Steven2285
293 IQ
Hey all, I'm looking at a guitar on ebay and was wondering if you could help me out. I've been scammed before by buying fake gear. This one looks real to me, but I could be wrong. In any case I would really appreciate if you could take a look and have any thoughts on the authenticity.

Here is the link:

http://imageshack.us/g/16/img1831mh.jpg/
Roc8995
2,050 IQ
Yeah, looks fine. To be honest there's probably not enough profit in faking an Affinity for anyone to have done it so far. I haven't seen any fakes of guitars that inexpensive yet, though I'm sure it will happen one of these days.
Dempsey68
ihavenoideawhatimdoing
3,330 IQ
i'd also like to point out, that photos of what you think you're buying could be of something completely different to what you end up getting... justsayin'

but it looks legit IMO
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
stickman31
275 IQ
Quote by Roc8995
Yeah, looks fine. To be honest there's probably not enough profit in faking an Affinity for anyone to have done it so far. I haven't seen any fakes of guitars that inexpensive yet, though I'm sure it will happen one of these days.

They actually make Epiphone fakes, and not even of the high end models
samuraigoomba
491 IQ
I don't know why anyone would bother to fake an Affinity, but I guess the economy hits even fakers pretty hard.
57Goldtop
Piano Player in Disguise
1,473 IQ
Quote by stickman31
They actually make Epiphone fakes, and not even of the high end models
That's because people are likely to inspect a high-end guitar very closely but not many people think twice about picking up a cheaper model like an Epi, or the Squier the OP is asking about. From a counterfeiter's perspective those are probably a lot easier to slip under the radar than high-end knockoffs (although some of those are pretty convincing).

Although really, how much difference could there be between an authentic Squier made in China or Indonesia, and a knockoff Squier made in China or Indonesia?? That's gotta be practically the same thing.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
stickman31
275 IQ
Quote by 57Goldtop
That's because people are likely to inspect a high-end guitar very closely but not many people think twice about picking up a cheaper model like an Epi, or the Squier the OP is asking about. From a counterfeiter's perspective those are probably a lot easier to slip under the radar than high-end knockoffs (although some of those are pretty convincing).

Although really, how much difference could there be between an authentic Squier made in China or Indonesia, and a knockoff Squier made in China or Indonesia?? That's gotta be practically the same thing.

Cheaper cheap parts, that's the main difference
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
If it says Squire on the headstock, then yes, it's fake.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

57Goldtop
Piano Player in Disguise
1,473 IQ
Quote by stickman31
Cheaper cheap parts, that's the main difference
Yeah but at some point aren't we just talking about varying degrees of the same cheapness?
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!
792 IQ
Quote by 57Goldtop

Don't see the point in faking a super low end guitar. Wouldn't the faker be more likely to stamp FENDER on the headstock?