Page 4 of 9
I'm watching for Yeezy and McCartvana and then I'm out. I've almost fallen asleep since this thing started, although it was nice to see Stewart and Colbert.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Yes, because people with shit view/politics can't do music.

i never said that, but ignoring the racist views of someone just 'cuz you 'like' their music is pretty weak
hey it's that girl whose asshole i'd kiss

Quote by MinterMan22
at least they had some energy going

I'd rather them do a chilled set like Clapton did and have it sound nice than have them do an energetic set and sound like that.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by due 07
i never said that, but ignoring the racist views of someone just 'cuz you 'like' their music is pretty weak

I'm just pointing out that it isn't really relevant when talking about how he performed or whatever. And I'm not ignoring that he's a **** for his views. I'm also not going to enjoy what he does any less because of it. If I was like that then I wouldn't have very much music to listen to.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I'm also not going to enjoy what he does any less because of it.:

but you should.
Quote by AxeToFall
Christ, time to change the channel for a bit.

this is probs the best performance yet.
i miss when cellphones were lighters

Alicia Keys sounds great but the cell phone thing is lame as fuck. I know it's a charity thing but that bugs me so much at concerts.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Was he just being booed??

Bruuuuuuuuuuce

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize there are 4 pages already.
Last edited by chev311e at Dec 12, 2012,
Quote by due 07
but you should.

I like The Ninth Gate even though it was made by Roman Polanski
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Why give UG's biggest troll any attention at all?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by due 07
but you should.

Why should I? I recall reading a few times about Kanye acting like a **** (most notably when he went onstage when that one girl got an award and he acted like an ass) and I recall you saying that you like him even after that happened. So should you stop liking him too, or is it okay for him to be an ass cus it's not racially motivated?
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

i don't know what any of that is. //.<
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Why should I? I recall reading a few times about Kanye acting like a **** (most notably when he went onstage when that one girl got an award and he acted like an ass) and I recall you saying that you like him even after that happened. So should you stop liking him too, or is it okay for him to be an ass cus it's not racially motivated?

he was right though, because "single ladies" ended up winning video of the year later that night. so joke's on t-swift.
Quote by due 07
i don't know what any of that is. //.<

The Ninth Gate is a movie with Johnny Depp directed by Roman Polanski, who left the country because he had sex with a young teen long ago.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by genghisgandhi
You don't know who Roman Polanski is?

<sarcasm>
no, i just said that to trick him
</sarcasm>
Quote by TunerAddict
I missed the Stones because my internet was ****ing up.

I'm having real trouble with this live stream too - it keeps blocking up and then freezing my computer entirely. Making it hard to justify keeping this on in the background of essay-writing.
Quote by due 07
he was right though, because "single ladies" ended up winning video of the year later that night. so joke's on t-swift.

Ok, you're trolling.

Quote by Samdroid
Kanye being a dick isn't really okay, but it's better than him being a racist.

A dick is a dick regardless of their reason for being a dick.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by gabcd86
I'm having real trouble with this live stream too - it keeps blocking up and then freezing my computer entirely. Making it hard to justify keeping this on in the background of essay-writing.

Yeah. Mine was for some reason having trouble playing at 240p or whatever. I check my network stats and there was barely any traffic.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Ok, you're trolling.

i am just playing around, but i do believe that you shouldn't listen to the music of racists, and if you do you should at least acknowledge and mourn it rather than ignore it and say it's irrelevant.

and while your second statement is technically true, it's a pretty meaningless platitude. 'a criminal is a criminal regardless of their reason for being a criminal'
Last edited by due 07 at Dec 12, 2012,
Quote by TunerAddict
I missed the Stones because my internet was ****ing up.

I missed part of Springsteen and most of Adam Sandler doing Hallelujah (not that I mind missing that one, cus from what I heard it sounded really stupid). It's been better since they changed the background on the page tho, so I think that was part of the issue.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by due 07
i am just playing around, but i do believe that you shouldn't listen to the music of racists, and if you do you should at least acknowledge and mourn it rather than ignore it and say it's irrelevant.

It is irrelevant. Personally, if I enjoy the music then I could care less about the artists personal views.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Agreed, and it's seldom acceptable. But I am more willing to accept an egocentric than a racist. That's just me though, I see your point.

I'm more worried about whatever was happening to Buscemi just now.
there we go

Quote by AxeToFall
It is irrelevant. Personally, if I enjoy the music then I could care less of the artists personal views.

the personal views of the artist are an expression of their selves just like their music
Quote by due 07

and while your second statement is technically true, it's a pretty meaningless platitude. 'a criminal is a criminal regardless of their reason for being a criminal'

I do acknowledge that he is. I'm not going to stop enjoying good music because of that tho. I can understand saying that you shouldn't purchase their stuff so they won't get money, but saying that you should just straight up not listen to them seems a bit silly (especially considering that there's things like youtube and last.fm where you can listen for free).

Don't even try to compare those two. Being a dick to someone is being a dick to someone (if someone decides to beat you up, it doesn't matter whether they did it because you're white or because they think you looked at them in a funny way. point is you were beaten up), but murdering a 10 yr old school girl is much different than stealing a couple pounce of meat/produce to feed your family.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by due 07
the personal views of the artist are an expression of their selves just like their music

except 2 completely different expressions.
If I found an artist I liked to be racist, I would still like their music but I would be really disappointed and dislike them as a person.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by due 07
yall need to watch it on youtube or amc

its on like 30 channels, its got its own stream on the iheartradio app, and its playing a few other places as well. the youtube streams are so bad, they keep cutting the quality horribly.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I do acknowledge that he is. I'm not going to stop enjoying good music because of that tho. I can understand saying that you shouldn't purchase their stuff so they won't get money, but saying that you should just straight up not listen to them seems a bit silly (especially considering that there's things like youtube and last.fm where you can listen for free).

>ugly dino blues rock
>good music

Don't even try to compare those two. Being a dick to someone is being a dick to someone (if someone decides to beat you up, it doesn't matter whether they did it because you're white or because they think you looked at them in a funny way. point is you were beaten up), but murdering a 10 yr old school girl is much different than stealing a couple pounce of meat/produce to feed your family.

either way the criminal is still a criminal though (if someone decides to commit a crime, it doesn't matter if it's because they wanted to rape you or they just wanted your shoes. point is they still committed a crime).
Quote by AxeToFall
except 2 completely different expressions.

not really. it's not like varg sits in his room and thinks "ok, this music is an expression of my loving, nonracist self, whereas this diatribe against cultural marxism is an expression of my racist self."
Quote by due 07
damn it the who are so terrible

Videos like this are so deceiving. It's really not accurate way of determining if they suck or not since the sound is probably so different than what the people are hearing live.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard