Page 4 of 7
Quote by Nietsche
Here's the fun part - Technically, I'm not gay either.

Technically?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by bradulator
at least we aren't gay

thank god!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Nietsche
I'm bi.

even worse, you can't even make up your mind so you get to be selfish and have both
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Well, in my country theres really no hate against gay people as far as i'm aware. Of course theres people here and there who do not like them, but there's no established movement against them. Well, apart from the church, i guess, but they really have no say here.

The reason that it's such a big problem in the US seems to be, apart from crazy religious people, as a political distraction. The republican side especially have a habit of making people focus on things like Gays or Abortions and other freedoms they'd like to infringe on - in turn that keeps the population discussing these outright stupid things, and not anything that really matters. Be it the shattered economy, corrupt politicians and so on.

However, it is hard to see if it all originates from a point of religion or from a point of rich scumbags, since in the US, these are often incredibly hard to differenciate between.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by Nietsche
I'm bi.

Fair enough, I thought that might be what you were implying.

That's actually always seemed reasonable to me if one is able to overcome the societal prejudices.
Charles Darwin
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
This is just based off personal experience, but a lot of the gay dudes @ my school are rly in your face and almost... pretentious about their sexuality

I would never verbally or physically assault anyone, and I'm definitely not trying to justify gay hate, but I can totally see how that would set off an angry/violent person and I'm pretty confident that's at least one of the reasons there's so much h8

a) i'm sure it's just a small minority of gay ppl at your school
b) i guarantee you there are more people flaunting their heterosexuality--or just policing on behalf of heteronormativity--and that's much more harmful anyway. masculine straight men do not have a monopoly on expressing themselves vis-a-vis their sexual orientation.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Even in places where homosexuality is legal there is still violence towards this group of people. Be it bullying or a physical attack.

Right, I understand that some, if not most, religions have a problems with gays, but is this the only place where core gay hate comes from?

I was thinking of some stand up by Louis C.K. about how he can understand hate against gays if they were crossing dicks in front of him while eating cereal or shagging on the lawn when he wants to mow it, but they don't do that...so what's the big deal?

I understand that parts of America in particular has an obsession with gays and most everyone has heard of the Westboro Baptist Church and all, but I don't wanna have an 'MURICA and bible thread.

I've seen some verbal assault on homosexuals, which I find stupid, but I understand even less how someone can think "Oh, that guy is a homo, I'm gonna let him know that I know he's a homo and call him a fag and then I'm gonna punch his face in".

What's the deal, yo?

Theres going to be ingorant arsoles wherever you go. Youl never ever stamp it out so just deal with it. If your effected by sumone calling you a fag because your homosexual then you are weak.. no offense.

Your always going to get abuse from sumone for somthing... it happens to evryone now and again...somtimes all the time..and if its coming from sumone specific in your evryday life all of the time like that then you need to fix that shit in whatever way it needs to be fixed.

If your not homosexual then its because your black if your not black then its because you have a big nose if you dont have a big nose its because you smell if you dont smell its because your hair is short/long {insert any reason you can find here} thats how ALOT of people are.

Thats the deal pal and youl never change it.
as far as answering the question goes, i think that anti-gay hate is because of the way heteronormativity is socialized into us in every way and how homophobia is treated as a masculine (and therefore positive) trait. masculinity as homophobia.
Quote by Arby911
Fair enough, I thought that might be what you were implying.

That's actually always seemed reasonable to me if one is able to overcome the societal prejudices.

Ain nuthin gay about gettin ur dick sucked!
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by asmileyfish
Theres going to be ingorant arsoles wherever you go. Youl never ever stamp it out so just deal with it. If your effected by sumone calling you a fag because your homosexual then you are weak.. no offense.

Your always going to get abuse from sumone for somthing... it happens to evryone now and again...somtimes all the time..and if its coming from sumone specific in your evryday life all of the time like that then you need to fix that shit in whatever way it needs to be fixed.

If your not homosexual then its because your black if your not black then its because you have a big nose if you dont have a big nose its because you smell if you dont smell its because your hair is short/long {insert any reason you can find here} thats how ALOT of people are.

Thats the deal pal and youl never change it.

You seem to be painting white heterosexual with medium length hair and a small nose as the norm.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by due 07
a) i'm sure it's just a small minority of gay ppl at your school
b) i guarantee you there are more people flaunting their heterosexuality--or just policing on behalf of heteronormativity--and that's much more harmful anyway. masculine straight men do not have a monopoly on expressing themselves vis-a-vis their sexual orientation.

a) well you never really know who's gay or not, but the ones who are more open about their homosexuality seem to get a lot of flak
b) never said they did. angry heteros h8 on gays for expressing themselves, I wasn't trying to say that gays should stop expressing themselves, or that the h8 was deserved, i'm just saying i do believe it is one of the reasons for all the h8
Hopefully in a few generations this'll all be gone. I mean, when I was young they never taught us about homosexuality; and for that reason, to me at least, being straight will seem more 'normal', whether I like it or not. Hopefully as gay rights is becoming a more prevalent issue they'll start talking to young kids about it, which could ideally solve a lot of things, maybe even make it easier for kids to come out earlier on in life.

As I said, growing up here in Toronto, I knew kids in middle school who were out and nobody ever made fun of them or teased them or anything at all.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
all of the gays who were open about it at my high school were super annoying and flamboyant. so i can understand having a negative perception of gay people.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
This is just based off personal experience, but a lot of the gay dudes @ my school are rly in your face and almost... pretentious about their sexuality

almost every 'manly' straight guy is like that, but b/c that's 'normal' it's never picked upon
Quote by Tsar66
almost every 'manly' straight guy is like that, but b/c that's 'normal' it's never picked upon

This gay dude I worked with would slap a random guy's ass daily. If straight men did that, how far would they get?
Quote by whywefight
This gay dude I worked with would slap a random guy's ass daily. If straight men did that, how far would they get?

Gay people like this do piss me off, but then a straight person who goes around slapping girl's asses pisses me off just as much.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Gay people like this do piss me off, but then a straight person who goes around slapping girl's asses pisses me off just as much.

Agreed and here in the US it will get you a sexual harassment lawsuit.
Charles Darwin
There was only 1 openly gay kid at my school. He was one of the most insufferable people I've ever had the misfortune of meeting.
I've never met anyone gay who's in your face about it.
Like if they hadn't have told me I wouldn't have even guessed.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by yope
Quote by bradulator
all of the gays who were open about it at my high school were super annoying and flamboyant. so i can understand having a negative perception of gay people.

i've met super annoying mexican ppl but i still don't 'understand' people having a negative perception of mexican ppl.
Quote by Arby911

I don't know, it's not really anything I reasoned out personally, it's just that I get aroused by dicks and the thought of doing sexual things with them, and at the same time I also get aroused by boobs. Been that way since I was about thirteen. No idea why, it's just a thing I guess

Actually the hardest thing to come to terms with were the romantic and emotional aspects. Sex is sex and is usually something private to some degree, but love is hard to keep in the closet. For a while I actually tried to deny that I had any of those kind of feelings but in retrospect it was a really unhealthy thing to do. I can kind of understand why some lgbt people might feel the need to go over the top in expressing their sexuality, being able to tell other people that I was bi was a huge emotional release for me. A lot of anger, irritation and general negative feelings that I had before dissipated, it would have been really easy to go overboard with it the way I felt immediately afterwards.
Quote by due 07
i've met super annoying mexican ppl but i still don't 'understand' people having a negative perception of mexican ppl.

I can understand how a person can make a bad generalization based on their own experience. It's not right, but people aren't perfect and they will proceed to associate gayness or mexicanity with being annoying until they, through their own experience, meet gays or mexicans that aren't annoying. Sometimes that's how it goes.
Quote by bradulator
I can understand how a person can make a bad generalization based on their own experience. It's not right, but people aren't perfect and they will proceed to associate gayness or mexicanity with being annoying until they, through their own experience, meet gays or mexicans that aren't annoying. Sometimes that's how it goes.

Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by yope
Quote by Todd Hart
You seem to be painting white heterosexual with medium length hair and a small nose as the norm.

Quote by bradulator

thank u for successfully saying what i was trying to say
idk, here in Holland gays are more or less widely accepted, except for the church and muslims (but nobody cares about them). The only non-religious homophobes I ever met were the 12-year old 'swagfags' (no pun intended) who thought it was cool to be a gay basher, and they probably don't even mean it. Apart from those groups everyone is ok with it. That's why anti-gay violence rarely happens in Holland.
"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit." - George Carlin
I just blame it on ignorance. If somebody doesn't like gay people, I'm not going to say they're a terrible person or something like that. Everyone has a couple silly beliefs, and I'm sure plenty of us at one time or another have had some beliefs we look back on with a little bit of embarrassment.
Quote by The Madcap
I just blame it on ignorance. If somebody doesn't like gay people, I'm not going to say they're a terrible person or something like that. Everyone has a couple silly beliefs, and I'm sure plenty of us at one time or another have had some beliefs we look back on with a little bit of embarrassment.

>being a homophobe is just a 'silly belief'
fuck you
Dont care however I dont get the whole "loud n proud" thing.Shit is annoying.Get your partner and do whatever gross things you do behind closed doors.
The only gay haters are our parents and older. When our generation takes political control all this stupid discrimination shit will be done for.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
The only gay haters are our parents and older. When our generation takes political control all this stupid discrimination shit will be done for.

Quote by Philip_pepper

I was thinking of some stand up by Louis C.K. about how he can understand hate against gays if they were crossing dicks in front of him while eating cereal or shagging on the lawn when he wants to mow it, but they don't do that...so what's the big deal?

I always find it stupid when 'I don't hate gays as long as they're not vocal about it' people say things like that because a man and a woman shagging in my front lawn wouldn't be appreciated either.

Quote by Elderer

I see both of your points. Here in rich Republican America I here a lot of anti gay things from my peers they will either grow out of it or be outnumbered.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jan 4, 2013,
The only people who seem to hate gays in the UK is apparently just over half of the Church. Enough of the church so that they don't have to do anything nice to the gays, but so few that you can definitely tell that nobody else in the land agrees with them.
Quote by Tsar66
>being a homophobe is just a 'silly belief'
fuck you
Poor choice of words on my part. I'd say homophobia is a bad thing.

I just don't think it's good to do an entire character assassination on someone based on that alone.
Quote by The Madcap

why are you such an apologist for so many awful things? this pretty much pisses me off because of the way i've been affected by the homophobia of peers and how i know so many other people have been affected worse.
Quote by The Madcap
I just don't think it's good to do an entire character assassination on someone based on that alone.

i do. if you have homophobic beliefs then fuck you, that's p much my whole philosophy.
Quote by due 07
why are you such an apologist for so many awful things? this pretty much pisses me off because of the way i've been affected by the homophobia of peers and how i know so many other people have been affected worse.

i do. if you have homophobic beliefs then fuck you, that's p much my whole philosophy.

basically all of this
Quote by Elderer
Dont care however I dont get the whole "loud n proud" thing.Shit is annoying.Get your partner and do whatever gross things you do behind closed doors.

Oh what, is doing "gross things" in public a strictly gay thing? Or by "gross things" do you mean holding hands? Why shouldn't gay people be loud and proud?