrgen
It has gotten me into Peripherray and Prostate Thm Heroes

Quote by Flying Couch
"If I had ten fucks before, and ten fucks now, how many fucks did I give?"

About summarizes what I think about the Pit's opinion on music taste.

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 10, 2012,
Avenged Sevenfold ain't been popular in the pit for years. The pit likes really shitty Hip-Hop now I think. I dunno.
Quote by gothblade
Still a metalhead. The pit didn't even make a dent :P

I'll make a dent in you
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------