Page 1 of 2
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Do you prefer your musicians to be attractive and cool-looking?

In a lot of genres, like Rock, Pop, Electronic, etc. generally the musicians are in shape and moderately attractive. There are some exceptions (Adele), and the famous people aren't necessarily George Clooney, but they're not ugly, either. Metal is one of those genres where you guys listen to some ugly dudes.

I personally don't like admitting it, but I do care how my musicians look a little bit. I'd be disappointed if I heard a track by an artist I'd never heard of, and I loved the track, but the musician looked like this.
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,027 IQ
not at all
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Enigmatic564
518 IQ
Not very much
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
It's not a reason to not listen to them but it's an added bonus if they're beautiful or look cool as hell doing their thing.
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
1,337 IQ
I listen to bands with dudes that look like women in them.

So no.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
278 IQ
If it's a female they have to be smoking to compensate for their lack of talent, if it's a guy he just has to not look like a serial pedophile.
Skullivan
EG Fan aka Bandwagoner
1,556 IQ
First sentence in OP is like asking if you prefer your food to look good, or look like shit.
It's weird because you have artists that look attractive (see: Katy Perry) ones that...well (see: Lemmy Kilmister) and then there's weird ones (see: David Bowie), so attractiveness isn't the only factor taken into account. Obviously I'll be a little disappointed if I can't fap to them, but I won't not listen to someone because his/her physical appearance doesn't appeal to me.
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks
2,920 IQ
I was going to talk about how I didn't like how freddie mercuries looks but still found him amazing and looked it up on google to pull an image and got this

Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 9, 2012,
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
I can't say I don't at all, but its definitely not the biggest reason I like bands by a long shot.

That said, I don't watch Lights videos on youtube just for the music.
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour
613 IQ
like (@)(@) this much.
Welcome! Now do yourself a favor and run away. Run as far away from gear forums as is humaly possible! If you follow this advice, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about the guy who saved you from yourself.

Bad Kharmel
167 IQ
I'm not sure if it matters, the Rolling Stones are a huge thing and they all looked like gargoyles
fanapathy
B-Tuned
1,983 IQ
Wat

I don't think I've thought about this before
Also, I usually have no idea which men are handsome and which are ugly
I care about the music, they can have whatever clothing style or physical appearance they want
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
It's not a reason to not listen to them but it's an added bonus if they're beautiful or look cool as hell doing their thing.

This.
sashki
6,586 IQ
It doesn't affect how much I like the band, but if I see a picture of a band I haven't listened to, I can usually make an educated guess on what they might sound like.
Crazyedd123
Seeking electricity
2,158 IQ
Not really.
When you listen to prog rock, you don't have much of a choice in good-looking musicians.

Also, I hate bands that seem to have alot of their fame based on sex appeal. Just not my scene.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
skylerjames13
Dude
2,068 IQ
But Adele is attractive.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Quote by skylerjames13
But Adele is photoshopped.

Fix'd.

Hi Skylaaaaarr
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,633 IQ
Adele just needs to lose some weight, she's got nice cheekbones.

It doesn't matter to me much, I've got artists in my library who I don't even know what they look like.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Dec 10, 2012,
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i do and don't.

i don't like people that look like they're trying way too hard to have an image, but on the other hand i totally like bands who are blatantly going for an image with costumes and stuff. (Devo etc.)
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
DonGlover
Occultist
168 IQ
0%

I don't like going to live music, so I don't ever have to see them anyway. If they made awesome music but looked like terrible scene youngsters, I might question their taste in fashion, but that would be completely separate from my enjoyment of the music.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,012 IQ
My favorite musician ever looks like this:
666atheist666
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
i have no idea what most of my favorite musicians look like

so nope
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Like I said, I'm not saying you care if the musicians look as handsome as George Clooney, but would it bother you guys if your favorite musicians looked liked the pick in OP?
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
Nope. They could be a walking potato and I wouldn't really care.

Quote by MH400
I'd bang Adele

God help you if you did. You'd probably have 2 or 3 albums written about you.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Elderer
UG Member
1,208 IQ
I hate those who say they dont care how they look on stage. Then why the **** I should care about you?? I like. musicians with some image-Muse,Jack White
JackalUK
979 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
Like I said, I'm not saying you care if the musicians look as handsome as George Clooney, but would it bother you guys if your favorite musicians looked liked the pick in OP?

I've listened to bands where they all look like the OP pic. Who gives a monkeys banana hammock? If it sounds good I like it. I also listen to a little bit of '-core' bands these days and half of them look like complete tools.
devourke
Banned
843 IQ
Quote by Elderer
I hate those who say they dont care how they look on stage. Then why the **** I should care about you??

i have no idea why anyone would care about what a musician sounds like lol.

edit: muther****ing keep getting the last post on the page. shit dicks.
Last edited by devourke at Dec 10, 2012,