yoyoloto
Blue dreams
1,217 IQ
Hey guys, when it comes to FX all I can really do is select pre-made ones from reaper, I also have an amp sim plugin that I've downloaded but it doesn't seem to do much for me, I'm not good at using at all.

But there's a specific effect that I want, or something close to it, if I could get this one it would keep me going for a while :

https://soundcloud.com/mr-troy/win-zone

I'm looking for something similar to the guitar solo, I could even try to make it myself if you could guide me, I'm patient enough (but you'd also have to be :P ).

Thank you !
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
1,189 IQ
I didn't really hear anything special going on in the solo. It's a safe bet there's either some reverb or some delay. Very mild though, I can't actually hear, just a good assumption. If you're talking about where it gets "thin" near the end of the song, that's just some clever EQ where all but a couple frequencies are cut.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
yoyoloto
Blue dreams
1,217 IQ
It's that ''electronic'' sound that I'm looking for, it's funny but, I don't even think I have reverb. I need to find some plug in that has it, do you know of one ?
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
maybe a synth effect or something like that? i honestly don't know
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

gumbilicious
beginner
1,236 IQ
Quote by yoyoloto
But there's a specific effect that I want, or something close to it, if I could get this one it would keep me going for a while :

https://soundcloud.com/mr-troy/win-zone

this actually sounds like a multi effects patch. the obvious stuff is something like a OD or distortion. the more subtle stuff actually sounds like one of two things: reverse delay or attack swell. it's either one of those effects, but it's used pretty subtly.

there may be something else, like a metallic chorus tone, but i think that is just an 'illusion' from the effect that is 'swelling' the attack of the note.

i would guess that it is a multi effects patch for 'violin solo'.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
yoyoloto
Blue dreams
1,217 IQ
Quote by gumbilicious
this actually sounds like a multi effects patch. the obvious stuff is something like a OD or distortion. the more subtle stuff actually sounds like one of two things: reverse delay or attack swell. it's either one of those effects, but it's used pretty subtly.

there may be something else, like a metallic chorus tone, but i think that is just an 'illusion' from the effect that is 'swelling' the attack of the note.

i would guess that it is a multi effects patch for 'violin solo'.

Alrighty, is there any chance for you to assist me in getting this effect ? I'm using a guitar rig plug in, if you are familiar with it you could perhaps guide me a little.

If it's not too much to ask, of course !

Thanks
yoyoloto
Blue dreams
1,217 IQ
Quote by ihartfood
sounds like the attack is removed, like a slow gear

Yeah, there is definitely something off with the attack, but it's possible that this wasn't even made on guitar, the guy's some kind of DJ.