Aralingh
Intelligent person
301 IQ
I will be uploading the original cinematic music I write to this thread, I plan on writing a lot and rather than make a new thread every time, I decided to just use one. I do not include video accompaniment or bother coming up with relevant song titles. Criticize if you wish- I will respond, I plan on uploading something new as soon as I finish the composition.
Last edited by Aralingh at Feb 3, 2013,
Skyvalve2012
1,136 IQ
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Oddly enough, sounds something like I would make.

Amazing piece, great job!
Aralingh
Intelligent person
301 IQ
Quote by Skyvalve2012
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Oddly enough, sounds something like I would make.

Amazing piece, great job!

Thank you, since it's holiday season, I will be trying to release something every day, I've already a few almost-finished compositions in the similar style of songwriting, though covering a slightly different theme.
Aralingh
Intelligent person
301 IQ
Youtube is screwing with my formats so I'll be uploading all future compositions to soundcloud, I've a really busy university term so I am unable to write a lot of material.

I did manage to re-mix the 3rd one finally.

https://soundcloud.com/aralingh/original-cinematic-0003

https://soundcloud.com/aralingh/original-cinematic-0002

https://soundcloud.com/aralingh/original-cinematic-0001
Voda La Void
43 IQ
It is beautiful and captivating for the first 2 minutes, then I found myself losing interest as the song never seemed to..progress...or change or develop into anything more. It just seemed to perpetually tread water. It could be because it's not a genre I have any experience in myself so, my opinion may not be worth much.

I have this same problem, in terms of songwriting. Good luck.
Aralingh
Intelligent person
301 IQ
Quote by Voda La Void
It is beautiful and captivating for the first 2 minutes, then I found myself losing interest as the song never seemed to..progress...or change or develop into anything more. It just seemed to perpetually tread water. It could be because it's not a genre I have any experience in myself so, my opinion may not be worth much.

I have this same problem, in terms of songwriting. Good luck.

Which one are you specifically referring to?

Regardless, though, you are somewhat right. Many of these tracks follow a specific theme without straying far ahead in terms of dynamics. I do plan on writing some diverse tracks, but I still like these ones as well. The point of this is to maintain the themes' integrity, if it is necessary.

It's not really a problem, just how I wanted the tracks to be shaped. I do try not to over-repeat parts, and if I do, I usually make sure that there are enough underlying elements to enjoy it, but, generally I like ambient tracks that provide a themed background, I personally don't experience any boredom in listening to similar tracks.