The head is an Orange AD30 with three speaker output jacks - two 8ohm and one 16ohm.

The cabs are:

Cab one: 16ohm 2x12 Marshall 1936 loaded with two Celestion G12C and two inputs
Cab two: 16ohm 2x12 Orange PPC212, loaded with two Celestion Vintage 30s and two inputs

How shall I run the connections?

Should it be:

Single speaker cable from first 8ohm output of head to 8ohm input of cab one and then single speaker cable from second 8ohm output of head into input of cab 2?

Thanks
Last edited by Sirakov at Dec 31, 2012,
quote from the manual:
When using two Orange 16 ohm speaker cabinets attach each one to a separate 8 ohm output socket on your amplifier.

So, yep. It should be the way you suggested.
You should take 2 leads from the 8 ohm outputs of the amp and put it in the 16 ohm inputs from the cabs.

2x 16 ohm cabs make a load of 8 ohm, when you put the leads into the 8 ohm inputs of the cabs it will be a 4 ohm load which is too heavy for your amp and could damage it at higher volumes.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Last edited by RMB at Jan 1, 2013,
Quote by RMB
when you put the leads into the 8 ohm inputs of the cabs it will be a 4 ohm load which is too heavy for your amp and could damage it at higher volumes.

i don't see anything about 8 ohm setings on the cabs, i think he onl has a 16 option for the cabs.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
He says he connects the 8 ohm from the amp to the 8 ohm of the cabs, this is not right with two 8 ohm inputs on the cab.
8 Ohm or 4 Ohm inputs on the cabs would be wrong.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Last edited by RMB at Jan 1, 2013,