Page 3 of 4

Just got the first one in the mail and ordered the second. Very excited. I'm a big fan of everything about Rolex (except for the price tags), so I've been looking at a lot of Rolex-inspired watches at more reasonable price points.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by Thrashtastic15
thinks pocket watches are a good idea lol

Shut the fuck up, you dirty cunt. I think they're a cool classic idea, but I don't think anyone can pull it off. In other words, they were great for their time.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Goddamn it, I was gonna start a thread about watches asking for advice within a few days. You stole my attention TS.

Anyway, I have disgustingly skinny wrists, and no watches seem to suit me. It seems like I'll have to lower myself to wearing a women's watch if I really want one.
Quote by pr0pedestrian

Just got the first one in the mail and ordered the second. Very excited. I'm a big fan of everything about Rolex (except for the price tags), so I've been looking at a lot of Rolex-inspired watches at more reasonable price points.

I had that same invicta but in stainless steel with a black face. I ended up just giving it away because unfortunately, it was a piece of junk. But I have heard that they have quality control issues, although for under $100, I guess you can't complain. Alphas are generally pretty nice. If you like Rolex Submariner-esque watches, take a look at the orient mako series! They are FANTASTIC watches for the price and will look better than anything else in that price range for that style of watch.

Quote by genghisgandhi

Anyway, I have girl wrists, and no watches seem to suit me. It seems like I'll have to lower myself to wearing a women's watch if I really want one.

How small are your wrists? i have 6.5 inch wrists and I can wear most things.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Dec 19, 2012,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
hahahahaha maybe you can get a pocketwatch girlwrists

From the ages of 10 to 12 I did carry around a pocketwatch during the winter (because I would always wear a coat). I got it at the top of the Empire State Building and the only reason I stopped carrying it was that it broke.

This was before I had a phone, mind you.

EDIT - ^5 inches
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Dec 19, 2012,
5 inches? do you have marfan syndrome or something? Get a baby g shock.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I use my phone, but I do have a beautiful rose gold, Art Deco era watch I inherited though I have to push it up my arm. I like that it winds up and it has a nice sound.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by genghisgandhi
Yeah I'm Marfaned up home slice. My wrists are actually the only part of the body I'm really self conscious about, so I doubt I'll ever wear anything to drawn attention to them, but you never know.

Do you really have marfan syndrome? If it makes any difference, I used to be self conscious about wearing big watches since I have smaller wrists. But now I just wear what I like and what I think looks good and rock em with confidence. I get compliments on my watches pretty regularly.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Dec 19, 2012,
I saw a watch repair store today and started laughing hysterically.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by funkbass369
Do you really have marfan syndrome? If it makes any difference, I used to be self conscious about wearing big watches since I have smaller wrists. But now I just wear what I like and what I think looks good and rock em with confidence. I get compliments on my watches pretty regularly.

Yeah I do. I used to refuse to wear short sleeve shirts, but I do now. So maybe I will start going more out there. Every watch I've ever owned though is really uncomfortable because it moves around so much though.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Yeah I do. I used to refuse to wear short sleeve shirts, but I do now. So maybe I will start going more out there. Every watch I've ever owned though is really uncomfortable because it moves around so much though.

Yeah, you're going to need a watch with a really small face or it will be super uncomfortable. Ummm, you could look into sports watches by Nike or Adidas or something. Theres watches that are made for jogging that are pretty small and have rubber straps. That might be more comfortable.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Nah the only reason I would want a watch is to be flashy if the mood struck me, and not really for any practical use, so I'd want a big face. Maybe I actually don't want a watch. The only thing I can ever see myself wearing on my wrist is a World Series of Poker bracelet;

I promised my grandpa I would win him one after he taught me how to play and by god I'm gonna keep that promise.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Nah the only reason I would want a watch is to be flashy if the mood struck me, and not really for any practical use, so I'd want a big face. Maybe I actually don't want a watch. The only thing I can ever see myself wearing on my wrist is a World Series of Poker bracelet;

I promised my grandpa I would win him one after he taught me how to play and by god I'm gonna keep that promise.

that thing is ridiculous
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I like watches. Got a Seiko Black Monster that I wear daily, and a quartz Movado for when I dress up. I would love an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (probably the best watch I can actually afford). Not the Bond one, though. One of these days...

I was at a couple shops the other day that carried Jaeger LeCoultre, Panerai, Audemars Piguet, IWC, Blancpain, and Ulysse Nardin that I can remember. It was awesome. No Patek Phillipe though, and that would be my ultimate dream watch. It's very funny that so many people think Rolex makes a high-end watch...
Quote by Thrashtastic15
oh, i wear my watch on my dominant hand tho. pretty sure thats weird.

i do too, my cousin is the only other person ive met who does the same. feels a lot more comfortable to me and never really gets in the way of anything.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Skeleton watches are the best thing ever, constantly getting compliments on the thing, and if you know a lot about how watches work its a great conversation starter
I teach private lessons in voice, hit me up if interested!
Quote by stratman7
I like watches. Got a Seiko Black Monster that I wear daily, and a quartz Movado for when I dress up. I would love an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (probably the best watch I can actually afford). Not the Bond one, though. One of these days...

I was at a couple shops the other day that carried Jaeger LeCoultre, Panerai, Audemars Piguet, IWC, Blancpain, and Ulysse Nardin that I can remember. It was awesome. No Patek Phillipe though, and that would be my ultimate dream watch. It's very funny that so many people think Rolex makes a high-end watch...

I got to try on a Patek Phillippe once. It was weird knowing that something on my wrist cost more than what most people would make in a year. I can't see myself ever being able to afford a watch like that.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Dec 20, 2012,
a watch is a very nice thing to have

i havent had one for years now though, when a nigga carries a phone around all day they just a liability cj
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by funkbass369
I got to try on a Patek Phillippe once. It was weird knowing that something on my wrist cost more than what most people would make in a year. I can't see myself ever being able to afford a watch like that.

I was able to try on a JLC Tourbillon in one of the shops. Just amazing. Best watch I've ever had on my wrist, and it was "only" 60k. Lol
I'd rather have a timepiece than a watch, but I'm too poor to afford those, so I just use my phone.

I'm sure there must be a timepiece app.
I've been wanting a nice watch for a while now, but I have no spare cash and I don't really wear clothes that go well with any type of watch.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
This man knows what the **** is up.

This would be my future watch, but there are better things to spend $6000 on I figure.

Yes, I'm a JB fan.

its not just you, but what's with all the seamaster noobs?

get the proper Bond watch

as for me, I'm more of a chronograph guy, this is my one and only watch although I usually wear it with an awesome rally style leather band

dem pushers
I'd take a seamaster over an explorer any day. In my book omega>rolex.

The seamaster planet ocean is one sexy watch.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Krieger91
Roughly the size of mine.

are you referring to your small penises you are both compensating for?
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by wemonir
are you referring to your small penises you are both compensating for?

That is so retarded it makes you having a small penis.

I have a big dick and a big watch which is kind of a groovy combination.

Seriously though I have a couple of watches and wear them all the time, girls love them, it's the only piece of jewelry a guy should wear.
Has anybody noticed that an alarming amount of watches pictured in this thread are on or close enough to 10 past 10?

Get it?

Alarming?

Seriously though, like 3/4 of the watches here are set between 5 and quarter past 10.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Has anybody noticed that an alarming amount of watches pictured in this thread are on or close enough to 10 past 10?

Get it?

Alarming?

Seriously though, like 3/4 of the watches here are set between 5 and quarter past 10.

They do that on promotional photos, i'm not sure if it's to make a smile or something. That's just generally what they do.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by funkbass369
I had that same invicta but in stainless steel with a black face. I ended up just giving it away because unfortunately, it was a piece of junk. But I have heard that they have quality control issues, although for under $100, I guess you can't complain. Alphas are generally pretty nice. If you like Rolex Submariner-esque watches, take a look at the orient mako series! They are FANTASTIC watches for the price and will look better than anything else in that price range for that style of watch.

How small are your wrists? i have 6.5 inch wrists and I can wear most things.

I already have a similar Invicta with blue face, black bezel that I like a lot and has been very reliable. I'd heard of their reliability issues, but so far it seems like I'm 2/2 on getting good ones. I've looked at the Orients before. I like the orange submariners that they make, but I already have two submariner-esque watches so I'm not sure I should pursue that any farther.
The setup:
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Quote by pr0pedestrian
children and slackers. Adults wear watches.

I wore a watch every day as a child. Then again, back in my day we didn't get phones before our first pube... or even our first car... its whats wrong society if you ask me...

I know I'd scratch it up and hit it on doorways n shit if I wore a watch now.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by cptcomet
They do that on promotional photos, i'm not sure if it's to make a smile or something. That's just generally what they do.

No, display watches are generally set in a manner where the hands frame the logo or maker's mark. So, depending on where the logo is set on the dial face, you tend to see times like 10:10, 1:50, 1:25, 5:05, etc. Basically anything where the hour and minute hands frame about a quarter of the watch.
I've got fairly skinny wrists for a big guy. Try getting a watch with a slimmer profile so it doesn't stick out too much. Unfortunatley they can tend to be a bit more expensive due to the cost of getting the workings into a smaller space.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
So this is a coincidence.

My grandfather passed a few years ago and he left some stuff. Just found this in an old dresser drawer. My mom says he bought it when they lived in Spain in the 70s. It's not in the best condition, in fact it's so scratched that it's probably lost all its value, but I'm going to have it cleaned and repaired.

It's a vintage gold-plated Omega Seamaster, seems to be 60s/early 70s judging by the googling I've done. It has a shitty old style stainless steel bracelet band. I'm thinking of throwing on a black alligator or ostrich skin band.

Last edited by Seref at Dec 27, 2012,
Quote by Seref
So this is a coincidence.

My grandfather passed a few years ago and he left some stuff. Just found this in an old dresser drawer. My mom says he bought it when they lived in Spain in the 70s. It's not in the best condition, in fact it's so scratched that it's probably lost all its value, but I'm going to have it cleaned and repaired.

It's a vintage gold-plated Omega Seamaster, seems to be 60s/early 70s judging by the googling I've done. It has a shitty old style stainless steel bracelet band. I'm thinking of throwing on a black alligator or ostrich skin band.

*watch pics*

Clearly it's seen better days, but that's a nice watch. A good clean/polish, crystal replacement, and band replacement and that'll be quite nice. I'd go brown gator band, but that's just me.
The setup:
Fender Blues DeVille 410