floorgenerator
144 IQ
I was thinking about this the other day. I think Ben Cooper from Electric President and Radical Face is definitely my favorite lyricist of all time. You should check him out if you've never listened to him. His lyrics are so melancholy but incredibly beautiful at the same time. The Tallest Man on Earth is a close second though.
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
819 IQ
Tom Waits
Bruce Springsteen
Roger Waters
Trent Reznor
Brian Fallon
Eddie Vedder
Ben Nichols

Hard to pick one favorite. Everyone of 'em has songs that hit ya' in the feels .
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
an epic mistake
854 IQ
Quote by Toadvine
Tom Waits
Bruce Springsteen
Roger Waters
Trent Reznor
Brian Fallon
Eddie Vedder
Ben Nichols

Hard to pick one favorite. Everyone of 'em has songs that hit ya' in the feels .

+1 on the Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen, and Ben Nichols.

Also, Justin Vernon and John Darnielle

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
GregMurray7
56 IQ
Craig Finn of the Hold Steady, or Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit.
helltothee
Idiot
55 IQ
May seem a typical choice, but Kurt Cobain. Brian Fallon, Frank Turner, Tim McIlrath and Eddie Vedder also get kudos.

Quote by FryingNemo
I saw Satan one day
He looked kinda gay
The bible hates gays
So Satan I shall slay
Amen.
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
819 IQ
"I took the Virgin Mary axe to the sweet baby Jane, lost my innocence to a good girl, coil my tongue around a bumble bee's mouth, and I give it all back to you."

I was listening to this album today. Hadn't heard it in forever, but man, Billy Corgan has got some brilliant lyrics in it.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
blake schwarzenbach, morrissey, yoni wolf, spoonboy, jeff mangum, and paul baribeau
genghisgandhi
Kristaps Porzingis
4,324 IQ
Sean Bonnette
Himanshu Suri
Victor Vasquez aka Kool AD aka Big Dragon aka Little Dragon aka second best rapper with glasses after E40
Spanner93
333 IQ
Dan Auerbach
Dallas Green (City and Colour only, Alexisonfire was meh lyrically)
Arctic Monkeys in general (predominantly Helders and Turner)
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
kingbabyduck
Cracking Eggs of Wisdom
482 IQ
Ben Gibbard
Josh Homme
Andy Hull (Manchester Orchestra)
John Baldwin Gourley (Portugal. The Man)
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by genghisgandhi
Sean Bonnette
Himanshu Suri
Victor Vasquez aka Kool AD aka Big Dragon aka Little Dragon aka second best rapper with glasses after E40

i dunno whose lyrics i like better but heems is probably the greatest rapper ever. seems like a dick though, and not in an endearing way.
SaulnierE
630 IQ
Stephen Malkmus is definitely #1 for me. David Berman and Elliott Smith are also excellent
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
sometimes i feel like i hate malkmus's lyrics. i used to love them but now they just annoy me, goddamn phony obtuse cryptoyuppie.
genghisgandhi
Kristaps Porzingis
4,324 IQ
Quote by due 07
i dunno whose lyrics i like better but heems is probably the greatest rapper ever. seems like a dick though, and not in an endearing way.

That's just an online persona, I think. Every anecdote I've read about him makes him out to be a great guy. Really smart too. I hope he does well for himself.

Re: who's better, I think Victor's best bars are better than Heem's best but Heems is way more consistent.

Also, Christopher Owens.
NickStrick
62 IQ
Oooooo, Robin Pecknold is still number one, but then it's Hank Williams, then Bob Dylan. That's my three. Dig 'em.
bradulator
normcore
2,427 IQ
Quote by due 07
sometimes i feel like i hate malkmus's lyrics. i used to love them but now they just annoy me, goddamn phony obtuse cryptoyuppie.

I pretty much only listen to Pavement when i'm in the mood for slacking and zany lyrics so I like them even though I don't have any clue what any of them mean and I don't care. I bet he'd be a good rapper.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by genghisgandhi
That's just an online persona, I think. Every anecdote I've read about him makes him out to be a great guy. Really smart too. I hope he does well for himself.

Re: who's better, I think Victor's best bars are better than Heem's best but Heems is way more consistent.

Also, Christopher Owens.

i just miss dr so much. ;~;

hey how's that guy's new album? i liked most girls stuff i listened to.
Quote by bradulator
I pretty much only listen to Pavement when i'm in the mood for slacking and zany lyrics so I like them even though I don't have any clue what any of them mean and I don't care. I bet he'd be a good rapper.

yeah i usually really like zany lyrics, but recently i've been like "nooo i only want sentimental shit" so pavement irks me lol.

speaking of sort of zany lyrics, flags is for real one of my favorite lyricists. <33
Last edited by due 07 at Jan 22, 2013,
CageTheClou
33 IQ
Alex Turner and John Lennon.
Last edited by CageTheClou at May 27, 2013,