Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb7mNXeFWWc

ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN!

Deadline is the 20th of February!

E-mail all entries to - ugbotb2013(@)gmail(.)com

Please make sure the subject of the e-mail is the following;

USERNAME - CATEGORY ENTERED

If you're entering two categories, please send two e-mails to make it easier. Any emails without the listed will be ignored, as I'm not taking the time to go through your entry and find out what category it is.
No giant pictures either please. Good luck!

That's right ladies and gentlemen, it's that wonderful time of year. Time to show off your stuff and win a fantastic bundle of prizes! Anyone can enter as long you follow the rules and get your entries in on time! The e-mail will be released on the 7th of January so get your boards polished and looking fancy. It's time for...

Battle of Boards 2013!

Rules:

1) You must take a photo of your board and e-mail to me. In the photo you have to include on a piece of paper your; Username, the date and the category you're entering.

2) You may only enter up to a maximum of 2 categories from 2 separate lists (See below).

3) All pedals must be hooked up and powered. You do not require them to be on a physical board, but they must be functional.

4) There will be one main prize to win, the details of the prize aren't confirmed yet, but we have had some contributions so far (See list below). If you would like to make a contribution to the prize, please PM Eppicurt.
The winners of each category will all be placed into a draw and the winner will be chosen at random to make the distribution of the prizes fair (i.e. no cheating or getting friends to vote you up). Shipping charges may occur depending on location.

5) After the deadline any boards emailed to me will not be entered.

6) If you'd like to change an entry, contact Eppicurt to arrange it.
Rules for each category:

List A)
Small Board - 1-5 pedals
Medium Board - 6-9 pedals
Large Board - 10+ pedals

Note: Multi-fx's count as 1 pedal. Footswitches don't count as pedals. If a footswitch is connected to a pedal (i.e. a tap tempo) it counts as apart of the pedal.

List B)
Boutique Board - PBT will determine if a board is 100% 'boutique'.
Budget Board - No pedal over $100 RRP including mods and other work done to it.
DIY Board - Pedals built only by yourself, kits are allowed.

List C)
Full Rig - As much gear as you want, as long as you can fit it in shot.
Demo - No videos longer than 5 minutes and must be uploaded to a public website (i.e. Youtube)

Current Prize Pot:
1x Toyroom 'Mystery' Pedal
1x Mooer Shimverb
2x Fender FT-004 Clip on Headstock Tuner
1x 1mm 12 Pack of Dunlop Tortex Picks
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Last edited by Eppicurt at Jan 27, 2013,
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
Gonna win with my board full of Toy Room!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
what if your pedals aren't b00teek, budget or diy?

like is an old maxon ad9 pro and an old boss ce-3 (mij) considered b00teek? i only paid over $100 for the ad9 pro.

my klone was $100 so does that count for budget?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 31, 2012,
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
i mean, i wouldn't consider them budget, or b00teek.

just old.

ok, i'll accept "vintage".

how about a budget/vintage category, and nobody else enter it.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 31, 2012,
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
what if your pedals aren't b00teek, budget or diy?

like is an old maxon ad9 pro and an old boss ce-3 (mij) considered b00teek? i only paid over $100 for the ad9 pro.

my klone was $100 so does that count for budget?

You can go full rig or demo.

It should be no more than $100, so something that is $100 is okay.

Typically boutique is non mass produced stuff or standard pedals from a company that are pre-ordered or made to order (I.E. Skreddy/Paul C./Toneczar). But you can send off a photo and PBT dudes will determine whether or not it is. We won't be too harsh.

Quote by chip46
Edit: Though depending on number of entries, it may mean fewer people in each category.

This was my thinking.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
chip46
Do wasps make honey?
166 IQ
Yeah, so I guess if you don't fall into DIY or Boutique, just throw up a full rig shot.

Hell, that may be what I do unless I can get a full DIY board together, though I remember last year I was put into DIY even though I only had about 4 or 5 DIY things on my board, the rest being standard stuff.
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Ohh man. May enter my pathetic board to make others feel better about themselves.

Budget board. Probably do a full rig as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Dec 31, 2012,
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
I almost have a completly different board this year, I added a reverb and OD and swapped my j+h with a vintage turbo rat.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
I think people are confused about the lists.

So you can choose two of the categories (small board, budget, full rig, etc) but only one from either list A, B or C. So you can't enter in small and medium. It has to be from 2 separate lists.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
I don't really qualify for anything but full rig.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
You qualify for small.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
I know technically I have a small, but I don't think a ****ing GT-10 should count as 1 pedal.

Unless it does just count for one in your eyes, then I'll submit to small as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
I know technically I have a small, but I don't think a ****ing GT-10 should count as 1 pedal.

Unless it does just count for one in your eyes, then I'll submit to small as well.

Yup. Should probably add that in the OP. Thanks.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
1,335 IQ
Can we make bets? I already have a good feeling on the winners.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
1,335 IQ
Quote by darkwolf291
Matt gets his own separate category.

He has enough stuff he can enter all of the categories multiple times, so he's gonna battle himself

You already knew...
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
What is the last day for submission? Eppicurt can you post your E-mail.

Sorry I am retarded and need it spelled out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by R45VT
What is the last day for submission? Eppicurt can you post your E-mail.

Sorry I am retarded and need it spelled out.

The email gets released on the 7th of Jan. The last day isn't set in stone yet, at the moment it looks like until the end of the month, however it could change depending on the amount of traffic we get for it.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I K0nijn I
1,040 IQ
Does a footswitch for an amp count as a pedal? And does an expression pedal for another pedal?
I've been watching these ever since I discovered these were held, might as well join in, even though I don't have that much to bring. :P
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
ma_tt11
Threadkiller
889 IQ
I'll enter this at some point, if I can get all my pedals together in once place lol

Edit: are we going by the retail price of the pedals, or what we paid for them? I got an MXR Carbon Copy that I paid $90 for, but they retail around $160-$170, what happens there?
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
championguitar
Federal Agent
658 IQ
Quote by I K0nijn I
Does a footswitch for an amp count as a pedal? And does an expression pedal for another pedal?
I've been watching these ever since I discovered these were held, might as well join in, even though I don't have that much to bring. :P

personally my first thought is that a footswitch doesn't count but a expression pedal does but its adma's show i'd just wait for for to pop in
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by I K0nijn I

Footswitch, no. Volume, yes. Technically the footswitch is for the amp sounds, not sounds generated by the pedal.

Quote by ma_tt11
I'll enter this at some point, if I can get all my pedals together in once place lol

Edit: are we going by the retail price of the pedals, or what we paid for them? I got an MXR Carbon Copy that I paid $90 for, but they retail around $160-$170, what happens there?

Retail. We had a problem with the budget in that people could pay for pedals that are much more expensive than $100 used for a lot less and still enter in budget. So you could have people with Danelectro and Mooer pedals against people who bought more expensive stuff below $100. Depending on how much call we get for this category, we might adjust the rules.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Quote by Eppicurt
Footswitch, no. Volume, yes. Technically the footswitch is for the amp sounds, not sounds generated by the pedal.
So is a clean boost.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by I K0nijn I
Okay, thanks for the answer. :-)

Good luck.

Quote by Cathbard
So is a clean boost.

Don't be a smartass.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
gumbilicious
beginner
1,237 IQ
Quote by greeny23
boards with toyroom pedals on them get double points.

waiting for my double points.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by greeny23
boards with toyroom pedals on them get double points.

The opposite, actually.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
evening_crow
Live: from Japan!!!
1,711 IQ
I just built a pedalboard this weekend so it's perfect timing for me!

I'll be putting it on the large board category for sure and full rig probably. I guess a lot of my stuff could be kinda considered boutique but I have some few things things that aren't and as for under 100 bucks... yeah definitely not!

You should have a "tidy" category and maybe a sub category for diy? As in the board itself not just the pedals.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Hi!!! I'm Bob.
(")_(")

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

Founder of the "I ♥ Fire" Club PM me to join.
Gen. Crow of the Pizza Bite Army
Me. Naked.

WARNING: I kill threads.