Page 1 of 2
There are so many........But lately I've been really hooked on "ring of fire" for the past while...........seems i can't pick up the guitar without playing this one at least once simple but so fun to play and sing along with.
I'm in love with playing The Best Day by Taylor Swift it sounds so good on the guitar and its such a sweet song...i just love it sooo much!!!!!!
The guitar pieces I always end up playing when I pick my guitar up include these and a composition of my own that is, as yet, unrecorded.
Ryan Spendlove's Not That Strong

Amos Lee's Long Line Of Pain

Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah

And if you want something dead simple to play, I sometimes also hit up a bit of Zac Brown Bands Colder Weather..

Tom :-)
i invariably almost always start off with "dont follow" by Alice in Chains whenever i pick up a guitar. easy warm up song.
I usually run through Robert Johnson's "Love in Vain" and "I'm a Steady Rolling Man"
I really enjoy playing Tim McIlrath's "Unknown Song". It's really pretty and I find it irresistible.
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
Right nowI am enjoying messing around with a fingerstyle version of "And I Love Her" by the Beatles.
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
No Rain - Blind Melon
For all the Cows - Foo Fighters

Ibanez RG350EX
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt
Korg CA-40 Chromatic Tuner
Fender 351 Medium Guitar Picks
'Kimbie' - Jackson C Frank. Simple but effective.
'Spencer the Rover' - John Martyn. In Open D, has a lovely lilt to it.
'Simple Twist of Fate' - Dylan. In Open G, drops down the bass line, then slides up again.
I like playing Hurt by Johnny Cash. It's east to play but you get so much out of it. Great song and sounds great when playing alone.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein
I like chord-y stuff that I can sing along to, I'm always trying to find different stuff but I play a LOT of Bright Eyes. Right now I'm playing I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab it's a pretty fun progression. The Dm to C/F change is weird though.

Also Kiss Me by Sixpense None The Richer
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Last edited by Putrefaction at Dec 24, 2012,
These are my 10 favorite songs to pick on my acoustic guitar :
Leader of the Band (Fogelberg)
Time in a Bottle (Croce)
Danny's Song (Loggins and Messina)
Something in the Way She Moves (JT)
Classical Gas (Mason Williams)
Anywhere's a Better Place To Be (Chapin)
Father and Son (Cat Stevens)
More Than Words (Extreme)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
Helplessly Hoping (CSNY)
Try them, you won't regret it
Blackbird (Beatles)
Tears in Heaven (Clapton)
Dust in the Wind (Kansas)
Why Georgia (John Mayer)
Crash Into Me (Dave Matthews)

For some easier, more chord driven stuff...
Nothing Left to Lose (Mat Kearney)
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room (Mayer) (I play a simplified version, but I hope to learn all the fills someday)
Broken (Seether)
Last edited by designerpajamas at Dec 28, 2012,
Right now I'm stuck on lucky by coldplay, everytime I pick up a guitar that's the first some I play
Scorpions - Still Loving You
Iron Maiden - Remember Tomorrow
the intro to Battery (by Metallica)
Testament - The Ballad
Originally Posted by Cheeselord
Sanitarium iz by SLAYER DUMBASS!!!!!

Hotel california Live (acoustic version) just because my 5 year old cousin loves it. LOL
Tommy Emmanuel - Haba Na Haba
Jerry Reed - Jerry's Breakdown (I haven't learnt Chet's part yet)

There's something about the timing and the dynamics of Haba Na Haba that makes it such an enjoyable song to play.
Oh wait, you said one song in the thread title.

My apologies, out of the two I listed I prefer the TE song.
creed - one last breath
bon jovi - these days
gnr - november rain
tesla - love song

the best!!
More of a roots-type guy here...
Currently, I love playing Randall Collins by Norman Blake. A flatpicking tune in Em that you can really work out on.
Also, I still dig the old jazz/blues tune "Nobody Wants You When You're Down And Out." Great fingerstyle blues tune with jazzier chord changes... been around forever and recorded by everybody.
Out Loud by Dispatch. Whether your a nube or an expert these guys are fantastic.
he of tranquil mind
Your Love (acoustic version) - The Outfield. Simple and clean.
--- Joe ---
07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 || 77 Bradley LPC || 04 Ltd EC-1000FM ASB || 95/02 Fender Strat || 03 Epi LP 56 GT P90 || 04 Fender Tele
12 Martin GPCPA4 || 06 Ovation Elite-T
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Tech21 Trademark 10
Aurie's on a vacation far away..
come on dogs, we'll talk it over..
so many things that i wanna say
stay the night we'll stay in your doghouse.... nah..that don't work so well Auri
guess i'll have to stick with Anthrax' "i'm the man"
Eddie vedder-society

The beatles/Eddie vedder-you've got to hide your love away

Led zep-over the hills and far away

Gary Clark jr.-things are changin (Probably the hardest of the 4)
So many. I often find myself 'unconsciously' playing

Dust in the Wind (Kansas)
Classical Gas (Mason Williams)
Intro to Fade to Black (Metallica)
Patterns in the Ivy (Opeth)
Spoke in the Wheel (Black Label Soceity)
Last edited by tom183 at Jan 6, 2013,
Ragamuffin (Michael Hedges) I love the complexity of the song. Ive still never got through it without messing up somewhere... Not sure if i ever will :/
Hey Hey My My - Neil Young
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Joanna Smith- We Can't be Friends.

Beautiful melody, cool chromatic chord progression, a lot of feeling. Get to dust off the Classical Guitar too!
Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin
Old Man - Neil Young
Paranoid Android - Radiohead
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I seem to play those ones almost every time i pick up the acoustic guitar.
fuerte - john clarke. nothing like playing some flamenco in the morning before work.

oh also
street spirit - radiohead
Page 1 of 2