inked rocker
246 IQ
Looking to upgrade my setup- i have an argos special of a YAMAHA ERG 121 and YAMAHA GA10 amp from years ago (stop laughing)- have recently got right back into playing- already searching for guitar- discussed on another post

any advice on a beginner amp that will see me through i have a little practice YAMAHA GA10 at present i dont gig and play rock mainly- fav bands are alkaline trio and alter bridge- obviously i love a wide range from sabbath to muse and all in between

have a budget of up to £70 as i said im still new to all the gear put there so if its ridiculously low dont judge too much
gerraguitar
856 IQ
one of the roland cubes?
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
If you've only got £70 then a Roland Microcube is the way to go, portable, runs of batteries if needed but still a amssive step up from that 10 watter noisebox you currently have
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Look for a used Peavey vypyr 30, Fender Mustang II, Vox Vt40+
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by steven seagull
If you've only got £70 then a Roland Microcube is the way to go, portable, runs of batteries if needed but still a amssive step up from that 10 watter noisebox you currently have

+1

or vox mini 3/da5
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

inked rocker
246 IQ
looked at some belcatsand heads up on them? im on a tight budget as ive spent more on a vintage v100 lp
ciadude2
282 IQ
+1 to the used Peavey Vypyr. Best solid state modeler I've heard. Tons of demos out there if you want to hear it, and lots of people(myself included) on these forums have them.
inked rocker
246 IQ
hi all no joy with a peavy vyper 15 at mo thats all budget allows but found a fender mustang 1 for £85 is that a bargain also has a few features
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
i think the mustang is meant to be quite good, but i've never got round to trying one. I imagine it's a better bet than that belcat thingy or similar cheapo brands.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)
3,630 IQ
If you go to Guitar Center's site and look through their used stuff, you can easily get a Peavey Vypyr 15 for that.

Other than the Vypyr, the Roland Cube is a good choice, then after those two, you could go for a Mustang or Valvetronix.