matthew96
199 IQ
I have gotten pretty good at simple tapping licks. However i can only play them on the insane channel on my line 6 spider 3. Is this normal. With less distortion it doesn't sound as loud, but i do tap pretty hard and flick off the string. I have a squier strat so it may be the cheap pickups?? is it normal??
Steyr9001
534 IQ
Make sure that you're tapping the string as close as possible to the fret, too far away and it sometimes won't ring out as well.
matthew96
199 IQ
Yeap i do. Its just i can tap very well when their is a fair amount of distortion.
Livingtime
544 IQ
Is your tone dial on the guitar down? That messes tapping up from my experience. Also Mids and Treble will help. If you can hear it with the amp off, you are doing it right
matthew96
199 IQ
Nope my tone knob is at 10. I can hear it with the amp off. Mids and treble did help though!!
kemingt
Barned
155 IQ
Practice tapping on an acoustic. It will seem impossible at first, but it will pay big dividends in a short period of time provided you practice regularly
THE BEST UPGRADE FOR YOUR GUITAR IS PRACTICE
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
Quote by kemingt
Practice tapping on an acoustic. It will seem impossible at first, but it will pay big dividends in a short period of time provided you practice regularly

This.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Shor
581 IQ
Quote by matthew96
Yeap i do. Its just i can tap very well when their is a fair amount of distortion.

Honestly, you probably can't tap "very well" if you need a lot of distortion for it to sound good.
Just keep at it with moderate levels of distortions, and be critical to yourself to make sure each tap comes out clean. This isn't something you can rush.
Once you can tap very well, you'll be able to tap just as well with no distortion, and even on acoustics if you want.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
t1mman
411 IQ
Keep on practicing, you'll get it eventually!