Page 1 of 2
This has probably been posted before but it's been a while and it can be introduced plenty of the uninitiated:

www.futuretimeline.com

fascinating stuff....but mostly just scary.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yep, definitely been posted before, but way too cool for it to not be posted again.
*your ad here*
Quote by whywefight
'part fact, part fiction' - what?

It's like if I tell you that I am a girl. It's partly fact, but partly fiction.
*your ad here*
Quote by theogonia777
It's like if I tell you that I am a girl. It's partly fact, but partly fiction.

You might be the most confusing user on this site
In 2010 Apple's gonna debut something called an "iPad," well now I've heard everything.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by Mr Winters
So basically everyone will be plugged into a computer 24/7? Not cool.

That's what I'm sayin'...

how are people not shitting their pants over this apparently impending technological doom that will render humans obsolete in the next couple of decades?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
And it goes on...apparently everyone will be more robot than human (gaining inmortality), and we are going to turn every single object in space into a giant supercomputer to form an intergalactic network and whatnot...Basically biological life becomes obsolete and unnecessary. We ain't humans anymore.

This is cool science-fiction stuff, and I know it's just that, but it's seriously depressing to think this could be the direction humanity is headed to.
I have no sig
Quote by Xiaoxi

how are people not shitting their pants over this apparently impending technological doom that will render humans obsolete in the next couple of decades?

it sounds kinda comfy bro
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Very negative website. Some of the predictions are interesting, while others seem to force a trend to make doom appear more imminent.

For example

It looks like someone drew that trendline by guessing in Microsoft Paint.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Thank **** I haven't been born into the future. Immortality is some scary shit, I can't think of anything worse.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Immortality is some scary shit, I can't think of anything worse.

i think it'd be interesting. Everlasting health, to be more precise.
As long as everything goes the way Roddenberry wanted, that is.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Live with me if you want to come.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A lot of the things past the near future seem like a stretch, I feel like it's like how they thought we'd be flying everywhere with jetpacks by now in the '50s. Very interesting regardless, reminds me of that Futurama episode where they go through time up to like 10,000,000,000, one of my favorites.

West Antarctica is among the fastest growing areas in the world

This is spectacular! West Antartica? I shouldn't have skipped ot 2092, I want to see how we started a "West Antartica" to begin with. THAT PLACE IS NOT HOSPITABLE!
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Quote by Hydra150
i think it'd be interesting. Everlasting health, to be more precise.
As long as everything goes the way Roddenberry wanted, that is.

Maybe the first thousand years would be cool, even the next 10,000. But then you've got a googolplex of years to endure, and still eternity after. Existence would become an eternally enduring hell from which you'd have no escape.

The only way I could tolerate it is if our consciousness 'refreshed' itself after a couple of thousand years, at most.
This site basically says that our generation will live forever. Unfortunately, that means most of you twats will live forever.

But on the plus side, you guys get to listen to me talk about the Leafs for an eternity. Muahahahaha!
Quote by TooktheAtrain

The only way I could tolerate it is if our consciousness 'refreshed' itself after a couple of thousand years, at most.

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by AeroRocker
Very negative website. Some of the predictions are interesting, while others seem to force a trend to make doom appear more imminent.

For example

It looks like someone drew that trendline by guessing in Microsoft Paint.

I don't understand this trend. Carbon Dioxide emissions and pollution from industry have been around for over a century now. Why are the negative effects only beginning to show now?
Quote by BeastModeEngage
This is spectacular! West Antartica? I shouldn't have skipped ot 2092, I want to see how we started a "West Antartica" to begin with. THAT PLACE IS NOT HOSPITABLE!

Did you read the whole thing? It says that due to global warming Antarctica will become hotter (relatively speaking, of course, it will still be cold as fuck, like north Scandinavia cold) and eventually habitable.
I have no sig
Last edited by Mr Winters at Dec 10, 2012,
What's really scaring is the missing of Half Life 3 on that list. I checked all the way to 2015.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by sashki
I don't understand this trend. Carbon Dioxide emissions and pollution from industry have been around for over a century now. Why are the negative effects only beginning to show now?

it's a fairly complicated system involving not only the atomosphere and the sun but also the ocean. greenhouse gas emissions have a bit of a snowballing effect that occurs over a long period. if we suddenly stop emitting greenhouse gases right now, we'd still observe warming for a long period.

also i'd so 60-80% of the stuff on that website was pretty dumb.
Interesting. I skimmed through the whole thing. Makes me glad to be here right now.
Click here

Quote by Guodlca
What's really scaring is the missing of Half Life 3 on that list. I checked all the way to 2015.

It just barely missed it. It actually comes out in the year 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,000,000,000,000,000,000 AD.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Maybe the first thousand years would be cool, even the next 10,000. But then you've got a googolplex of years to endure, and still eternity after. Existence would become an eternally enduring hell from which you'd have no escape.

How do you know you won't be able to tolerate it once you are immortal?
Who says suddenly being tolerant to eternity won't be a side effect of immortality? Specially if we are immortal because of technology and AI and shit.

Also, It'd be funny if that "prophecy" actually comes true because every scientist/politician wants it to become true and start working towards it :P

Although yeah I doubt most of the "futuristic" stuff will happen in this century, mainly because it doesn't seem possible physically
2015-2019

Global economic depression

The economic crisis which began in 2007 shows little sign of ending. US debt has continued to spiral out of control, reaching $20 trillion,* and its credit rating has been further downgraded. In an unprecedented move, the dollar is now losing its status as the world's reserve currency, with a basket of currencies in the process of replacing it. America is seemingly paralysed by political deadlock, while the cutting of its social programs is creating a dangerously polarised society.*

The contagion affecting the eurozone, originating in Greece, eventually spreads throughout most of the continent, leading to the collapse of numerous banks, corporations and financial institutions. Bailout after bailout has failed to provide an adequate long term solution.

Unemployment remains high, while poor consumer spending means governments are faced with lower tax revenues. Oil and food prices continue to rise.* Gold and silver have reached unprecedented highs.*

Meanwhile, China is facing its own problems - including the fallout of a massive real estate bubble.*

There are widespread riots and protests throughout the world during this time, volatile market conditions and frightening changes in society at large. Investor confidence is being eroded, with a growing reluctance to take risks. The world is now mired in a full-blown depression, with no sign of a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sounds realistic and scary. And I will totally be alive for it.
Quote by Xiaoxi

yo man, if i drink 2 litres of coke in 2 minutes

does that mean i'll drink 10 litres of coke in 10 minutes

no man

don't believe the lies

human brains will never be replicated or preserved in our lifetime

and we will die

probably alone and in pain

Interesting.... I'll give it that. The last section doesn't even mention anything humans do, its all natural stuff.

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
this took about 40 minutes out of my life

She's so pretty in her casts