Surfing with the Alien - Joe Satriani
16 53%
The Distance - Ominium Gatherum
12 40%
Erised - Periphery
2 7%
Voters: 30.
Page 1 of 2
Seasons greetings and happy holidays guys.

Advanced guit-box:

Surfing with the Alien - Joe Satriani (Random3)

The Distance - Omnium Gatherum (Cavalcade)

Erised - Periphery (Niejel)

Don't forget to vote based on accuracy. It's not a 'which song is your favorite' kind of deal.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Wow, I don't know who to vote for. Those were all great
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Surfing gets my vote. Was the closest to the actual album track i've ever heard
Jackson DK2M "Kendra"(Illuminator/Crunch Lab)
Charvel So Cal "Hayley" (JBs)
Washburn RX30 "Cherri" (Jazz/Dimebucker)
Sterling JP60 "Mara" (LiquiFire/Steve's Special)
i didnt know who to vote for... the distance was amazing... and so was surfing... gahh o.o
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Voted for Random3, because that was very well done.

Cavalcade's tempted me though. Not much in it, really.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Quote by Random3
I am a wizard.

Am I allowed to take wizardry into consideration when voting?
Quote by whoomit
Random didn't have his guitar plugged in!

You must've taught him well.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You must've taught him well.

I eh... taught him everything he knows

I actually don't know who to vote for...
It was a tough choice for me too.

I think I picked the right one though.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
They were all just bad.

I'm not even going to vote because the only "advanced guitar" track doesn't even have the guy's guitar playing in it.

Quote by dash-rendar
Surfing gets my vote. Was the closest to the actual album track i've ever heard

That's because it is.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Dec 28, 2012,
Quote by Kyleisthename
They were all just bad.

I'm not even going to vote because the only "advanced guitar" track doesn't even have the guy's guitar playing in it.

That is incredibly rude.

Where is your submission? Oh right, you were too much of a puss to submit an entry.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
That is incredibly rude.

Where is your submission? Oh right, you were too much of a puss to submit an entry.

Lol no, I didn't even know this was going on.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Ignorance is no excuse. It isn't like this is the 18th edition of this or anything.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
Ignorance is no excuse. It isn't like this is the 18th edition of this or anything.

This. Feel free to upload your playing anytime, kyle
Quote by Kyleisthename
They were all just bad.

I assume you are talking about mine.

Allow me to explain as your sarcasm detector is apparently broken.

I recorded the video separately from the audio as I use different programs for each and I usually use multiple takes, however in this particular video I didn't.

Now take your rude comments elsewhere.
Quote by TunerAddict

Sorry, let me make sure I lerk in the pit all day and become omniscient about all of the competitions held here.

I don't know why you're arguing with me. The first one clearly doesn't even have his own guitar mixed in; so how can you possibly judge the accuracy of the cover?

The second one is sloppy at parts and hardly an advanced guitar song.

the third is a nice try but not anything close to accurate.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
The first one clearly doesn't even have his own guitar mixed in; so how can you possibly judge the accuracy of the cover?

I ask you to listen again. I was playing over a backing track, not over the original song, so all of the lead guitar parts you hear in that video are me playing them.

EDIT: If you really need proof and your ears are really that broken then here is the backing track I used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B31h0kWGOt0
Last edited by Random3 at Dec 28, 2012,
Dude all of the guitar in that is being played by Random

Edit: See ^
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I think we can all agree that Kyle is a knob.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by Random3
Fix'd.

I know it's not the original but a video syncing up to playing isn't very impressive.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
In Random's you can here a click track count you in. That isn't in the original.

And, good as they both are, they are not exactly the same.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Quote by Kyleisthename
I know it's not the original but a video syncing up to playing isn't very impressive.

Allow me to make things easier for you as you don't seem to understand what I did.

Close your eyes when the video is on. Ignore the video. Listen to the audio. The audio was recorded by me in a single take. The video I filmed afterwards so that I could upload it to youtube and have something for the viewer to look at. I do the same thing on virtually all of my videos.

The reason why I pre-record songs for things like this is because I do a lot of work on mixing in Pro Tools, including multiple layered guitar tracks. For this particular piece I only used one track because I was short on time due to uni work.

Kyle, would it have been more impressive if I had instead synced the audio to an image of a carrot instead of a video of me miming?
Quote by Random3
Allow me to make things easier for you as you don't seem to understand what I did.

Close your eyes when the video is on. Ignore the video. Listen to the audio. The audio was recorded by me in a single take. The video I filmed afterwards so that I could upload it to youtube and have something for the viewer to look at. I do the same thing on virtually all of my videos.

The reason why I pre-record songs for things like this is because I do a lot of work on mixing in Pro Tools, including multiple layered guitar tracks. For this particular piece I only used one track because I was short on time due to uni work.

So....If you did it in one take why were you not filming it?

You can record the original take and mix afterwards, what you said makes no sense.

It would be more impressive if you had a video of your playing the actual guitar track instead of trying to sync it.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename

If you honestly can't tell a cover from the real thing, then you have much to learn when it comes to music dude. Nobody is trying to fool you, you're just a petty troll.

You think they suck? Fine. Go away then. You already gave your input.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Kyleisthename
So....If you did it in one take why were you not filming it?

You can record the original take and mix afterwards, what you said makes no sense.

Well, Pro Tools 10 and iMovie running together would use a hell of a lot of CPU, which would slow down my Mac and limit what processes I can run in either.

I also run the programs at different frequencies.

And I wasn't initially planning on doing one take so I didn't have the camera on.

Oh, and I hadn't done it like that before so I didn't bother trying it.

And finally, why does it matter to you?

Quote by Kyleisthename
It would be more impressive if you had a video of your playing the actual guitar track instead of trying to sync it.

Thankfully, most people who watch my videos don't care that the audio is very slightly different to the video. If I had a guitar cable plugged in on the video then chances are you wouldn't even have noticed.
Quote by Random3
Well, Pro Tools 10 and iMovie running together would use a hell of a lot of CPU, which would slow down my Mac and limit what processes I can run in either.

And I wasn't initially planning on doing one take so I didn't have the camera on.

Thankfully, most people who watch my videos don't care that the audio is very slightly different to the video. If I had a guitar cable plugged in on the video then chances are you wouldn't even have noticed.

The guitar tones don't even match FFS. You should be able to tell right away

What a boob.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Random3

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to notice when your hand aren't matching up....okay.

I like how you're talking to me like I have no idea how computers work or DAWs.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The guitar tones don't even match FFS. You should be able to tell right away

What a boob.

Wait so is he saying he doesn't like it because he thinks I am air guitaring over the original song? Or is he saying he doesn't like that the video and audio are two separate takes?

People confuse me
Quote by Random3
Wait so is he saying he doesn't like it because he thinks I am air guitaring over the original song? Or is he saying he doesn't like that the video and audio are two separate takes?

People confuse me

I think he thinks you're miming over satch.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by QPC_Sam
The original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoERl34Ld00

And Random3 live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuUXz4CW01k

Dude, what happened to your wireless?

This is a lot better, jeez.
Why don't you just have your friend film you play the original take for Surfing?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
Yeah, I wouldn't be able to notice when your hand aren't matching up....okay.

I like how you're talking to me like I have no idea how computers work or DAWs.

I don't care how much you know about computers or DAWs, that is irrelevant. You however seem to care a great deal that a guy on an internet forum has a video on youtube in which the video and audio were recorded separately.
Page 1 of 2