Razor1977
30 IQ
I have fender frontman combo and ive grown to HATE the solid state tone. Im looking to find a nice inexpensive tube combo, maybe the fender delux or deville. I want something with a warm tone with slight gain, my main influences are The Who/The Jam/The Clash. I play small clubs mostly and do not think i need a half stack or anything like that. any suggestions?
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
300 IQ
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

We need a bit more information to make some better recommendations.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
90 IQ
Vox AC-15.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
Quote by Roc8995
What's your budget?

+1
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

ikey_
370 IQ
well he said inexpensive and said deville so perhaps around that price?

i recently youtubed some cornford amp. oh man. but yeah those wont do. take a digit out of the price tag maybe.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Razor1977
30 IQ
my budget is under a grand, id like to stay closer to 500...but looks like im gonna have tobe closer to 1000 for a combo
Led Head
Tab Contributor
122 IQ
I would highly recommend looking on Craigslist or Kijiji for used tube amps. Thats what I did. I wanted a Marshall Bluesbreaker amp in the worst way and the cost of a brand new one was/still is around $2,500-3,000, an I would never have that kind of money to spend on an amp. However someone told me to look on Craigslist for one and I was able to find a Bluesbreaker amp in fantastic shape, virtually brand new for $1,500

So I would highly recommend this avenue to you. If you have a small budget like myself, search on Craigslist/Kijiji for the amp of your choice, and your likely to find some good results. For example in my area (Toronto) there are plenty of Fender tube amps for sale on Kijiji for under $1000
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall Bluesbreaker 1962
DeanoM50810
Getting there...
70 IQ
If you're going Vox (which I believe is a good idea), keep your options in mind. I'd stay away from the AC15/30 VR as they don't have the tonal qualities of a true valve amp. If you can afford them, the Handwired AC's are worth trying out. If not, I think the AC15C1 will suit your needs just fine. Just make sure you give it a chance by messing around with the amp's settings when you try it out.
Remnest
120 IQ
Quote by jaybals
I think for the stuff you're playing you wanna go Vox! Ac30 or Ac15

^ This
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
Ac30
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Volcz
VCA '18
192 IQ
+1 with the AC30 considering he wants cleans.

The AC15 has very little clean headroom.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.