Colorado legalizes marijuana; two CU students feed pot brownies to class

Page 3 of 4
Why the **** would that be a felony. They didn't hurt anybody. Getting someone high without their consent is ****ed up but its just weed. We don't need to act like a bunch of children and lock people up in a cage over it.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Why the **** would that be a felony. They didn't hurt anybody. Getting someone high without their consent is ****ed up but its just weed. We don't need to act like a bunch of children and lock people up in a cage over it.

3 People would beg to disagree that they did not hurt anybody.
It most definitely deserves legal punishment.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by guitarhero_764

What if one of the unwitting students had driven? What if one of them had a sensitive stomach condition? What if one of them had a heart condition (weed makes your heart beat like crazy). What if they're were allergic? What if one of the students was a mentally disabled kid and, after eating the brownie, went bonkers and destroyed some shit or something?

Weed is lovely, but in this case, it's no different than feeding people poisoned brownies.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
edit: ^ If I was there I would have called them assholes. But taking away years from their lives in a prison cell is infinitely more ****ed up than this.

Quote by FoolOnThePlanet

It most definitely deserves legal punishment.
No it doesn't. These are just college kids that are pulling a prank, they do not pose a threat to society at all.
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Dec 10, 2012,
Some of the responses in this thread make me question if smoking weed really does turn people into complete ****ing morons.

I smoke it occasionally, but I would kick my own ass if I ever caught myself saying some of the idiotic things I've read in this thread.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by guitarhero_764
No it doesn't. These are just college kids that are pulling a prank, they do not pose a threat to society at all.

gonna have to agree. but i thinks the judge will work out a deal with the school.. like explusion or something. that's how this kinda stuff usually goes down, yeah?
It's like some of y'all have never even seen Reefer Madness. Weed is a killer.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by jetfuel495
inb4 one of the victims was straight edge and da crew comes and throws down inside their parents houses

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
To everybody saying that this doesn't really constitute hurting them, I think you are vastly underestimating the effects that cannabis can have, especially on the unsuspecting and in such a large dose as an edible tends to contain. I smoke regularly and a brownie is still enough to have me tripping balls most of the day, and while I'm familiar enough with being high to avoid the unpleasant freakouts and paranoia that can occur on larger doses, I have no doubt that having such a high level of THC suddenly thrust upon you, especially if you're not a frequent smoker (and double especially here in Boulder, where our weed is so goddamn good), would cause somebody to panic. So yeah, it was a dick move, and although I definitely don't think these kids should get jail time for a mostly innocuous (as far as things that are considered felonies go) prank, to say that it was harmless is just stupid.

That being said, I think this would be a hilarious prank to play on your friends, provided you were all at least somewhat familiar with being high, because a bad trip is no fun for anybody.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Not all brownies have the same potency. I've had some really weak ones. Actually I don't remember ever eating one that had me "tripping." The only time I trip from weed is when I combine it with other drugs.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Not all brownies have the same potency. I've had some really weak ones. Actually I don't remember ever eating one that had me "tripping." The only time I trip from weed is when I combine it with other drugs.

Didn't happen to him.

Couldn't have happened to the students and prof.

Its a setup.

/caseclosed
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by guitarhero_764

They demonstrably did harm someone. I'm generally against Prison Sentences unless absolutely necessary, but there certainly should be some punishment; a hefty fine or community service would suffice.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Wow. I feel bad for the people who ate those, because edibles can be awfully potent. Especially if you have a low tolerance. And for the people who don't smoke in that class, they were probably genuinely scared and had every right to be.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Darwin would disagree...if they are stupid enough to pull this "prank" they are stupid enough to do worse things in my opinion. This is just plain asenine. It's not a matter of weed or illegality of the drug, its a matter that they essentially poisoned their whole class. If you are as educated or experienced as you seem, you should know that some people don't react well to weed. Like the person who had panic attacks.
And as someone else said, what if they had driven or had a drug test for an important job or internship or something. They didn't tell them even after that they did it, so who knows what lasting effect could have done for the rest of the high that they were on.

EDIT: And yeah, like I said, legal action should be taken. I'm not saying lock them up, but they need to realize what asshats they were to make such a stupid decision.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by guitarhero_764
No I'm just saying we don't know how potent the brownies were.

Who cares. They fed a drug to an unknowing group. Penicillin is a totally legal drug, and most people take it without any side effects. That doesn't mean I can mash it up in some brownies and feed it to people without them knowing. What if it was only a little bit? Who cares. I'm sure somebody would have gotten hurt or killed. What about alcohol? Nobody gets hurt from a little booze, right? So it's cool if I mix some in the water cooler?

It doesn't matter that it was "just weed." They were idiots who slipped drugs to people. You can't let that slide.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
If it was legal it was just as bad as getting your class drunk with out telling them, they
"spiked the punch"
they put Reefer in them there brownies.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
I've been to where that happened! It's beautiful, and people really do only smoke pot there. It consumes like 95% of their free time.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Bushinarin
I've been to where that happened! It's beautiful, and people really do only smoke pot there. It consumes like 95% of their free time.

Just like 2 of my 3 colleges I smoked pot at.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
See America! Your loose morals has caused people to come into harm! Are you happy now!?!
Let the sin begin.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by guitarhero_764

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime and college pranks generally seem to be exclusively criminal.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by guitarhero_764

Bad trips are ****ed horrible, and it's probably even worse when you don't even know what the **** is happening.
"Anybody who thinks this is cute, anybody who thinks this was funny, is going to face pretty serious sanctions, both criminally and potentially within the student conduct process," said CU spokesman Bronson Hilliard.

Criminal sanctions for finding this funny?
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
*has bake sale for children*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Some of the replies in this thread.... jesus christ..... How do you manage to survive day to day living?
my dad once thought i put drugs in something in the fridge because he got sick or something one day.

he asked me and i said "why the **** would i waste my drugs on you?"

since then, i've been meaning to make a big plate of regular old not drug brownies, leave them in the fridge, and wait for him to eat some so i can be all "oh man. you didn't eat those brownies did you?"
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
This is just like the time UG got spoilers and everyone decided it was best to get super annoying with them and put spoilers in spoilers in spoilers. Quit abusing your privileges you annoying fucks.
Quote by OneHappyCamper
Criminal sanctions for finding this funny?

They're dealing with a real 'no-nonsense' judge.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I can't believe there are people ITT trying to say this was okay and that being drugged against your will is something to simply laugh off
umm pretty sure it's a normal rule that no drugs of any kind are allowed on school property

this is ridiculous though what a prank
Is it possible to be allergic to weed, or any of the stuff found in it?
It would've made sense to put only a tiny amount of weed in the brownies, so that the effects would be negligable, yet still there.

Everyone has a good time!
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by StewieSwan
It's Boulder, bro. Nuff said.

Couldn't have asked for a better first post.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)