Page 1 of 4
What does the pit think about watches?

Like them? Don't like them? Analog? Digital?

I've personally never been a huge fan.

I'm starting to change my mind about them..but the only watch at my disposal is a huge watch someone gave me for my 18th birthday a few years ago.

I can't fin a pic right now, but it's a pretty big analog watch. I'd rather have a small one.

How do you guys think about big/small watches, and watches in general?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Dec 19, 2012,
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Omega Seamaster

Roughly the size of mine.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Found a pic:

It's not that exact watch, but it's roughly what it looks like.
ive worn a watch every day since i was fifteen when i got one for my birthday. the one i have now is waterproof and i wear it to bed, showering, swimming, only take it off to play my drums. it feels weird not having the weight on my hand im so used to it.

also i wear my watch on my right hand, which nobody else seems to do??
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I actually really like watches. I have a good few, been looking at a few more. Granted I'm a poor college student so I can't really afford good quality watches, all the ones I own are sub-$250, but I can find myself some nice looking ones.

This is my normal, wear-with-anything watch:

I throw this one on if I'm wearing particularly dark colors. I get lots of comments about the shade of blue on the dial. Bitches love this one:

I wear this one with red chucks and red shirts. Matching scheme might be a bit faggy but hell, suck my balls. I like to look good.

This is my "I'm-going-somewhere-important" watch:

And my more-casual-but-still-formal watch:

I got one for graduation that I never wear.

What's the point? I have a phone.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I have a few. The one I normally wear is a rather large, analog, black one. All of the other ones are of varying sizes, but none are digital.
i got an old windey watch my dad gave to me i wear it sometimes but since i usually have both my phone and my zune i can easily find out the time in my pocket
I love the looks of watches, but I haven't worn one since I was in high-school. My smartphone is my watch nowadays.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
I`ve always wanted to be into wearing a watch, but I don`t really see the point.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by WCPhils

That't what I though up until now, but I'm starting to change my mind for some inexplicable reason. Even though there's hardly any point, I wouldn't mind wearing one.
I never wore one until I started working at a summer camp where we need to wear one, and I have worn one ever sense
I wear a watch every day and have for the last year or so. I understand that phones have clocks, but that doesn't seem practical. I need to pull my phone out of my pocket just to check the time? What if I'm carrying things? Or need to check discretely because I'm in a meeting or theater? Pulling out your phone to check the time is for people who don't need to know the time, children and slackers. Adults wear watches.

Seref, that Skagen is a fantastic looking watch, I've thought about buying it on several occasions. I have a couple of their ultra-thin dressy watches that I wear when I have to look sharp and I like them a lot.

I hope this thread stays alive. UG could use a good watch thread without all the snobbery that you find on dedicated watch forums.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by pr0pedestrian
Seref, that Skagen is a fantastic looking watch, I've thought about buying it on several occasions. I have a couple of their ultra-thin dressy watches that I wear when I have to look sharp and I like them a lot.

I love that Skagen, it looks fantastic. My only complaints are a lack of a date function, and if you're not careful the band will scratch from nothing at all. The silver one probably hides scratches better but it just doesn't look as nice so I went for the black.

I'm actually used to heavier watches, the Skagen is so thin and the titanium is so light that it feels like nothing's there.
heres mine, its a ripcurl so i guess its surfing watch. i dont surf but i love that its waterproof. people ask me what time it is ALL THE TIME because i have a watch. rather than checking a phone, looking at your wrist is a lot more practical i find.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
My wrist feels naked without a watch. I used to wear a cheap Casio F91W every day - the one that is apparently really popular with terrorists as a bomb timer. Got a good laugh when I read about that, since I'd been using one non stop for about 10 years.

That watch broke, and now I've got into the habit of wearing my Citizen Eco Drive every day. Very similar to the one that Seref posted, except with a dark face. Fantastic watch.

And whenever I have an excuse to, I break out my mechanical pocketwatch.
This is the one I usually wear everyday

This is the one I use for special occasions

lol just kidding, I ain't got money for this
Last edited by little_boy at Dec 19, 2012,
Bitches better recognize

If you don't have a decent watch you're clearly doing nothing with your life.
I love analog watches! I only have 2 right now, one from my grandpa and one I got for myself. Only have two, because all the nice ones are ridiculously expensive. Some of the stuff that TokyoFlash comes up with is awesome. I've been tempted a few times to get one of theirs, but never pulled the trigger.

Watches these days are more of a fashion thing. Especially in past decade where cell phones have become so prevalent. Adding a decent watch just adds a certain something to almost anything you wear. They just make things...classier

My watch:
Everyday (work etc.)
(Invalid img)

Going out

Special Occasions
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
I wear a g shock dw-6900 military edition(all black) for every day use. On special occasions I wear a tissot couturier. It's got a black face and a black leather strap.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a blue mako from orient though. I've been wanting a dive watch for a while.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by WCPhils

A watch is infinitely easier to access in a moment;
A watch looks far nicer than a phone, and is a necessary accessory for a wrist;
A watch is more reliable than a phone (if it's a good watch, and generally speaking).
Quote by willT08
Bitches better recognize

If you don't have a decent watch you're clearly doing nothing with your life.

This man knows what the **** is up.

This would be my future watch, but there are better things to spend $6000 on I figure.

Yes, I'm a JB fan.
Thin, can't even tell it's there and it's sexy.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I don't wear watches, but I like these conceptual ones on which you can hardly tell the time.

http://www.mrjoneswatches.com/dawn-west-dusk-east/

And more: http://www.mrjoneswatches.com/watches/
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
I've got a fake Rolex watch purely because of Yngwie Malmsteen sadly the real deal is way too much! haha by the way it is a Rolex Submariner. Yup haters can come and hate
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS

I can't live without this damned thing anymore. I rely on it for everything. I never had an opinion on watches until I needed it for when I volunteer. I even have a watch tan.
Quote by rpd
Everyday (work etc.) (Invalid img)

Waterproof, cheap and lights up, it's all you need. That's my everyday watch too. I don't have a nice watch. I did, but it got all scratched up when doing everyday stuff.

Everyone should have a watch. Keeping time just isn't as effective when you rely on a mobile phone. It improved my punctuality tenfold.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Dec 19, 2012,

I have a watch like that but with a dark face thingie rather than it being all light. It looks decent and I can easily tell the time. That's all I need.

I have a super nice watch too but I only wear it when I'm demonstrating my wealth to poor people.
Page 1 of 4