Page 3 of 4
I wanted to see what Dio would do when he got back into black sabbath (heaven and hell in this case) before he died, his last album was pretty awesome in my opinion.
The Mars Volta now that they're on hiatus.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The Police definitely.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I've never heard of this SikTh or whatever band, did they just break up or something?.

Nah, they split in 2008.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
The Mars Volta now that they're on hiatus.

Wait, really? Is this because of the ATD-I shows?

Quote by Weaponized
I though SikTh was getting back together? Cause I def remember something about that.

There are calls for it, and they've dropped some cryptic hints on their facebook that they'd do something "when the time was right".
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Dec 13, 2012,
Death From Above 1979

EDIT: and yes, I know they're back together...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Dec 13, 2012,
Quote by MinterMan22
i haven't heard of 90% of the bands on the first page

god no.

don't get me wrong, i love them and him but thank god josh took his place. i'd rather them put out the good/refreshing stuff they are now with those singles than have john half-ass his guitar work cause he's more interested in putting out shitty abstract electronic nonsense that his fanboys will eat up and praise for how "artistic" it is.

Until Johns' last album there's nothing of that. Until that album the albums he's put up is miles better than anything RHCP every done.

And the last album is kinda... meeh.

I'm glad Frusciante isn't in RHCP though as not even he's good in that shit band.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
ISIS

And good Metallica

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Quote by metacarpi
Nah, they split in 2008.

Wait, really? Is this because of the ATD-I shows?

".

Ikey was essentially fired, Juan started Big Sur, Omar started Bosnian Rainbows, Cedric is in that prog supergroup. A few years ago Cedric said he couldn't keep up with Omar, and Omar wanted to simplify his work and collaborate more. I wish they would have done one more truly epic record though. They haven't done one since Amp. It's a bummer but really, they've been downhill after that. Personally, I think it's because he stopped giving his undivided attention to anything. After amp is when he started doing tons of solo stuff and making real movies an all that.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Dec 13, 2012,
Slint
Codeine
Broken Bottles
The Cramps
Fugazi
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Bumped, because it just now came to mind:

Death. Seriously, they released their two best albums of their entire career (two of my favorite metal albums) before Chuck Schuldiner died of brain cancer. 11 years ago on todays date, to be exact.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Bumped, because it just now came to mind:

Death. Seriously, they released their two best albums of their entire career (two of my favorite metal albums) before Chuck Schuldiner died of brain cancer. 11 years ago on todays date, to be exact.

Shit...

Now, I'm sad again.
Quote by im not mental
refused.

they're fucking dead, man

also at the drive-in
Quote by Jonny92
ISIS

I only reason well with their splitting apart with the fact that I got to see them on their farewell tour.

Not bragging. Just reasoning.
Quote by BenRaah
Oceansize

Mannnnnnnn.

I had forgotten about that.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Eastwinn
they're fucking dead, man

also at the drive-in

Dude, they're doing a reunion tour or something like that.

I doubt it will have the old magic. I feel like once you go free-prog-fusion(or whatever you feel like categorizing TMV as) it would be hard to return to post-hardcore. Then again, we might be pleasantly surprised.
Quote by RU Experienced?
None of them, everyone I would have cared to have listened to is already dead or nearly dead and arthritic.

That's the downside of listening to jazz and classical, though I suppose I could say the same about a lot of bluegrass musicians.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Type O Negative

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Quote by theogonia777
That's the downside of listening to jazz and classical, though I suppose I could say the same about a lot of bluegrass musicians.

At least with classical you have all sorts of crazy virtuosic tiny asian girls you can go see perform popular pieces.
So much good stuff being posted in this thread. Props to the guy who said Codeine

Quote by fallenangel20
I only reason well with their splitting apart with the fact that I got to see them on their farewell tour.

Not bragging. Just reasoning. :p

One of their last shows was Bonarroo 2010 (about 45 minutes from me) and two years later I'm still kicking myself not going. It was my last shot
Quote by behind_you
Kamelot

Quote by jimmy10
maudlin of the Well

Yes.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by snipelfritz
Dude, they're doing a reunion tour or something like that.

I doubt it will have the old magic. I feel like once you go free-prog-fusion(or whatever you feel like categorizing TMV as) it would be hard to return to post-hardcore. Then again, we might be pleasantly surprised.

They only did a couple of shows, dawg. I saw them at Lollapalooza though and they were still awesome. Cedric made fun of the crowd and everything.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by BurningStarlV
Thrice

They were probably my favorite band to see live.

They were fucking awesome live. I was super depressed when Thursday and Thrice broke up on like the same day. I miss them both a ton. It literally felt the end of my childhood. At least I got to see Thursday's last show, that was incredible.

I listen to a ton of bands that are broken up, but almost all of them broke up before I started listening to them. Thursday and Thrice hit me hard because I grew up with them being active bands.

And Snowing of course. So pissed I couldn't make it out to their last show.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Dec 13, 2012,
SOAD, RATM, I'd love too get a chance too see STP live, and...

Quote by Gantz92
I would love it if The Police would do another reunion tour or something since i missed the last one. I became a fan just a short while after it ended

This. Every. Damn. Word.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Jack Off Jill
They only did a couple of shows, dawg. I saw them at Lollapalooza though and they were still awesome. Cedric made fun of the crowd and everything.

Ahhh, solid.

I'm still waiting for DFA1979 to hit the Midwest which likely won't happen until they're supporting their new album late next year.
Quote by pbiggie
goodshirt.

Australian radio stations don't play them.

They don't play them very often back in NZ either, thank f*ck