Deadpool_25
1,596 IQ
I'm selling a bunch of gear and downsizing to a really simple rig. I play only at home (house, reasonably loud volumes are ok). I already have a Fender HRD (II I think...60th anniv). My pedal board will be the M13, possibly with my OCD. The Fulldrive 2 MOSFET might make the cut too.

I'm considering grabbing a Rebel 20 or a Tweaker 15 instead of the HRD. I'm looking for versatility: blues (Bonamassa, Mayer), rock (Parabelle, A7x) classic rock, jazz. Is there a compelling reason to switch to one of the Egnater amps? If so, which one? It seems like they have a bit more versatility than the HRD before adding drive pedals, maybe enough where I could even sell the OCD?

If it matters, I also have a Suhr Riot, though I think that one is probably expendable?
Guitars
- Ibanez S570DXQM
- Ibanez RG7421
- Fender John Mayer Strat
- Fender MIJ Strat
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amps
- Axe FX II XL+
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

fender
311 IQ
do it i use to play a hrd the drive channel on these suck unless you retube and possibly do other mods.
Marrowoflife
1,175 IQ
I'd take the Rebel 20 over the Tweaker. For me the tweaker doesn't have enough bass and just seemed sort of weak especially with drums.
JKHC
918 IQ
Quote by Marrowoflife
I'd take the Rebel 20 over the Tweaker. For me the tweaker doesn't have enough bass and just seemed sort of weak especially with drums.

+1

I never liked the tweaker, it sounded small.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)
3,630 IQ
The larger Tweakers are a lot better. More headroom, multiple channels, more versatility.

If you get a Rebel, go for the Rebel 30. I liked it more than the 20, personally.

With any of those, though, you'll want to keep the OCD for boosting for heavier stuff like A7X. I would always keep at least one OD pedal around, maybe two if you already have them.

As for a reason to change, that would pretty much come down to personal taste. I like the Egnaters more than the HRD, but I'm probably considered a fanboy at this point
Deadpool_25
1,596 IQ
Thanks guys. I picked up a Tweaker 15 combo. The combo appealed to me more than head+cab just for simplicity. I noodled around on it for a bit, found a couple tones I really liked, then found myself just playing around and listening to it. It doesn't seem to lack and bottom end to me but tastes vary I guess. I really like it a lot. I didn't even try the OCD in front of it yet but I will.

Thanks again!
Guitars
- Ibanez S570DXQM
- Ibanez RG7421
- Fender John Mayer Strat
- Fender MIJ Strat
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amps
- Axe FX II XL+
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60