Page 4 of 4
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
You're right TS. I don't understand how anybody could not enjoy vocalists who scream, and drummers who play blast beats at 300 bpm.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
2,788 IQ
Quote by anvil is god
Grow up and listen to post-rock, you pansy.

Quote by element4433
Metal is for dorks. Listen to post rock like an adult.

Quote by whywefight
Grow up, post-rock, etc.

Quote by blake1221
People still don't exclusively listen to post rock?

What a coincidence that I put this album on before entering the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFAQa3HlYYw

Quote by whywefight
Out of line, colonel. Listen to post-rock, not your prehistoric viking shit.

ps.... everyone knows btbam is god-tier music

More like shit-tier.
Lord_Doku
ancient bass
1,984 IQ
Just punch him in the face, and tell him that he would never understand anything anyway.
E7#9
Registered missle cruiser
183 IQ
TS, how about you try listening to a genre of music that YOU don't "understand" for an extended period of time?

It might give you some ideas on how to deal with this.

Not everyone likes everything you like, so get used to it.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Post-rock? Do you guys mean the genre where every band sound exactly like each other and make long pretentious songs and name them "hip" things that make no sense?

Not saying it's bad per se but it's really nothng special. Godspeed You Black Emperor are rather nice but besides that it feels like I've heard most bands after I listened to Lift Your Skinny...
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Post-rock? Do you guys mean the genre where every band sound exactly like each other and make long pretentious songs and name them "hip" things that make no sense?

Not saying it's bad per se but it's really nothng special. Godspeed You Black Emperor are rather nice but besides that it feels like I've heard most bands after I listened to Lift Your Skinny...

Godspeed sound nothing like This Will Destroy You, who sound nothing like Mogwai, who sound nothing like *Shels, who sound nothing like Moving Mountains, who sound nothing like If These Trees Could Talk, who sound nothing like 65daysofstatic, who sound nothing like Pianos Become The Teeth.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Joshua Garcia
Lost boy
5,671 IQ
Quote by captainsnazz
I'm starting to dislike post-rock fans even more than I dislike metal fans.

I like both of those genres stop making me look bad guys godroardamnit.

I like post-hardcore. Don't I get any hate?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
2,788 IQ
I didn't even know the pit was aware of post-rock until now.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Post-rock will eventually be like Metal to the pit? I'll get a head start!

I stopped listening to Post-Rock after I turned 12.
ThrashUnleashed
stealing human bones
443 IQ
I don't think I've ever listened to Post-rock.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
Tell them that it's just your taste in music, it doesn't matter too much whether they like it or not, i mean, i have lived with people who listen to music i don't like, but the furthest i would go is to turn it down a little if it's too loud.

Also, you may well look back in two years time and absolutely hate metal, people's music tastes change, man.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
808 IQ
I like when metal gets spacey and takes a kind of post-rocky approach. It's pretty much the best.

Also, I agree a little bit that post-rock comes off as similar in a "climax-core" sort of way. Not saying all of it, but a fair bit is all about the release.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
k.lainad
vapelyfe
2,244 IQ
Who cares what your brother or anyone thinks, it's just music. Relax. If you like a genre (tech death, heavy metal, metal core, etc) then it's your opinion on whether it is good, comprehensible, etc. Stop whining about other's opinions. Only worry about what you think and say.
PoisonousNipple
Banned
42 IQ
ITT: Over opinionated 10 year old morons, way worse than metal ELITISTS

My mother used to tell me that metal singers sounded like assholes ect. People just don't understand that musicians are putting forth feelings which mostly originate from what they witness around them. It's art, I don't walk up to paintings and say "Oh that guy strokes too heavy and fast it's just colours!"

People are ****ing dumb in general. What's your brother listen to anyway?
Irondevil
40 IQ
Quote by EpiExplorer

Why is that nigga holding rope?
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
Godspeed sound nothing like This Will Destroy You, who sound nothing like Mogwai, who sound nothing like *Shels, who sound nothing like Moving Mountains, who sound nothing like If These Trees Could Talk, who sound nothing like 65daysofstatic, who sound nothing like Pianos Become The Teeth.

I found Mogwai and Goodspeed to sound exactly the same. Maybe I'm just not focused enough. Nevertheless. I find it to be nice music but far from my favourite genre and I don't really buy into to the hype. Post-punk > post-rock for one.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Metallumz
10 IQ
I don't tell them anything. I simply let them revive their 'gangstarrr' phase over a certain period of time, look back at all these idiots who will hang their heads in shame thinking Gangnam Style/Lady GaGa/Minaj/etc was actually any good.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,130 IQ
Quote by Metallumz
I don't tell them anything. I simply let them revive their 'gangstarrr' phase over a certain period of time, look back at all these idiots who will hang their heads in shame thinking Gangnam Style/Lady GaGa/Minaj/etc was actually any good.

This guy is clearly a badass. Y'all motherfuckers had best watch yourselves.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
anvil is god
new cocaine
769 IQ
Quote by Metallumz

I'm loving '13ers so far.
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
2,788 IQ
Quote by Bushinarin
I like when metal gets spacey and takes a kind of post-rocky approach. It's pretty much the best.

Also, I agree a little bit that post-rock comes off as similar in a "climax-core" sort of way. Not saying all of it, but a fair bit is all about the release.

You didn't seriously just call post-rock "climax-core" did you? Please tell me I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong but I can't think of any reasonable way to make sense of this.

I've never wanted more to be wrong than I do right now.
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Hey TS, forget post-rock, and listen to post-metal. It's the only kind of metal that's any good.

If your brother is bothered by post-metal too, whack him with a thesaurus and tell him that you're listening to thinking man's metal.

It's like, you're thinking and stuff, and your brother is thinking too, but you're, like, thinking more than him.

It makes me think.
Zombee
UG Newbie
146 IQ
I was in a death metal band once. People either loved us or they hated us, or they thought we were ok.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,421 IQ
Quote by Zombee
I was in a death metal band once. People either loved us or they hated us, or they thought we were ok.

So like every band or artist ever and forever...
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
ThrashUnleashed
stealing human bones
443 IQ
Quote by anvil is god
I'm loving '13ers so far.

They've actually been quite good
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Symmetry4321
517 IQ
I have clearly missed out on this post-rock joke but it has inspired me to listen to some Mogwai and I like what I'm hearing, so well done Pit.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,130 IQ
Quote by Zombee

That's always a great bit.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
Saint78
julian wells
1,760 IQ
Quote by Metallumz

You a stupid hoe, kid.
you're a stone fox
Gorelord666
Lone Buffalo
80 IQ
Quote by Zombee

I love you...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.