salamander121
Drummer
1,826 IQ
Hey all,

I feel I'm slowly on the right track when it comes to mastering in particular and with this song I think I've managed to get everything clear and at a good level - just wanting to know if anything sticks out too much in the recording etc.

Besides that any comments would be cool and of course will be returned!

https://soundcloud.com/finlay-cable/look-right-through-me
robo37
1,507 IQ
A bit on the basic side but it has a really nice industrial sound, and I mean REALLY nice, and the lyrics and singing style work really well, and then that bit at the end sounds rather beautiful too.

*clicks replay button*
Zerath
Tab Contributor
1,022 IQ
Nice song dude! I feel like the guitars would need som more punch to them and the drums are a tiny bit low in the mix. Other than that its pretty good.
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno
114 IQ
I fancy myself as more of a songwriter than a production/guitar player freak. No two people would ever do the final mix the same....

Anyways, I like the song. You have a naturally good voice, don't be shy - nail the bitch!

There are a million guitar players better than me and you, the key is the ability to write complete cohesive songs. You are on your way with this.

Keep on playin' and give a listen to mine if you have a sec.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1580347

Thanks for sharing!

DWS
Last edited by DancesWithSheep at Jan 3, 2013,
zymn
653 IQ
It all sounds pretty great, except the rhythm guitar seems a little too loud over everything else in some places. Good job on vocals though. I dig it.
CarsickPhil
208 IQ
Dear Salamander
Great song - good composition and well performed on all fronts. Like the others I'd take the rhythm guitar down a little. This also might take out some of the clipping in the mix, which I think I can hear in the peaks but I'm not sure (beyond the clearly intended distortions). Impressed. A really professional job.
All the best
Phil
dmitry.gubsky
Discipline me more!
153 IQ
Quote by salamander121
Hey all,

I feel I'm slowly on the right track when it comes to mastering in particular and with this song I think I've managed to get everything clear and at a good level - just wanting to know if anything sticks out too much in the recording etc.

Besides that any comments would be cool and of course will be returned!

https://soundcloud.com/finlay-cable/look-right-through-me

Hi, cool song, really good production, but, for my ear, distorted drums have a lot of highs, and sound a little fizzy at high end. Btw, are you using fuzz on guitars?
salamander121
Drummer
1,826 IQ
Quote by dmitry.gubsky
Hi, cool song, really good production, but, for my ear, distorted drums have a lot of highs, and sound a little fizzy at high end. Btw, are you using fuzz on guitars?

Thanks man - yeah, struggled to bring the drums through so I raised the highs a bit but I prolly should have notched the high mids a bit more! For guitar I was trying to go for the kind of sound NIN have in Hand That Feeds.
Wattsbo
120 IQ
Sorry about taking so long to crit you back! I was busy and forgot to check for replies! Thanks for the feedback!

Anyway, your song sounds fantastic, I might turn down the treble a little bit on the drums, but this is actually really good. I might bring the vocals up a bit, you have a good voice, and the guitar sort of drowns them out in some places. The part beginning 75% of the way through is awesome! Keep it up man, I'm digging it.