michau97
43 IQ
Hi!
i really need help, please tell me what effect was used to play solo in Scorpions - white dove and Scorpions - rock you like a hurricane. ill be very thankful. and you can also tell me what effect is the best to play rock/metal solos. regards!
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs
1,339 IQ
I didn't check myself, but in my experience the scorpions didn't really use any effects besides delay, reverb, and a lot of double tracking (which is a studio effect).
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ian_the_fox
Banned
2,990 IQ
You mean the harmonization? That's a second guitar player, not an effect you can buy at a guitar shop. Well you can "simulate" it with a harmoniser pedal but those almost always sound like shit.

As for the solo tone itself, it does appear to have a subtle detune effect to it, which is essentially 2 of the same thing played together but one of them slightly off pitch to create an ensemble effect similar to chorus but far different in means of production.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by michau97
and you can also tell me what effect is the best to play rock/metal solos. regards!

(reasonably) high gain tube amp with an overdrive boost pedal in front of it.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
514 IQ
That'd be a cranked Marshall. Aren't the Scorpions kind of known for not using effects?
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
yeah they have a pretty stinging tone.

sorry.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
haha dave well played.

Hey man, what kind of amp do you have? What effects you should be using really depend on the amp. and if you're using a modeller we can help you dial it in right.
michau97
43 IQ
oh kinda confused, thx everyone for help! i was thinking that the sound was just the original Marshall's distortion. Ian_the_fox, Kevin Saale You were most helpful but thank You all guys and i posted this just because im trying to record some good music using hughes and kettner and metal zone 2 effect but it sounds very very miserably, maybe You could give a piece of advice. Thx one more time!
michau97
43 IQ
almost forgotten, amp 30 watt and guitar B.C. Rich Warlock
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ what amp is it?

Quote by ihartfood
haha dave well played.

couldn't resist
Quote by classicrocker01

michau97
43 IQ
it has pretty good distortion but i dont know how to explain what's on my mind, well its horrible for solos, it sounds like.. like the amp was in a box, its not so bad when i play power chords, but its hard to hear single notes...
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
how loud can you play? i'm guessing you only play at home?
Quote by classicrocker01

michau97
43 IQ
yeah at home but i have nice parents and they let me play pretty loud, like 1/4 power, i put volume and gain on maximum (10) and master on 1/4 (2.5)
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
ah that's cool.

if you can stretch, a marshally-style (doesn't necessarily have to be marshall-branded) tube amp is probably what you want. with an od boost pedal.
Quote by classicrocker01

michau97
43 IQ
oh thx one more time, and last question. boost pedal doesnt change or modify the sound but only makes it louder, right?
monwobobbo
607 IQ
the newer stuff just used amp distortion with a little delay fopr leads and some chorus on the clean parts. pretty basic stuff. uli roth used fx on their 70s stuff like wah, fuzz and delay.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by michau97
oh thx one more time, and last question. boost pedal doesnt change or modify the sound but only makes it louder, right?

no a boost will increase the distortion if run into an already dirty amp. will probably change the tone a bit, too.
Quote by classicrocker01