http://soundcloud.com/cloudsofgrass/adventure-couch

I woke up yesterday morning and started jamming this, started with the bass riff and built on top. Not more than two takes a piece for everything. I've been doing a lot of recording lately, but this seems like it's a level above what I usually do. Will C4C if anyone cares to give me an honest criticism.

An interesting side note, is that in April of 2012 I was in a sawmill accident and suffered devastating damage to my left (fretting hand) arm, it ended up wrapped around the tail spool of a conveyor belt, arm broken roughly six times and severe nerve and tissue damage from the conveyor grinding my flesh away. They nearly amputated, I spent two weeks in hospital, and a total of five surgeries. Was told I would never play again, but thanks to single minded dedication to a seemingly impossible task, less than a year later, here I am.
It's pretty cool. The bass has a nice even groove throughout the whole piece. The guitars are little sloppy. Almost sounds like you were improvising. There's some cool riffs in there though, I like the harmonies, and the guitars sound good. They would sound really good if the playing was tighter though. Thanks for the crit man!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7421
Ibanez SA160
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Randall RM100
Madison Divinity II
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
Thanks! The entire track basically is improvisation, most of the time I just hit record and see what happens, generally when I come up with a cool riff I'll lay down a basic bass track, play through it with a guitar once, then record the guitar, then harmony guitar(s), then improvise a solo and yet another track for solo harmony if need be. Not a lot of planning goes on
Wow! Glad your arm is still hooked on!!!!!

Got my attention right from the start - in a good way.

Like the bass sounds and the guitar harmonies are sharp without being mechanical.

1:15 you couldn't hold yourself back any longer - I likey.

A great idea - well done. Now re-record it from the ground up, double the length without being repetitive, and add a melody and lyrics. Just jackin' with you!

Good job and I hope your arm doesn't give you pain.

I live at -

LINK - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1580347

Keep playin'

DWS
Last edited by DancesWithSheep at Jan 4, 2013,
Quote by iduno871
I'm interested to know how you get your bass tone. And your guitar tone is really cool as well. Has a really nice groove, and is really cool for an improv track. Nice use of the blues scale in the main riff. Work on your sweeps, bends, and fast licks a bit for cleanliness...other than that I dig it a lot.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1581054

Glad to hear you liked the tone! My bass rig is pretty simple, I have a Jackson JS3V Bass, running into a Zoom B3, and I use the Zoom's XLR out into a Tascam DP-008 Pocketstudio. Generally I use a high pass filter on all the guitars to roll off everything below 150hz to give the bass some room in the mix, other than that I don't do anything special. I use Zoom for the guitars too, a G5.

Quote by DancesWithSheep
Wow! Glad your arm is still hooked on!!!!!

Me too!