Page 78 of 123
Shame that the kevlar belts basically undid all of Merc's development but at least the tires aren't kablaming.
Quote by Diamond Dave
geeze, I hope they can afford to attend the next race..

Gonna be a close call :/ Shame, I'd miss them.

Quote by Diamond Dave
geeze, I hope they can afford to attend the next race..

Someone won't be wiping for a day.
So.. I feel like Alonso kinda hasn't been looking too fantastic the last few races. Almost as if he's a little disinterested.

e: Also, got 55 points on the predictor somehow Up 3 places to 2nd.
Last edited by Khann at Jul 7, 2013,
Quote by Khann
So.. I feel like Alonso kinda hasn't been looking too fantastic the last few races. Almost as if he's a little disinterested.

e: Also, got 55 points on the predictor somehow Up 3 places to 2nd.

I think he's just aware that Ferrari development has stalled, and at the same time Seb is racking up the wins - or has been in the position to take the win if the car hadn't failed. In comparison, Alonso is struggling to even breach the top 3, let alone win a race

But still, Alonso is Alonso, I don't think racing and disinterest go hand in hand for him
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
How anyone can be disinterested when their team is royally ****ing over their teammate just for them, I don't know

He must just be a bitch
alonso is probably still getting used to the feeling of his facial hair in his helmet, he'll be fine soon.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Man, not a surprise though. Real shame about Sauber, i guess since Checo left the funding went way down
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
If it does work out to be true, who is going to replace him? It surely would be a pay driver, but their reserve isn't a pay driver (frijns). He can't even get the cash for a full gp2 campaign. Sauber would be ****ed!
Sauber seems fuked anyways, maybe Massa will swap drives with him, Massa is nowhere near a top driver now, but if they want a pay driver that's out, Massa would be lucky to get even a non paying drive next year
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 8, 2013,
Massa has had some genuinely good speed this season. He seems to always **** it up somehow though.
Quote by Khann
Massa has had some genuinely good speed this season. He seems to always **** it up somehow though.

Yes. He does.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23230229

Take a read of the Lotus section. To be honest the highlights were terrible and i literally have no idea what happened now.

EDIT:

Hmm, I think Hulkenberg to Ferrari and Kimi to RBR after all of this.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Jul 8, 2013,
The only thing with Kimi to RBR is what would happen to Ricciardo? Just chill in TR for another couple years? He'd have to bail on the Red Bull consortium to progress his career.
If Kimi leaves Lotus that puts Lotus in a bad spot. They lose their star and they're left with Monsieur CrashALot who they've been looking to replace anyway. Hulk will definitely look to leave Sauber if Sauber doesn't come into a lot of money fast. But would he gamble on losing the opportunity at Massa's seat with a Lotus contract?

Ricciardo is an option. As is Glock. Kovalainen? Kamui? Any noteworthies in GP2?

If Hulk goes to Ferrari I guess that opens up Massa as well.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 9, 2013,
Ricciardo and Hulkenburg at Lotus could be good. They've both got a few years in F1. Fair enough they're not Kimi, but eh, they're not exactly spoiled for choice when it comes to champions.

e: wait wait wait... Kubica. KUBICA
Last edited by Khann at Jul 9, 2013,
I think Lotus will hang on to Romain, he did a great drive last race. I guess I'd still want to see a bit more before I signed him though if I was Lotus.
Brundle mentioned JEV is being reviewed as an option for Lotus. If they bin RoGro, and TOTAL want another Frenchie, then it would make sense from a commercial perspective. That's how I see it coming together though.

Don't ever rule out the possibility of reserve drive roles as well. Obv not for the likes of Kimi but for the younger ones, Hulk spent a year as FI's reserve remember.

Khann - Kubica can't race in F1 (or any open wheel category) because he doesn't have full movement of his right arm and can't operate in a tight space, unless F1 widen the size of the cockpit - which won't happen. So he's with WRC2 for now. I heard he's in the running for the WTCC too.
Last edited by Boxhead at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by Rossenrot
Ferrari and Lotus might have some seats opening up, that is of course if they pass me up. I'm pretty good at F1 2013 on the Xbox.

Are you some sort of time travelling warlock? F1 2013 isn't even out yet.
Quote by Boxhead
Brundle mentioned JEV is being reviewed as an option for Lotus. If they bin RoGro, and TOTAL want another Frenchie, then it would make sense from a commercial perspective. That's how I see it coming together though.

How many STR drivers have actually made it out of there? only one that comes to mind is Liuzzi, and he didn't have a stellar career.

EDIT: Sportscar news: Strakka have pulled out of the remaining races of the WEC to prepare for the 2014 regulations change. I'm half happy about this because I'm a massive Rebellion fan but it makes LMP1 even more onesided. Roll on 2014 :/

Quote by sam b
He's going to batter Bottas. Aye, stick that in your sig Bill

Last edited by bill976 at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by Boxhead
Khann - Kubica can't race in F1 (or any open wheel category) because he doesn't have full movement of his right arm and can't operate in a tight space, unless F1 widen the size of the cockpit - which won't happen. So he's with WRC2 for now. I heard he's in the running for the WTCC too.

Don't.

Just don't.

It's hard to determine RBR actual goals, when you think about it Vettel and Webber are on equal terms. Or at least that's how RBR present it, and it's generally how Webber feels as well. So I don't see any issue of having Kimi move in - after all, Vettel is likely moving to Ferrari in the future.

I'd say the RBR seat is either Ricciardo's or Kimi's, with the Hulk taking the Ferrari seat and Di Resta replacing Grosjean with Massa moving to Lotus.

EDIT:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23238016

Does anyone know why JEV was never really in the running? He was mostly even with Ricciardo.

Also, Kimi got paid late... Kimi wouldn't be happy about that. I see the RBR seat hinging on his decision, if he turns it down well then Ricciardo gets it is what I expect to be the logic

EDIT 2:

"The reports they are getting from Sauber about Hulkenberg have not been positive, despite the obvious promise he has shown in some races, particularly in leading last year's Brazilian Grand Prix for Force India." Whaaaattt

EDIT 3:

Look what I found...

(Invalid img)
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by bill976
How many STR drivers have actually made it out of there? only one that comes to mind is Liuzzi, and he didn't have a stellar career.

EDIT: Sportscar news: Strakka have pulled out of the remaining races of the WEC to prepare for the 2014 regulations change. I'm half happy about this because I'm a massive Rebellion fan but it makes LMP1 even more onesided. Roll on 2014 :/

Bourdais had a great career before STR sweeping CCWS, its been okay since but has been a bit lacking since Peugeot pulled out of ILMS.

It's a good move from Strakka, they have no spares and its pointless to run their HPD when the rules change so much next year. 2014 LMP1 will be sweet - Audi, Porsche, Toyota, Rebellion, Strakka.. wasn't Dome involved too? Would be good to see Pescarolo, JRM and Highcroft back in the mix too.
Quote by Anthony1991

EDIT 3:

Look what I found...

(Invalid img)

WhatisthisIdon'teven.

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Well... I ended up doing this

You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Anyone see this (scarbs impression of what the 2014 cars could look like)

I hate the idea of a single exhaust at the back from an aesthetic point of view. It's just so.. un-F1 as I've always known it.

The noses will be really low too apparently
I like the wide front wings
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
http://www.fia.com/news/fia-reinforces-f1-safety

Basically, although these rules are approved for 2014, the FIA are trying to push them through now:

In order to reduce the risk of similar accidents in the future, the FIA, on the initiative of its President, Jean Todt, will be seeking to make changes to the Formula One Sporting Regulations. In order to effect this, the FIA today informed teams that the approval of the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) will immediately be sought for two changes to the Sporting Regulations. Both of these changes have already been approved for 2014. However, for safety reasons, the WMSC will be asked to approve their immediate implementation. The changes are:

1) Article 23.11*, which will now require all team personnel working on a car during a pit stop to wear head protection.

2) Article 30.12**, which will provide for a reduction of the pit lane speed limit during races from 100km/h to 80km/h (with the exception of Melbourne, Monaco and Singapore, where due to track configuration the limit remains at 60km/h).

Finally, in relation to the incident at the German Grand Prix, the FIA is expecting a written report from Red Bull Racing tomorrow. This will also be shared with the other teams in order to help improve pit lane safety.

* 23.11 Team personnel are only allowed in the pit lane immediately before they are required to work on a car and must withdraw as soon as the work is complete. All team personnel carrying out any work on a car during a race pit stop must be wearing head protection.

** 30.12 A speed limit of 80km/h will be imposed in the pit lane during the whole Event. However, this limit may be amended by the stewards following a recommendation from the FIA F1 safety delegate. Any team whose driver exceeds the limit during any practice session will be fined €100 for each km/h above the limit, up to a maximum of €1000. However, in accordance with Article 18.1 the stewards may inflict an additional penalty if they suspect a driver was speeding in order to gain any sort of advantage. During the race the stewards may impose either of the penalties under Article 16.3a) or b) on any driver who exceeds the limit.

EDIT: Not too sure how logical an 80kph speed limit is. Wheels will still be coming off at 80kph and they could still hit people. It's a bit of a non-solution really.

Quote by sam b
He's going to batter Bottas. Aye, stick that in your sig Bill

Last edited by bill976 at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by Boxhead
Bourdais had a great career before STR sweeping CCWS, its been okay since but has been a bit lacking since Peugeot pulled out of ILMS.

It's a good move from Strakka, they have no spares and its pointless to run their HPD when the rules change so much next year. 2014 LMP1 will be sweet - Audi, Porsche, Toyota, Rebellion, Strakka.. wasn't Dome involved too? Would be good to see Pescarolo, JRM and Highcroft back in the mix too.

I think I read somewhere that Dome are teaming up with Pescarolo to run a works Dome lmp1 team. They're definitely entering an lmp1 anyway, and I think they are unveiling a customer lmp2 aswell. Either way lmp1 next year will be great, and I imagine with the new United Sportscar racing championship business will be booming for lmp2 constructors.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I agree about knocking the speed limit down, yeah it'll reduce impact speed - but would it really make a difference? Getting slammed at 80kph is still getting slammed at 80kph.

The best thing would be neck braces and helmets, because the main concern isn't getting hit with the tyre (if you're going to get hit, you're going to get hit...) but more about connecting with the ground afterwards that's the issue.

I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to be honest, the light system failed and the tyre registered as on when it wasn't - that was the real issue. Unless they go in the pits and leave them at something crazy slow that's when it will be greatly safer.

EDIT:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23249596

So now they've just banned all media from the pitlane instead Pretty ridiculous. Part of F1 is being up-close and getting to see all that stuff on TV, that's just part of what makes it, and what has always made it.

I hope this doesn't last too long. Just put cameras on robots...
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Jul 9, 2013,
Actually I've always thought that cameramen in the pitlane during a race was dumb. Teams should have the maximum space to run around without worrying about bumping into the guy with a 60lb piece of recording equipment.

4 cameras per pit box can cover all the most common angles. The team behind you records the rear of your box, the team in front records the front of your box, and you can see the pit lane approach and pit lane exit from your own box. Like so--

Add one per team on the pitwall looking back at the box for a profile shot. Throw a bunch of GoPros at the teams and make it happen.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 9, 2013,