If everyone has there attention on 21/12/12 being the end of the world then

Page 1 of 2
then isn't 22/12/12 the first day of the world where 21/12/12 wasn't the end of the world?

?(:

(their)
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Dec 20, 2012,
there's only 12 months in the year wtf is this "22/12/12" buffoonery
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
no, because it wasnt the end of the world on any day ever

nah mean
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
When I read the title and the hover text, I was expecting this to be a trebor illusion or whatever his name is thread.
First of all, if you're posting a date that's strictly numerical, it goes my MM/DD/YYYY (12/20/2012 is today for instance). The only appropriate time to put the day first is if you spell out the month, such as 21 December 2012

Secondly, there is no secondly....
Quote by bdof
First of all, if you're posting a date that's strictly numerical, it goes my MM/DD/YYYY (12/20/2012 is today for instance). The only appropriate time to put the day first is if you spell out the month, such as 21 December 2012

Pretty sure it's only Americans that do that, dawg.
Besides, who ever said time ends on 00:00 Mayan time? How does anyone know what time it WOULD be? Maybe it occurs at 08:33 am
Quote by bdof

pffft

yanks
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Flying Couch
Pretty sure it's only Americans that do that, dawg.

Yeah? Well......................................why does most of the world's population choose to use time based on a Chistian faith (year is 2012, and anything before that was BC)? Riddle me that F***er!!!
Quote by ErikLensherr

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by WaterGod
My thoughts exactly.

We're retarded 'Muricans that don't drown half our foods in gravey. Live with it bro
Quote by bdof
Yeah? Well......................................why does most of the world's population choose to use time based on a Chistian faith (year is 2012, and anything before that was BC)? Riddle me that F***er!!!

Because of Dionysus Exigus.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
then isn't 22/12/12 the first day of the world where 21/12/12 wasn't the end of the world?

?(:

(their)

what they are trying to say is that if the 21st is the end of the world, wouldn't the 22ed be the first day that the world didn't end.

your welcome you confused b*****ds!
Quote by bdof

Apparently you Americans aren't big on mathematics (Fahrenheit... wtf?), and more specifically orders of magnitude. You seem to agree that values increase from left to right on a numeric axis, and that hours should be followed by minutes and then seconds, but where most countries will apply that logic to their date format, for some reason you'll place first the component that is actually second in order of magnitude. This baffles me.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Last edited by Dynamight at Dec 20, 2012,
Quote by Dynamight
Apparently you Americans aren't big on mathematics (Fahrenheit... wtf?), and more specifically orders of magnitude. You seem to agree that values increase from left to right on a numeric axis, but where most countries will apply that same logic to date formats, for some reason you put the medium component (in orders of magnitude) before the lowest one, while keeping the largest one last.

Personally I prefer the DD/MM/YYYY format, but I would think someone just did Word/#/# for some reason, I'm probably wrong but whatever.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Oh god, it's this conversation again

Maybe we'll finally resolve it this time

Nothing gets resolved here, just argued to the point of getting closed or until everyone forgets about it. Then it resurfaces in a new thread, eventually.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
Nothing gets resolved here, just argued to the point of getting closed or until everyone forgets about it. Then it resurfaces in a new thread, eventually.

Well not with that attitude it doesn't.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Quote by necrosis1193
Well not with that attitude it doesn't.

I'm going to argue this now until the thread gets closed or we both get bored. I'm already bored though...
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover

Nah, we're bound to come to some sort of solution or agreement eventually. And I dunno why, but there's just something about this thread that feels right.
Well of course it doesn't get resolved—your country still refuses to adopt the logical date format.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Quote by Dynamight
Well of course it doesn't get resolved—your country still refuses to adopt the logical date format.

If you were talking to me, then I don't know what you're talking about because, as far as I know, Canadians use DD/MM/YY(YY). I know I sure do.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by Dynamight
Apparently you Americans aren't big on mathematics (Fahrenheit... wtf?), and more specifically orders of magnitude. You seem to agree that values increase from left to right on a numeric axis, and that hours should be followed by minutes and then seconds, but where most countries will apply that logic to their date format, for some reason you'll place first the component that is actually second in order of magnitude. This baffles me.

lol

there are only 12 months
there can be up to 31 days

placing first the number with the least amount of things it represents seems more logical. And it looks way better.
I'll be honest, I obviously don't believe that there's some astrological event that will change the world tomorrow, however I am a bit worried that there will be dumbasses in some Jim Jones-esque cult that will try and go on some killing spree or something because of the prophecy.
Quote by Dynamight

Apparently, you're just stupid.

By your logic, YOU write the date wrong and so do we, it should be YY/MM/DD according to what you just said. If the hours (the biggest), are followed by minutes (middle), followed by seconds (smallest), shouldn't the date be years (biggest), months (middle), days (smallest)?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
it should be YY/MM/DD according to what you just said. If the hours (the biggest), are followed by minutes (middle), followed by seconds (smallest), shouldn't the date be years (biggest), months (middle), days (smallest)?

YYYY/MM/DD is the international standard date notation and what we should use (and what is already commonly used in Asia).
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
YYYY/MM/DD is the international standard date notation and what we should use (and what is already commonly used in Asia).

They also eat dogs in Asia.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by CrimsonBizzare

They also have Asians in Asia.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by ErikLensherr

That was a very successful troll post.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by bdof

You americans are doing it wrong.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
12/21/12 is like saying "December 21st, 2012."

21/12/12 is like saying "21st of December, 2012"

This is exactly the same as debating whether it's "color" or "colour." They both mean the same thing & are equally valid.
Page 1 of 2