So I ordered a guitar offline from Guitar Center to get shipped to my house a week ago... and it finally came in!!!

Was kind of thrown off by the Fender box... guess they had to find something to ship it in.

BIGASS case it came in

Here it is! Its a DBZ Venom!

I mainly picked up this guitar because of how cheap it was going for online. They normally retail around $899, and GC had it listed as a DBZ Venom 2, which is the lesser model of the line. I contacted DBZ and they informed me it was the higher end model, so I picked it up for the tiny $275 they were asking without question.

This thing has a full mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, EMG 81/85 combo, and an Origainal Floyd Rose trem. The pickups and trem itself are worth more than I paid for the thing! When I got it out of the box, there was a very loud humming noise when I plugged it in, and the tone knob was very loose. Turns out the knob got twisted so hard the bridge pickup got unsoldered from the pot. A dab of solder later, it was completely quiet, and 100% functional again! It came tuned to C standard, and had some flat wound strings the size of tow cables, and it still played great! After a setup, a set of 9-46 gauge strings, and tuning it to standard, the thing still plays beautifully, and sounds great through my Egnater Vengeance head. It is a little neck heavy, but Im betting a real leather strap will help out with that, so its on my Christmas list now, as well as a good set of straplocks for it.

For what I paid, it can't be beat, it plays just as well as my LTD EC1000 and Schecter Hellraiser, and I picked it up for a fraction of the price! I will post more pictures and maybe a video or two on here later if I get the chance to make one! Thanks for looking at it.
So you got an OFR guitar with EMGs for $275? Damn man, nice grab! They must've been clearing em out!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Wow talk about a total bargain. I have the same setup on my V, they are guaranteed to be neck heavy but as you said a strap sorts it out and if you're sitting down it's not a problem.
I guess you have a thing for black guitars too?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I hate you.

I'll give you 300 for it.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Why did it come in a Fender box?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Pointy indeed. Almost poked my eyes out by just looking.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

HNGD!

I'm diggin the colour scheme on it.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Holy brutal death machine, batman!

HNGD
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HNGD, DBZ guitars are nice
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Yup, you could poke a spider's eye out with that.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I hate the headstock, you could make a guitar body out of that giant thing. With that said, I would buy that guitar in a second for the price you paid. You scored.
HNGD! Nice GC Exploitation
Quote by treborillusion
Low end Epiphone = fire wood.

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
Marshall 1936 JCM900 lead cab
My website
nice score
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Thanks guys, I just threw a new battery in it, livened it up a bit, must have had a weak one in it or it was sitting for months at that shop. I cant believe nobody at the shop picked it up before me for this price! Another thing Ive noticed on it is that it is very mid-rangey, a lot moreso than my other guitars. Any idea if bypassing the tone knob at all would help with that?
very nice. HNGD. \m/
Ibanez VBT700
Zoom G1on
Amplitube 4/Reaper (Lepou)

Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass (EMG GZR)
Ampeg 108B
^^ don't see why that'd help (but i could easily be wrong).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I would take a sander to it, haha. HNGD.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^ don't see why that'd help (but i could easily be wrong).

even eric johnson knows new batteries add toan.

HNGD!!
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
^Well the battery before was deader than hell, so the output was lacking some... just seemed like when I cranked it and put it next to my LTD that it didnt have as much output.
Quote by gregs1020
even eric johnson knows new batteries add toan.

i meant bypassing the tone knob- he asked if that'd cut mids. it'd probably just make it a little brighter.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

The headstock is almost as big as the body O.o
Ibanez RG1570Z w/ BKP Holy Divers
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 /w Guitar Rig 5
Stupid clumsy fingers
Quote by thetoastinator
When I got it out of the box, there was a very loud humming noise when I plugged it in, and the tone knob was very loose. Turns out the knob got twisted so hard the bridge pickup got unsoldered from the pot. A dab of solder later, it was completely quiet, and 100% functional again!

I thought EMGs had those clippy things... HNGD!

Quote by The Dimery
Im sorry, but it is probably the ugliest, tackiest, pre-pubescent guitar I have ever seen.
But if you are happy then my opinion is irrelevant! HNGD!

>pre-pubescent
>DBZ
>wat
It don't look like a B.C. Rich to me...
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
It always makes my day when a big company like GC gets screwed without realizing it. I like to support mom and pop stores, but its hard to pay an extra 3-400 dollars on something sometimes. Im glad you got a killer deal!

HNPOINTYGD!
Holy shit man!Nice axe you got there! When I first opened this thread I saw a fender box and the title says pointy so I literally said wtf.....
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Quote by Dave_Mc

i meant bypassing the tone knob- he asked if that'd cut mids. it'd probably just make it a little brighter.

that's why you have to use new batteries.

new batteries boost mids.

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

that's the first ngd post that's made me go "oooh" in an almost sexual way! Now that thing looks sick as ****!! How much did you actually pay? You said the pups and trem are worth more than the cost, so over here in the uk that puts it under £380 which is dirt cheap for that spec!!
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Dec 22, 2012,
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
that's the first ngd post that's made me go "oooh" in an almost sexual way! Now that thing looks sick as ****!! How much did you actually pay? You said the pups and trem are worth more than the cost, so over here in the uk that puts it under £380 which is dirt cheap for that spec!!

They had it listed for $275, but I actually paid $315 after the taxes and shipping costs, which is roughly £195. Thanks for the love guys, I am getting a Zoom camera/mic and a pro tools audio interface for Christmas, so I'll be sure to post some videos and sound clips for everyone!