Well it's been a while since I've tried writing a metal/rock song, not sure if I like it so far, the whole D section is a bit strange I think. But I need to listen to it again after I have a break and could do with some opinions so far.

c4c of course.

Cheers

EDIT: Finished it for now I suppose, don't really know if I like it, there's a lot I'm not happy with but it's a start. v5.

EDIT: Well over the last few weeks I've been tryign to change the 7/4 bit, bit by bit whenever I had any free time. Result is something making the song a lot longer than it should, with some lazy sections just for the sake of trying to link some sections. Also drums were done a bit poorly, it's frustrating doing drum programming on my laptop without a numpad.

So I'm not the happiest with it, especially some lead bits a few sections before the 03 0 03 bit starts. Transitions are a bit funny too. And generally I can't really tell if I like it or not so I wanted some feedback please. It's v20
Attachments:
rock 294 v5.gp5
rock 294 v20.gp5
Last edited by Seb1uk at May 15, 2013,
Actual excitement when I see that you've uploaded something...
Definitely has your distinctive feel to it.
To be honest this is what metalcore should be.
Only complaint is that the 7/4 section didn't really do it for me.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Cheers guys. It's nice to hear that frankibo haha. But yeah I agree about the 7/4 section, not gonna lie I was getting lazy at that point and just wanted to get on to doing the next section. I'm thinking of just getting rid of the 7/4 bit completely and writing somethign a bit more interesting.

Funny to hear that it sounded a bit like BTBAM because I've been listening to them quite a bit recently, but I never meant for this song to sound like them ha.
Last edited by Seb1uk at Dec 29, 2012,
Well over the last few weeks I've been tryign to change the 7/4 bit, bit by bit whenever I had any free time. Result is something making the song a lot longer than it should, with some lazy sections just for the sake of trying to link some sections. Also drums were done a bit poorly, it's frustrating doing drum programming on my laptop without a numpad.

So I'm not the happiest with it, especially some lead bits a few sections before the 03 0 03 bit starts. Transitions are a bit funny too. And generally I can't really tell if I like it or not so I wanted some feedback please. It's v20
One of the best sounding tunes I've heard, despite of the horrible midi. Im gonna ask you for recording it RIGHT ****ING NOW.
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/