1,725 IQ
this is awesome. I still love Ellie Goulding, I don't even care
SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game
798 IQ
I have nothing to say

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

salempc
32 IQ
Quote by SteveHouse
I have nothing to say

dont make me beg
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
What do you expect from music that is meant to be danceable?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I wish this was like an hour and a half so I could play it at a d-d-d-dance party.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
c3powil
on a coconut estate
4,180 IQ
I don't get it. Pop music is just music that happens to be popular in our modern culture. You could make mashups in any genre with 100's of songs. You cant expect every song in the world, or even in a single genre to be structured differently and be in a different key.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
AnAngrySquirrel
125 IQ
Actually enjoyed that. Any genre of music can be mashed up like that though
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Sounds pretty awesome, and slightly made me crave heading to the su and downing seven snakebites...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
The only good mashup next to thomas the tank engine and biggie smalls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vv2EhpEK0
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pop comes from a can or bottle though

I had to think for a few seconds what the hell the post meant because this is exactly what I thought.

Also pop music is great.
Jonny92
I am the afro man.
566 IQ
Quote by c3powil
I don't get it. Pop music is just music that happens to be popular in our modern culture. You could make mashups in any genre with 100's of songs. You cant expect every song in the world, or even in a single genre to be structured differently and be in a different key.

Not necessarily. I doubt many genres have the consistent production style that pop music has. Yeah obviously certain genres will be musically similar and could be mashed together and work in terms of notes etc, but it wouldn't sound as flawless and "samey" as pop does, because pretty much every pop track in that mash up had almost exactly the same production style.

For example if you tried to do that with metal, the tone of the guitars and drums would change constantly. Even if the music still fits, the actual sound wouldn't. One of the key factors of pop music is the production, that's why so much of it sounds the same.

Bro.

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
MAC2322
UG's Twilight Sparkle
59 IQ
I did quite enjoy that, although it's pretty funny that it all fits so cleanly.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Seeming that people are posting other mash ups I'll post one I like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Kk_DHKIwA
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
Something of a tangential rant, but it annoys me how people criticize pop songs following similar progressions as unoriginal, when to be consistent you'd have to do the same for rock, jazz, and blues.
Ahteh
no
488 IQ
If I were a DJ I'd put this on and pretend I was livemixing it.
c3powil
on a coconut estate
4,180 IQ
Quote by Jonny92
Not necessarily. I doubt many genres have the consistent production style that pop music has. Yeah obviously certain genres will be musically similar and could be mashed together and work in terms of notes etc, but it wouldn't sound as flawless and "samey" as pop does, because pretty much every pop track in that mash up had almost exactly the same production style.

For example if you tried to do that with metal, the tone of the guitars and drums would change constantly. Even if the music still fits, the actual sound wouldn't. One of the key factors of pop music is the production, that's why so much of it sounds the same.

Bro.

Metalcore, djent, black metal, death metal etc... You're telling me that none of these genres have similar sounding tracks from different bands?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by c3powil
Metalcore, djent, black metal, death metal etc... You're telling me that none of these genres have similar sounding tracks from different bands?

Similar doesn't equal the same, or even close. For most of the genres you listed (except maybe Metalcore), the production can be similar but very different. Try doing some basic mixing sometime. That doesn't even account for the huge stylistic differences between, say..."Death Metal" and "Black Metal".

The same cannot be said of pop music. Pop music tends to be very simplistic; thus, very easy to manipulate.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 10, 2012,