Page 5 of 15
Quote by TheChaz
^
Congrats!

Just did my leg workout. Goddamn chicken legs. I slept funky last night and my back was all out of whack, so I substituted leg press for squats. I can do I think... 4? reps at 225 for squats. Trying to move that up to 275. Also, I decided to run a mile before every lifting session because my cardio is crap. I was running 3 miles a day over the summer, but I stopped because I hate running and I haven't done cardio for about 3 months.

If you are doing a proper squat, 225 is not 'chicken legs'.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
If you didn't hit parallel it's not a squat
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I hit parallel. I'm doing it properly. My legs are still quite scrawny.
Quote by element4433
you need to get in the gym

So I need to be one of those dudes who boast about how much they bench? I have a membership, but I don't have much of a routine.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Had my first rugby match of the new year today and my body is ruined. And we lost. Yay.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by steve_muse
So I need to be one of those dudes who boast about how much they bench? I have a membership, but I don't have much of a routine.
You don't have to boast but the only way to put on muscle and gain weight is eating a lot and lifting heavy weights.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Everyone who doesn't want to get into a gym, this guy has loads and loads of free nutrition, home workout plans, and a multitude of advice:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/

EDIT:
Quote by element4433
You don't have to boast but the only way to put on muscle and gain weight is eating a lot and lifting heavy weights.

Not necessarily. Bodyweight exercises can work, so can lifting objects that aren't free weights. But admittedly, free weights are generally the easiest way
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Last edited by Junglie at Jan 6, 2013,
Quote by element4433

Fair 'nuff. How about a class that's on in my sports centre which includes lifting barbell weights for each muscle, intervals in between, and more fast paced/competitive than sitting alone on a bench?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by blake1221
No, we do.

You never fail to bring it up.

Oh my god Blake, I'm really excited about this. Why you gotta be that way?

I've decided that I'm gonna lose weight because HRT works better if I weight less apparently, and if I lose boy fat I can afford to gain girl fat. Plus if I lose weight and work on my legs a bit, I might be able to dunk. That would be pretty great.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by steve_muse
Fair 'nuff. How about a class that's on in my sports centre which includes lifting barbell weights for each muscle, intervals in between, and more fast paced/competitive than sitting alone on a bench?

Circuit training is a great all-round fitness tool. It's why so many military, police, fire and rescue organisations use it.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
^Yeah, I mean although I want to beef up and look less skinny, I want to be stronger/fitter too.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Sure, I'm up for it. I'm not particularly out of shape but I really need to increase my fitness for football. I'll have a crack at that 100 push up challenge too.

Started week 3, column 3.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Last edited by SMH07 at Jan 6, 2013,
So I finished my first 100 pushup challenge workout today (started on week 3, 3rd column). All went well but I could only reach 12 (of 20) push ups in the last set. Does this mean I still do day 2 and 3, or do I stick to day 1 until I can do it?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
So I finished my first 100 pushup challenge workout today (started on week 3, 3rd column). All went well but I could only reach 12 (of 20) push ups in the last set. Does this mean I still do day 2 and 3, or do I stick to day 1 until I can do it?

Stick with the first workout until you can do it, or go down a level.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Heck, I'm in. I've been losing weight for my drum corps audition next month, and will probably continue so I can audition this December for Genesis. My goal is just to be able to run 2 miles at at least a quick jog without stopping or dying *too* bad. Not too bad, but still a long way away for me. I'm only at about half a mile right now.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by steve_muse
^Yeah, I mean although I want to beef up and look less skinny, I want to be stronger/fitter too.

What's your calorie intake right now?
just finished week 3 of both the 100 pushup challenge and the 200 squat challenge - i'm sore, but not 'i've damaged something' sore. The squats one is easier because hockey has given me decent quads already; but the pushups one is going well too.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
I'm in. Starting tomorrow.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
yo so should we use this thread to post progress pictures and whatnot or is this just a sign-up?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I guess my goal is to be able to lift at least 205 by mid year and to be overall more fit.

Starting the 100 push ups program today on week 3. I know I can do at least 30, so hopefully this should progress well.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by TheChaz
What's your calorie intake right now?

I don't know. How do I find out? Count everything I eat?
Quote by ErikLensherr

I think I'm gonna do the 100 pushup challenge. I can do pushups pretty well but nowhere near 100

Starting all my stuff tomorrow
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
well if we're doing this, here's what I ate yesterday:

breakfast:
- 1 glass of milk
- 50 g camembert

lunch:
- 1 bowl hakka noodles
- handful of papaya

dinner:
- 1 bowl hakka noodles
- 3 squares of hershey's dark chocolate

I suck at cooking eggs but I will try to cook something with eggs for lunch because I accidentally made too much food and now I have to eat hakka noodles for every meal
cat
my current music selection is really making running a chore, particularly on the freezing days when the treadmill/stairmaster are killing me with boredom. what are you guys listening to in order to make those long workouts go by faster and keep a rhythm? specific artists appreciated!
Quote by vintage x metal
yo so should we use this thread to post progress pictures and whatnot or is this just a sign-up?
Do whatever you want. I'd like it to be more community based, rather than just sign up.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
pendulum is great to run to.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Yea, I was hoping for a more community based thread. Sign-up threads start all the time and then once everyone who wants to sign up does, it dies, and then I forget about it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by N_J_B_B
pendulum is great to run to.

this

my friend is an aspiring DJ so I listen to his mixes (electro house/dnb/hardstyle) when i work out. or I listen to the radio (generic catchy pop/electro)

knife party helps me squat better
cat
Does anyone know if there is a similar workout routine as the 100 Pushup Challenge but for pullups?
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
Does anyone know if there is a similar workout routine as the 100 Pushup Challenge but for pullups?

Yea, look on the left side of the 100 pushups link in the op.

EDIT: http://www.twentyfivepullups.com/

Here you go.
Wait... nevermind. It says coming soon...
Just do something similar to the 100 push up thing, but play with the numbers depending on how many you'd like to do.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yea, that's what I figured

Shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. (:
___

Quote by The_Blode
Theres a website called 7 weeks to fitness that has a 50 pullup program, but you have to sign up for an account to gain access to the free programs. I'll let you guys know if it's legit.
Quote by steve_muse
I don't know. How do I find out? Count everything I eat?

Yep. It's not as hard as you might think. You want to make sure you're eating enough if you're going to be lifting.

In other news, just finished my workout. Also, I tried my squats to make sure I wasn't bullshitting, and it was actually 3 reps going parallel with 225. I couldn't hit parallel on the 4th rep. My actual workout was shoulders, but I had to cut it off early, because I cut my hand and it wouldn't stop bleeding.
Yeah. I'm in. Need to crack down again. I was doing well for a while, but I've slacked off.

I've managed to lose about 40-45 pounds since last February or so. I still want to lose about 15 more, and I want to add some muscle definition.
Had some shredded steak that cooked in a crockpot all day with a baked sweet potato and some broccoli. Dinner was delicious.

Kinda think I want to get in on this "100 pushups" deal, but I have no upper body strength whatsoever. I think the most I've ever done is 3.. so we'll see how this goes.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Quote by Gaiad
Had some shredded steak that cooked in a crockpot all day with a baked sweet potato and some broccoli. Dinner was delicious.

Kinda think I want to get in on this "100 pushups" deal, but I have no upper body strength whatsoever. I think the most I've ever done is 3.. so we'll see how this goes.

Pushups really aren't that hard if you keep at them.

I did something similar to the 100 pushup challenge a few years ago and it's really amazing how quickly you improve at them.
___

Quote by The_Blode