Page 1 of 3
HoneyboyHart
60 IQ
It's tough keeping a band together. There are reasons why?

Let's start a list of reasons and see if we can learn how to avoid these issues in our next band.

I'll start...

1. The lead singer was a jerk

2. We all weren't at the same skill level
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
90 IQ
I was a cunt.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
40 IQ
No gigs, sex, drugs, the usual.

Damn groupies, loved them, got IN THE WAY.

and then it evolved and mutated slowly then quickly into hangers on and shit and just random people and their GFs and who ever, and all that drugs, it's like a mind **** just thinking about it.

Good ol' Scream Studios.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
brownshirt1
10 IQ
We broke up because our agent convinced our front man he was better off without us. So he left us and went on to become a successful solo artist.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
668 IQ
Because the drummer got stabbed.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Insanity ninja
UG's resident potwash.
90 IQ
The singer was into pop, the other guitarist was a grunge man, the bassist just sat on top of his amp all the time, I was into rock and the drummer just did whatever the **** he wanted.
Silverburst
PrintedReal
10 IQ
No one was motivated to do anything with it after we lost our space to rehearse. It kinda all fell apart before we even began to go anywhere.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
40 IQ
We never made it past the writing stage and, couldn't decide much on the covers, I think we got one, and I had to learn it, but I did and we played it (with my drummer, of course). - Manson's Sweet Dreams.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
TheNameOfNoone
Buckethead's Right Hand
336 IQ
I was the egomaniac-istic solo guitarist.
And drummer couldn't count to 8.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
tukk04
UG's Neil Young
101 IQ
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
I was the egomaniac-istic solo guitarist.
And drummer couldn't count to 8.

Can any of em?

But seriously I have massive respect for good drummers, but if a drummer isn't pretty good, he probably sucks. There rarely seems to be an inbetween.
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
250 IQ
Singer decided to change the bands genre from being a thrash metal to a southern rock genre, needless to say since we are from new jersey that didn't go well....
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Scottorocker
10 IQ
I got really drunk and was kicked out of the venue we were supposed to play, this eventually led to us just giving up... still really good friends with them all except the singer, we never really liked him.
Studebaker Hoch
10 IQ
The bassist/singer was always late for rehersals and was an egomaniac
The lead guitarist discovered he had stage 4 lung cancer.
The drummer was always too drunk and high to even keep a beat.
Some of the practices were fun but never really productive.
RetroGunslinger
100 IQ
Drummer was shit and we had conflicting musical tastes, we're all still mates though and are now living in the same house so we may give it another shot
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
210 IQ
In my first and most serious band we broke up after College.

It was bummer. All 3 of us lived in a house together and met at art school. I put up a notice my first week looking for a drummer and he ended up being a great friend. We played clubs and had parties, wrote songs, just loved it. Then when we graduated we all got jobs and GFs and it stayed together for a year or so. Sad. Now I live thousands of miles from there.
edmodo23
Banned
50 IQ
The bassist sucks ass and we would kick him out but we get free food because of him.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
I never really had a band that did anything. In high school, me and a few friends messed around with forming a band. We even met a few times, and gave ourselves a name (which I've since taken, since I wrote most of the song material). As a result, "Insane Funeral" is now my solo project. I've finally decided to stop sitting on my ass with all the songs I have and actually do some DIY recording.
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
50 IQ
Drummer spent more time at Drumline than in practice, and the singer let his girlfriend make his schedule for him.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
whoomit
375 IQ
Quote by edmodo23
The bassist sucks ass and we would kick him out but we get free food because of him.

sound reasoning
Wolfinator-x
;
355 IQ
We always had trouble with band members. Drummers are completely nonexistent in the area, and college started, so we all got caught up in that shit. Besides, we were all of different skill levels and we just flat-out sucked and had little to no chemistry as bandmates.

We're still good chums, however.
bdof
Very Kissable
240 IQ
Quote by Pitwulf
Everybody saw it as a joke except for me

Know that feeling....

Last one was a Cover Band in Las Vegas. It broke up because I had to serve my country in Charlottesville VA of all places....
They kept going for a few practices, but they all quit within a month.
The shitty part was, despite feeling sad about it for them....I felt this ego-maniacal twang of pleasure that I was THAT important to them that we could go strong for 8 months, and then it falls apart when I leave

Current one is great, except that we don't have a Real lead guitarist nor a bassist.
We sound like a mix of LoG, Machine Head, a touch of Hatebreed, and a pinch of Slayer and we already have 9 original songs in 4 months.
Last edited by bdof at Dec 10, 2012,
soXlittleXtimeX
Woot! Woot!
221 IQ
The band I had with a bunch of my college buddies just parted ways.

One got married and moved away, while another moved away for an internship. Someone joined the military, and me and the other both left for different places to finish school.

We still keep in touch though, and we'll most likely get together and jam if we're ever all in the same city at once.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Crimson.King
50 IQ
1st band: The drummer began having an affair with the guitarists wife
2nd band: The guitarist (same as above) got a new girlfriend and moved to Oregon
3rd band: The drummer (same as above) hated King Crimson, Queen, & Random Hold
CurtR95
228 IQ
Rhythm Guitarist was a jerk... Made shit up about me. Told him to shove it basically after the 5th time and the band never had a practice again after that, being the only bassist they knew. Felt like a ego heavy jerk for a while too
FoolOnThePlanet
Listen to the pillows
220 IQ
No one had time for practice, we didn't get a second PA system after our first one broke, no one was dedicated enough to finish writing songs after someone brought in an idea or something...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major
143 IQ
There were several reasons leading towards our bands demise. First and foremost I'd say that our singer didn't actually like any of our music, so f*ck if I know why he even wanted to stay in the band. He hardly ever showed up to rehearsal. We had trouble getting everybody together every week, a lot of time only two or three of us would be there.

We had a lot of sound issues, but I don't think that directly caused us to break up, it just made us less motivated, because we knew no matter what we did, it would just kinda sound like crap. (It wasn't the songs, it was just our gear mostly.)

We had some ego trouble. I was the "Every song needs 3 guitar solos" lead guitarist, our bassist would always turn up his amp so that he was the loudest, and he only shreds on the bass, even if its an acoustic ballad. (Several years later he's still barely getting over that.) Our drummer always played as loud as physically possible, which was really only a problem at gigs. And our singer didn't like the parts I wrote for him, but refused to write his own because he didn't like the music. The only one who didn't have a problem was our rhythm guitarist, but sometimes he would just refuse to play.

The final nail in the coffin was our drummer moving to Pennsylvania, but really we hadn't played for half a year when he left. That just keeps us from getting back together, because I think we've all matured a lot now.
Enigmatic564
40 IQ
The bassist, drummer, and rhythm guitarist were all stoners. The lead guitarist hated drugs. Now the lead and,rhythm guitarist are writing 80's glam.rock

EDIT: Stupid phone. And v
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Last edited by Enigmatic564 at Dec 10, 2012,
thePTOD
UG Fanatic
200 IQ
The vocalist and I (the lead guitarist) moved across the state in opposite directions to go to college. We decided to end the band since we'd never get to practice more than like 5 times in 4 months and we lacked that amount of obsessive compulsive ambition.

Basically college. That was all it was.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
damian_91
223 IQ
The bassist couldn't tune to drop G#.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Mahoru
Master's Apprentice
30 IQ
The singer was involved in a very serious car crash a couple of years ago. He was irreplaceable, I doubt he'll be fully recovered someday
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
230 IQ
Quote by damian_91
The bassist couldn't tune to drop G#.

We had the same problem with our bassist, except for we needed him to tune to drop E. We now play without a bass guitar in our music.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
Page 1 of 3