Colorado legalizes marijuana; two CU students feed pot brownies to class

Page 2 of 4
Quote by Bad Kharmel
Yeah, I'm a student at CU right now, after 420 last year (it was a police state) I guarantee these kids are screwed, also under the provisions of amendment 64 it makes marijuana regulated like alcohol, in Colorado it used to be if you had weed regardless of age, it was a $50 fine, but now if you're under 21 you'll get hauled to detox and have to take $500 dollar drug and alcohol classes and get a few points against your license

I don't understand why, this had nothing to do with driving or their license in any way. How does this prove they are bad drivers?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
I don't understand why, this had nothing to do with driving or their license in any way. How does this prove they are bad drivers?

it doesn't, its always been weird here, you get screwed for an MIP, but for weed you get nothing
Quote by primusfan
if that happened, those kids had entirely too much marijuana to waste on a prank.

they probably went to the hospital because they didn't know what was happening. here's a list of things i've thought while i KNEW i was stoned:

- i'm having a heart attack.
- i'm dying of dehydration/starvation
- i think i killed someone
- i can't remember what just happened
- what was i saying?
- i always feel like somebody's watching me
- i'm having a heart attack
- i have no idea where i am and i need to call the police to come get me

It's never happened to me, but being high when you have no idea you're high must be absolutely scary.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
This shit is NOT cool. Colorado is supposed to be making a good example of their new legislation. People need to take this more seriously instead of thinking it's party time, and everything is going to be alright.

If more stuff like this happens it's going to wreck the legalization movement. I hope those dumbshits go to prison for a long time.

Basically came to say this.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
"Anybody who thinks this is cute, anybody who thinks this was funny, is going to face pretty serious sanctions, both criminally and potentially within the student conduct process," said CU spokesman Bronson Hilliard.

Students can face criminal charges just for thinking something's funny? Jesus, if they're that harsh with people just for thinking, what the hell are they gonna do to those who actualy carried out the prank?
I find it difficult to believe, having eaten my fair share of pot brownies in my time at CU, that you could ingest one of these things without realizing what it was. They do not taste like regular brownies at all, and if you're someone who has ever smoked marijuana (which, if you go to CU, is more than likely) you know right from the first bite what it is that you're eating. And even if you don't smoke or have never smoked, you would know immediately that they are not regular brownies. That being said, it was still a monumentally stupid (if rather hilarious) thing to do, and the asses who carried out the prank are pretty screwed.

Even with all that, though, I don't think it's really as big a deal as some people in this thread are making it out to be.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Freaking hell, I'm all for pranking innocent random people, but that's just not safe or tasteful.
Quote by MAC2322
I find it difficult to believe, having eaten my fair share of pot brownies in my time at CU, that you could ingest one of these things without realizing what it was. They do not taste like regular brownies at all, and if you're someone who has ever smoked marijuana (which, if you go to CU, is more than likely) you know right from the first bite what it is that you're eating. And even if you don't smoke or have never smoked, you would know immediately that they are not regular brownies. That being said, it was still a monumentally stupid (if rather hilarious) thing to do, and the asses who carried out the prank are pretty screwed.

Even with all that, though, I don't think it's really as big a deal as some people in this thread are making it out to be.

IDK if you are at CU and didn't fail out as a freshmen, its a good chance you aren't too familiar with the difference between normal and pot brownies
Quote by MAC2322

Having people unknowingly ingest a drug is a pretty big deal. Doesn't matter if it's a roofie or THC, you just don't do that.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by MAC2322

They probably just thought they were really bad brownies, but they were too nice to say anything.
B|-----------------MEEDLY
G|-----------------------------MOODLY
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------WEE
A|DUN-DUN-----------------------------------------DEEWOP
E|DUN-DUN-------------------------------DOON
I always thought one could taste weed in most any edible.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by TSmitty6
I always thought one could taste weed in most any edible.

Unless of course, you had never had it and had no idea what it tasted like?

Or is that too far out a suggestion?
Quote by JackalUK
Unless of course, you had never had it and had no idea what it tasted like?

Or is that too far out a suggestion?

far out maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

but yeah. i've eaten plenty of weed brownies before and even i might not be able to tell.

i'd be like, "well this is a mediocre brownie"

then an hour later i'd be like "fuck."
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
This is why we can't have nice things...
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Well, like the guy said before, it would taste like shit. Or at least it would taste unlike any brownie they had before. I'm not defending the act, but I am calling most of the victims naive. Not that being naive is somehow bad, it just means they are naive. I mean, it's like being scammed. Blame the scammers, not the naive. Same here of course.

I think their reactions were normal though. I know I'd freak out. Idk if anyone mentioned it, but you can actually be an occasional or even an experienced smoker, eating weed is a whole different animal and it can get you high as balls. For one, it involves more of your body. It creeps up on you, gradually getting you high, where as smoking you're high right away.

I just hope the media/gov't or whoever doesn't exploit the exploits of a few and generate more propaganda. People sometimes remember the lamest stories and use those as a bogus generalization for something they know nothing about.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Even if the brownies tasted different from normal brownies, why would they think something shady was going on? Perhaps they used a weird recipe, or something went wrong. Unless you're good friends, most people wouldn't call you out for having weird tasting brownies, they would finish to be nice.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't know if it shows weed is inherently bad, but I think it does show America isn't mature enough to handle legalized marijuana responsibly and it should stay illegal for at least a few more decades.

^ Bullshit, the two kids that pulled this dick move do not represent our entire country. People drop shit in food or drink anywhere you go. GTFO!
Last edited by DoubleBassCrash at Dec 10, 2012,
Quote by TSmitty6
Well, like the guy said before, it would taste like shit. Or at least it would taste unlike any brownie they had before. I'm not defending the act, but I am calling most of the victims naive. Not that being naive is somehow bad, it just means they are naive.

I disagree.
Someone is considered as 'naive' if they don't have what is considered as 'common knowledge' about something. Knowing what cannabis tastes like is hardly something that we could regard as common knowledge because most people have never tasted it.

Personaly, I've eaten lots of stuff made with cannabis over the years and although it may alter the normal taste of something, I wouldn't describe it's taste as unpleasant so I see no reason to believe that the cannabis laced brownies in question would have definately tasted unpleasant.
i dont care what you guys think, this is hilarious
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Am I the only one that doesn't think this has much to do with the legalisation of weed? They drugged their classmates without their knowledge. That's clearly illegal regardless of whether it was weed or any other drug in the mix.

It's like saying someone going and intentionally burning someone with a lit joint says anything at all about the legalisation of this drug.

What they did was illegal and stupid quite separate from any considerations about the particular drug used.
Quote by Nelsean
It's never happened to me, but being high when you have no idea you're high must be absolutely scary.

Not if you're high.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Quote by Dynamight
Not if you're high.

youve never been high
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
It's about time everyone everywhere in the Free world legalised pot.

I mean wtf, it's 2012, and everyone knows it's only illegal because of some timber industry thing.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
****ing idiots. Throw their asses in jail, lives are ruined, they've got it coming to them. Cannabis users are known for adeptly titrating their own doses, feeding an unsuspecting class pot laced brownies bypasses any sort of titrating. Too much, although not lethal, can easily lead to severe dizziness, confusion, panic attacks, paranoia, nausea, fainting, and blackouts. Being stuck in a comatose haze and wanting to puke your guts out while incoherent thoughts race through your mind at 10000 km/h is no fun whatsoever.
They probably thought it would be fun, with everyone getting high at the same moment, everyone getting the giggles and having a relaxed time.

However, I am pretty sure most people, probably including me, would lose their collective shits when they suddenly start getting high without even knowing what the hell is happening or why it is happening. I'm sure most people would think they were getting some serious, bad illness.

Conclusion: terrible idea. Borderline stupid.
How do people get sick from space cakes? Get over yourself, you're high, you're not dying ffs. People freak out too much.

That being said however, this was a dick move on their part and they deserve to be punished but I hate how anytime this happens, these people were 'victims' and they fell 'ill'. I'd think getting free pot and brownies is a pretty nice gift, don't you think?
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
How do people get sick from space cakes? Get over yourself, you're high, you're not dying ffs. People freak out too much.

That being said however, this was a dick move on their part and they deserve to be punished but I hate how anytime this happens, these people were 'victims' and they fell 'ill'. I'd think getting free pot and brownies is a pretty nice gift, don't you think?

Not everyone likes being high, and also we don't know how high they were. IDGAF how much you think you can smoke, when you get to a point you will freak out.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Could someone clarify to this European, what exactly do Class 4 felony and class 5 felony mean? How does the system work there?
Quote by Carnivean
Yes. It hasn't changed that, however, it's gonna be a big ol' pain in the rump for the employer once somebody gets fired/not hired after testing positive for THC.

IIRC, the legislation specifically indemnifies employers from this type of thing, and allows them to continue to fire or not hire based on drug screens, even for pot.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that, since it gives an employer the right to tell you that you can't perform a legal act on your own time?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Cb4rabid

I'd think getting free pot and brownies is a pretty nice gift, don't you think?

Good lord, you're an idiot.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
****in' Boulder, CO.

But seriously, 3 people were hospitalized from pot brownies? I hope they're just lactose intolerant.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Cb4rabid

Ingestion is often quite a bit more intense than smoking, and lasts a good deal longer too. It's not unheard of for people to have really physical reactions to Cannabis, I had a flatmate who developed such a racing pulse on one occasion that you could actually see the throbbing of her Jugular vein even when she was sitting normally. It was extremely frightening for her, she really did think she was going to die, and was fortunate that there were people around to calm her down a bit. That would be horrible if she hadn't known what was happening because someone had dosed her without her knowledge.

Cannabis is a particularly stupid drug to do this with as it effects different people in such different ways and often depends so much on dose.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ingestion is often quite a bit more intense than smoking, and lasts a good deal longer too. It's not unheard of for people to have really physical reactions to Cannabis, I had a flatmate who developed such a racing pulse on one occasion that you could actually see the throbbing of her Jugular vein even when she was sitting normally. It was extremely frightening for her, she really did think she was going to die, and was fortunate that there were people around to calm her down a bit. That would be horrible if she hadn't known what was happening because someone had dosed her without her knowledge.

Cannabis is a particularly stupid drug to do this with as it effects different people in such different ways and often depends so much on dose.

If it was in her neck and throbbing, it was probably the carotid artery and not the jugular vein
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
If it was in her neck and throbbing, it was probably the carotid artery and not the jugular vein

This is true, and also embarrassing given that I am currently sitting here studying for a Bio exam tomorrow and could have looked it up

But ya, I've never seen anything like it with her, her heart was absolutely racing for quite some time. If it weren't for the fact that the stuff she'd smoked came from a guy we all knew we would have assumed it was dodgy.
A doctor friend of mine mentioned that back when we had headshops here they saw a lot of that stuff as people got the normal physical side-effects of Cannabinoids but weren't confident of their safety and went to the Hospital rather than chance it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
This is why we can't have nice things...those two kids deserve all the shit coming to them, what asshats.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell